12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello friends,

I am here in Usa on cri visa with your help. I want some more help from you. Friends, I applied for my and my son green cards in sep.2014. One week ago I asked to uscis for my green cards. They said we posted your greencards on October 25. But I never received my greencards in mail. But they said we posted. They gave me tracking numbers. I went to post office with these tracking numbers, post gave me a detail, But on detail there is no full address where the green card sent. I call back to uscis and told all to them. They said fill up form I-90 for replacement cards. I asked uscis if there is any fee for green cards. they said, if your green cards are lost then yes. If u never received your green cards then no. I asked to my agent to fill up form I-90. He said there is fees 4:50 dollars for one green cards and he said u will receive your cards after 8-9 months. As I am on cri visa, I have to apply again for pr green cards after two years. I think if I no apply for my green cards ,is there any problems with this. But should be done. I do not no. Please help me.

Thank u very much.

raj

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello friends,

I am here in Usa on cri visa with your help. I want some more help from you. Friends, I applied for my and my son green cards in sep.2014. One week ago I asked to uscis for my green cards. They said we posted your greencards on October 25. But I never received my greencards in mail. But they said we posted. They gave me tracking numbers. I went to post office with these tracking numbers, post gave me a detail, But on detail there is no full address where the green card sent. I call back to uscis and told all to them. They said fill up form I-90 for replacement cards. I asked uscis if there is any fee for green cards. they said, if your green cards are lost then yes. If u never received your green cards then no. I asked to my agent to fill up form I-90. He said there is fees 4:50 dollars for one green cards and he said u will receive your cards after 8-9 months. As I am on cri visa, I have to apply again for pr green cards after two years. I think if I no apply for my green cards ,is there any problems with this. But should be done. I do not no. Please help me.

Thank u very much.

If permanent resident status(green card) was granted to you, you are no longer on CR1, you are a permanent resident of the USA. Did you try tracking the envelopes using the post office website? If you never received the cards, you can file I-90, they will send you new cards. There is no fee for the new cars if you never received the original ones.

Here are the instructions http://www.uscis.gov/i-90

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hello friends,

Thank u very much.

The cards were sent to you in your name & in your sons name. If those names were not attached to the mailing address for where you live they were probably returned to USCIS. Check with the U S post office nearest to your address to find out about this while asking them to help find the cards.

I would send in the I-90 right now and pursue the cards thru USPS as well. You wont have to pay for what you never had.

Timeline

Thanks for your reply friends. I had gone to post office. They gave me detail as delievered date october 25, 2014. On address :Yuba city ca-95993.(No complete address) No anything else. My agent said you will have to pay dollar 4:50 dollars for one green card as uscis has posted u green cards already. Although u got or not. I tell my agent that uscis said there is no any fees if u never recieved your green cards. He said me back "ask a name of uscis officer who told u that. Then we can mention of this officers name for no fees.

raj

Timeline

If permanent resident status(green card) was granted to you, you are no longer on CR1, you are a permanent resident of the USA. Did you try tracking the envelopes using the post office website? If you never received the cards, you can file I-90, they will send you new cards. There is no fee for the new cars if you never received the original ones.

Here are the instructions http://www.uscis.gov/i-90

Hi friend, thank u for ur reply and for give me link . In instructions: If we issued and u never recieved your green cards then there is no fees. But 1. we mailed 30 days ago. they mailed me on october 25 as 45 days ago. I asked for my green cards two days ago as they said u will recieve your green cards in December. I was never think that they will post my green cards as early. As the days are over, It means I will have to pay fees for green cards right?

raj

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks for your reply friends. I had gone to post office. They gave me detail as delievered date october 25, 2014. On address :Yuba city ca-95993.(No complete address) No anything else. My agent said you will have to pay dollar 4:50 dollars for one green card as uscis has posted u green cards already. Although u got or not. I tell my agent that uscis said there is no any fees if u never recieved your green cards. He said me back "ask a name of uscis officer who told u that. Then we can mention of this officers name for no fees.

My friend don't worry about the officers name. Just fill out the form I-90 and put an X in question 2.B of section A ( if you were getting a 10 year green card) or in question 3.B of section B( if you were getting a 2 year conditional green card). You don't have to send any money. USCIS will investigate to see were the green cards went and if they determine that you did not receive them they will re-issue new ones to you at no charge.

Timeline

Sadly I think you don't have any idea of what needs to be done to help yourself. If the post office delivered the cards to you there would be no problem. Somehow they delivered to an address that is incomplete? I doubt that.

Your " agent " ? Who is this agent?

Make an Info Pass appointment by using the USCIS web site so you can go talk to USCIS in person.

Timeline

Thank u my friends. Ok I will do that what u are suggesst me and then I will tell u back what happend. Once again thank u very much my friends. You all are so nice. God bless all of you.

raj

Timeline

My friend don't worry about the officers name. Just fill out the form I-90 and put an X in question 2.B of section A ( if you were getting a 10 year green card) or in question 3.B of section B( if you were getting a 2 year conditional green card). You don't have to send any money. USCIS will investigate to see were the green cards went and if they determine that you did not receive them they will re-issue new ones to you at no charge.

How long will this investigation take?

What should she do while she is waiting?

USCIS will make this decision based on what info?

Timeline

If you never received the cards, you can file I-90, they will send you new cards. There is no fee for the new cards if you never received the original ones.

and also recheck the post office if they can provide you the complete address where they have delivered the cards so that you can contact that address and ask for the cards.You have not received the cards and post office has delivered the cards on wrong address and they also don't have complete address where they have delivered its not that you have lost the cards so you are innocent you will get it free of cost go ahead and claim for it.Make an appointment with USCIS office and go there personally.

Edited by aanu

Timeline

If you never received the cards, you can file I-90, they will send you new cards. There is no fee for the new cards if you never received the original ones.

and also recheck the post office if they can provide you the complete address where they have delivered the cards so that you can contact that address and ask for the cards.You have not received the cards and post office has delivered the cards on wrong address and they also don't have complete address where they have delivered its not that you have lost the cards so you are innocent you will get it free of cost go ahead and claim for it.Make an appointment with USCIS office and go there personally.

ok thank u Annu.

raj

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Hello VJ

I filled up Form I-90 and send to uscis and I recieved notice of action letters from uscis. But my agent still saying that uscis will not send ur green cards without fees. Have u any idea for this my friends?

Thank u.

raj

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.