jplene

Administrative Processing, no cenomar

19 posts in this topic

hi everyone,

I want to vent out my frustration regarding my husband's visa processing, and maybe someone out there share the same hardship as ours. My husband had his interview last dec 5. To our dismay, my husband's application was put under administrative processing due to lack of cenomar. (Why do they need cenomar from someone who's married? Plus,it was not included in the list of documents to be submitted!) I received an email that same day telling that we need to provide a copy of his cenomar. But my husband said the USEM personnel requested for BOTH our cenomar and will take 2-3 weeks for processing. My husband then rushed to NSO Pasay and submitted the request. December 12, our cenomars have been picked up @ NSO by the USEM, then on Dec 16 both forms got scanned. The last time we called the USEM (Dec 17), they said that they have forwarded our file to the consular officer who interviewed my husband. Now, I am getting really antsy. It's going to be weekend again and with the holidays coming up, our file might have to sit on that desk until next yr. There goes my much awaited happiest Christmas, I have to endure the pain of waiting and feeling of uncertainty. All I hope is we won't get denied. I am a US citizen and was married previously to my high school classmate (which was a nightmare). I was married in the Philippines and got divorced here in US. I consulted our friend who is an active judge in the Philippines and said that since I am a US citizen when my first marriage occurred and got divorced I wouldn't have to be worried about my previous marriage. I do know a few people who had 1st marriages in the Phil, got divorced, and were able to bring their current spouses here in the US. I hope eventhough I will not have my husband with me this Christmas, an approved visa as a gift will suffice.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi everyone,

I want to vent out my frustration regarding my husband's visa processing, and maybe someone out there share the same hardship as ours. My husband had his interview last dec 5. To our dismay, my husband's application was put under administrative processing due to lack of cenomar. (Why do they need cenomar from someone who's married? Plus,it was not included in the list of documents to be submitted!) I received an email that same day telling that we need to provide a copy of his cenomar. But my husband said the USEM personnel requested for BOTH our cenomar and will take 2-3 weeks for processing. My husband then rushed to NSO Pasay and submitted the request. December 12, our cenomars have been picked up @ NSO by the USEM, then on Dec 16 both forms got scanned. The last time we called the USEM (Dec 17), they said that they have forwarded our file to the consular officer who interviewed my husband. Now, I am getting really antsy. It's going to be weekend again and with the holidays coming up, our file might have to sit on that desk until next yr. There goes my much awaited happiest Christmas, I have to endure the pain of waiting and feeling of uncertainty. All I hope is we won't get denied. I am a US citizen and was married previously to my high school classmate (which was a nightmare). I was married in the Philippines and got divorced here in US. I consulted our friend who is an active judge in the Philippines and said that since I am a US citizen when my first marriage occurred and got divorced I wouldn't have to be worried about my previous marriage. I do know a few people who had 1st marriages in the Phil, got divorced, and were able to bring their current spouses here in the US. I hope eventhough I will not have my husband with me this Christmas, an approved visa as a gift will suffice.

The wording is vague on the USEM letter for fiancées, although I understand you are doing the married visa. The letter says "should" although everything I've ever read other than the official letter says to take a CENOMAR less than 4-6 months old and doing anything other would result in a delay. Hope your matter is resolved soon. Good luck.

CERTIFICATE OF NO MARRIAGE RECORD (CENOMAR). If you have never contracted marriage, a CENOMAR (Singleness) issued by the National Statistics Office (NSO)and printed on NSO security paper should be submitted. You may call the NSO Information Center at 02-737-1111 to inquire on securing a CENOMAR or visit their website at http://www.census.gov.ph.

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/1178798/15OCT/K1%20and%20K2%20Interview%20Preparation%20Instructions%20-%20English%20_updated%2015%20OCT%202014_.pdf

Edited by luckytwo15

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi everyone,

Nice rant, but as was found by many IR/CR-1s before you, it is listed and it is required.

The CENOMAR is listed in the embassy instructions letter, item # 3. At NSO you request a CENOMAR but if one is married they issue a CEMAR...and this is what the embassy requires.

http://www.census.gov.ph.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Item #3 on the instructions is MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE. We provided the USEM an authenticated copy of our marriage certificate from NSO. I guess we misunderstood. The CENOMAR (cert of no marriage) that we know is what my husband got from the NSO when we were applying for marriage license. Isn't the marriage certificate authenticated by NSO enough proof that the marriage took place? I also petitioned my ex husband before under CR1 category. We were never asked for the Cenomar during interview and got approved right away. The instruction is misleading. They should have specified that they need both marriage cert and cenomar. We were not the only ones who read it wrong since quite a few CR1s who had same interview as my husband's got administrative processing as well due to lack of cenomar.

the cemar (advisory of marriages) not only list the current marriage of ur husband but also previous marriages if there are any. the CO just wanted to see the marriage history of the applicant coz that info isnt shown in the nso marriage certificate. u have nothing to worry other than waiting for the CO to get to ur file again :) sit back and enjoy Christmas.

Sorry you have to go threw the wait... But it's also a good thing to future visa immigration people to know even if it's required, better to give them all information including optional items. We are worried also at interview that they require other proof, but with everything we can think of including advice from here in Visa Journey has helped immensely!

Thanks you very much everyone for all your encouragements! I really regret not being active here in visa journey prior to my hubby's interview. I would have read someone's post who went through the same ordeal before if I have been active. Truly it's a great help to everyone. We can learn from each other's experiences. Good luck to everyone who is still going through their visa process. May everyone have a great positive experience... and no delays. Hihihi. Happy holidays, everyone!

Edited by jplene

• 4 months later...

Hi! I am now in the same boat and my husband has to get a cenomar! I was just wondering how long it took before they released the visa to your husband? Thanks!

Right after my husband's interview he went straight to NSO in Pasay to submit the USEM's request for the cenomar. The cenomar was forwarded to the USEM in about 5 days. Once received, your papers together with the cenomar will be put on queue for review by the consular officer. Ours took more than a month. They told us it will be only 15 days but because of the holidays in December and the pope's visit it took more than a month. Hopefully wait times are better now. Good luck to both of u.

Hi! I am now in the same boat and my husband has to get a cenomar! I was just wondering how long it took before they released the visa to your husband? Thanks!

No one can say for sure. Our's was two weeks.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

@ Greenbaum, did you receive the visa after two weeks (14 days)? I'm worried cuz' I already bought his ticket!

Each case is different. No one can guarantee the exact day you'll get the visa that's why its a no-no to puchase tickets until visa is on-hand.

@ Greenbaum, did you receive the visa after two weeks (14 days)? I'm worried cuz' I already bought his ticket!

Yes two weeks for us. You need patience. It will get to you soon enough. Relax and start packing.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.