kj2010x

Are children good enough evidence for i751 waiver

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Kenya
Timeline

My situation-I am filing i751 good faith waiver. We have one girl born to the relationship before marriage. apart from that, i have joint taxes ,pics, insurence ,bills, lease, joint bank ac etc. weakness so far is that i work 3 hrs away and i am only home weekends and holidays- there is evidence of that.. this has been the case for past 3 years. tried getting jobs in my home city though.

Putting the question in another way, does anyone know of a i751 waiver where the couple had a child and it was still denied either at cis or IJ?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

I wouldn't say a child is "good enough," but together with the other evidence you mentioned you should be fine. Make sure that you submit evidence that spans the entire marriage, for example old lease agreements and insurance along with your most recent one. Perhaps write a short statement in a cover letter that you work away from home, but return on weekends and holidays. If they have any other questions they'll send you an RFE or ask you in for an interview.

Day 0 - 2 May 2012 Mailed AOS package overnight delivery
Day 139 - 17 September 2012 Interview & APPROVED on the Spot!! :)
Day 145 - 23 September 2012 Received Green Card!

ROC - Eligible June 19 2014

Day 0 - 18 June 2014 Mailed ROC package via 2 day priority

Day 42 - 29 July 2014 Approval and Card Production Email

Day 49 - 5 August 2014 Received Green Card

Filed: Timeline

My situation-I am filing i751 good faith waiver. We have one girl born to the relationship before marriage. apart from that, i have joint taxes ,pics, insurence ,bills, lease, joint bank ac etc. weakness so far is that i work 3 hrs away and i am only home weekends and holidays- there is evidence of that.. this has been the case for past 3 years. tried getting jobs in my home city though.

Putting the question in another way, does anyone know of a i751 waiver where the couple had a child and it was still denied either at cis or IJ?

The recent executive action will make a difference for those with USC child/children... It is never a good thing in the sight of God and human that a parent/parents of a child/children are put asunder.... As long as you have not committed immigration fraud, you cannot be denied even with minute of evidence since you have a child... Make sure you're involved in your child's life and provide his/her needs because this is your whole duty as a father...

Filed: Other Timeline

Having a child is proof of insufficient birth control. It can be a token of love . . . or an accident. There's no general yes or no answer to your question.

If you are a in loving relationship, the child is just the icing on the cake. If you file your I-751 with a waiver, because the marriage went downhill fast and you got divorced, the child is not going to make much of a difference.

So, yes, RoC can be denied even if the couple has a child together, but it will only be denied, if the USCIS feels that something is not kosher, and has . . . um . . . evidence to that fact.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Filed: Timeline

Having a child is proof of insufficient birth control. It can be a token of love . . . or an accident. There's no general yes or no answer to your question.

If you are a in loving relationship, the child is just the icing on the cake. If you file your I-751 with a waiver, because the marriage went downhill fast and you got divorced, the child is not going to make much of a difference.

So, yes, RoC can be denied even if the couple has a child together, but it will only be denied, if the USCIS feels that something is not kosher, and has . . . um . . . evidence to that fact.

I think something is wrong with this kind of opinion about children born in wedlock and children born out of wedlock. The point is they're human beings that deserve both parents in their life immigration apart. If your marriage is real having a child is a plus evidence provided you're a responsible parent.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.