Cool_Immigrant

Is our pre-loaded evidence for AOS enough? Please help!

12 posts in this topic

Hi, I came here in 2011 as an F-1 student. We have been together since Nov 2013 and got married by June 5 2014. We are about to send my AOS application before Christmas, please, we need your ideas, do you think the pre-loaded evidence listed below is enough?

1)Marriage Certificate

2)Brief Story of us

3)Joint bank account statement

4)Rental Agreement

5) Pay stub mails received to the same address while we were living in another state

6)Facebook chat logs

7)Text messages

8)3 letters from family/friends (Landlord, a friend of my wife, my wife's mom)

9)Photos of us taken in different occasions

10) Birthday card I got from my wife (no date on it)

We don't have any joint bills since our rental include all utilities. I have life insurance (not health insurance) and Healthcare Power of Attorney form with her name listed as well but we thought it is not necessary to submit those, what do you think?

I really appreciate your help.

Thanks.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline

Hello,

if you read the instructions of i-485 , you will see that you send more than what they ask for.

GO to uscis, forms 485 et read the instructions about the evidence they need, you will understand and it is what they want at least, they don't ask for more.

Maybe for the interview they can ask...

good evening.

Hello,

if you read the instructions of i-485 , you will see that you send more than what they ask for.

GO to uscis, forms 485 et read the instructions about the evidence they need, you will understand and it is what they want at least, they don't ask for more.

Maybe for the interview they can ask...

good evening.

Hi sogreeny, thank you very much for your response. That's what I thought after reading the instructions for I-130 actually but I came across some topics in the forum about pre-loading, some members assert that pre-loading the package could make the interview process more smooth but I am not sure if that's just a rumor or the truth at all, I guess going simple is going to be better. Thanks again :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Moved to AOS from Work, Student and Tourist from AOS from Family~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

I would include the life insurance and healthcare and any other documents showing each other as beneficiary. Also, if you have them, 401k/IRA beneficiary, joint vehicle insurance and joint credit card documents. Not sure I'd bother with a single undated birthday card, though.

I would include the life insurance and healthcare and any other documents showing each other as beneficiary. Also, if you have them, 401k/IRA beneficiary, joint vehicle insurance and joint credit card documents. Not sure I'd bother with a single undated birthday card, though.

Thanks for your response. The thing is, we don't have an health insurance but we bought a life insurance package since it was very reasonably priced, I just thought it may look a little weird to have life insurance but not health insurance, what do you think?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline

You know what i send the minimum they ask for, just joint account and all document they ask in the instructions of 485 and it is fine, it is enough.

i have my interview 20 january 2015.

The trouble was more for i-864 for me and normally we have find solution with my husband.

So don't worry if you have respect what they ask minimum.

You know what i send the minimum they ask for, just joint account and all document they ask in the instructions of 485 and it is fine, it is enough.

The trouble was more for i-864 for me and normally we have find solution with my husband.

Thanks a lot for your responses guys. Here is the latest list we have. Are we going to have a chance to show other evidence during the interview if we don't submit much as sogreeny mentioned? sogreeny did you only include one proof and got the interview notice afterwards without RFE? I really appreciate your help.

Proof of a bona fide relationship

· A short summary of our story

· Rental Agreement

· Proof of old address

· Joint Bank Account

· Letters from family/friends

· Photos of us

· Random text messages

Edited by Cool_Immigrant

Oh and good luck in your interview, hope everything goes smooth! :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Singapore
Timeline

Thanks a lot for your responses guys. Here is the latest list we have. Are we going to have a chance to show other evidence during the interview if we don't submit much as sogreeny mentioned? sogreeny did you only include one proof and got the interview notice afterwards without RFE? I really appreciate your help.

Proof of a bona fide relationship

· A short summary of our story

· Rental Agreement

· Proof of old address

· Joint Bank Account

· Letters from family/friends

· Photos of us

· Random text messages

you definitely have a chance to show more evidence during the interview. my husband and i bought so much evidence to the interview, it looked like we were actually trying to set up camp in the USCIS office, like we were each carrying 1 box of evidence plus 1 giant binder. we looked kind of ridiculous.

if it helps you, here's a link that contains a link to my 130/485 cover letter, and you can see what evidence we included in our package.

Visit me at: http://littlealienmusings.blogspot.com/

06-2009 Granted Student Visa
09-2009 Entered the US for the 1st time via LAX, started school
12-2009 Met and dated the then-Boyfriend-now-Hubby
04-2010 Got an SSN through on-campus job
05-2011 Moved in with the then-Boyfriend-now-Hubby
03-2013 Filed I-765 for F-1 OPT
04-2013 Got engaged to the then-Fiance-now Hubby, worked part time on F-1 CPT
06-2013 Graduated with a B.S., F-1 OPT approved, worked full time on F-1 OPT
09-2013 Got married to the Hubby
10-2013 Filed I-485, I-130, I-693, I-864, G-325A's
11-2013 Biometrics, filed I-131
12-2013 I-131 approved (got a lawyer to expedite processing)
03-2014 Filed AR-11, I-865 for change of address
04-2014 Interview notice for Cinco de Mayo
05-2014 I-130/I-485 approved on the spot, I-551 mailed to new address within 7 calendar days

you definitely have a chance to show more evidence during the interview. my husband and i bought so much evidence to the interview, it looked like we were actually trying to set up camp in the USCIS office, like we were each carrying 1 box of evidence plus 1 giant binder. we looked kind of ridiculous.

if it helps you, here's a link that contains a link to my 130/485 cover letter, and you can see what evidence we included in our package.

We loved your blog, looks amazing and written in a fun manner, thank you very much :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.