Jrobson89

Interview today - rejected pending additional administrative processing

94 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

It sounds like you will have your visa soon. Whether it's five days or ten days, it always varies so no way to say for certain about delivery.

A visa can be denied for drug charges or crimes involving moral turpitude. Small issues should be fine. They just need to check it out and document what you told them about the charge.

If you took a SAR, then they would have the information and could have made a decision for approval on the spot. You have a short delay.

I have just received an email from the fraud prevention team at the US embassy.

Saying I must contact ACRO myself and get the details of all of my police history via certified email and send it back to them.

Does this mean they are not going forward with it as I was told this morning?

How do I go about contacting ACRO and what do I ask for, and how do I get back in contact with the embassy.

This is just awful.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

Saying I must contact ACRO myself and get the details of all of my police history via certified email and send it back to them.

How do I go about contacting ACRO and what do I ask for, and how do I get back in contact with the embassy.

This is just awful.

So I have called ACRO and they can only tell me the details over the phone.

I have written those details down, sent and signed the email reply to the fraud prevention team at the embassy.

Hopefully that is enough.

This is just awful.

That is what I have always heard in the past, so them saying they could clear you in the afternoon was something I had never heard of in my six years on this forum.

ACRO http://www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspx

Subject Access is a menu tab. Unfortunately, the SAR takes longer than the police certificate. They say allow 40 days.

Your visa will not be considered until they have info on your issue from ACRO. If you had a Christmas trip planned, you could ask for your passport back while you wait out the visa.

Edit: forgot to say, if you get your passport back, then you would contact the courier to pick up both your passport and SAR to take back to the embassy when you are ready.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

This is just awful.

I have written those details down, sent and signed the email reply to the fraud prevention team at the embassy.

So I called ACRO and got the full details of my charges.

Emailed them back to the fraud prevention team and signed and swore on my email.

ACRO could only verbally tell me the details and said I would have to be the one emailing embassy back.

Hopefully this will be enough.

This is just awful.

So I called ACRO and got the full details of my charges.

Emailed them back to the fraud prevention team and signed and swore on my email.

ACRO could only verbally tell me the details and said I would have to be the one emailing embassy back.

Hopefully this will be enough.

Yes I saw that you posted that while I was replying to your other post. I have no clue if that works or not. I can't recall anybody else in exactly the same situation. I suppose if they choose to believe your word over requiring something written, then it's possible.

Order a SAR anyway for your future applications. You will always have to answer yes on anything asking if you have ever been convicted. Have the documentation instead of ordering from England later.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Very strange they said they would accept a certified email?? I did a search on forum and found others who had to wait for the SAR which took an average of four weeks.....I really hope what they told you is a new procedure!!! Please keep in touch since we are in the same boat!!!

Timeline

Yes I saw that you posted that while I was replying to your other post. I have no clue if that works or not. I can't recall anybody else in exactly the same situation. I suppose if they choose to believe your word over requiring something written, then it's possible.

Order a SAR anyway for your future applications. You will always have to answer yes on anything asking if you have ever been convicted. Have the documentation instead of ordering from England later.

The email specifically asks for me to reply to the email and sign and swear it with the details I get from ACRO.

I will order a SAR when I get home.

On the train back from London now.

Also I got a reply from the embassy saying they have received my email.

The email specifically asks for me to reply to the email and sign and swear it with the details I get from ACRO.

I will order a SAR when I get home.

On the train back from London now.

Also I got a reply from the embassy saying they have received my email.

That sounds encouraging. :)

Good luck.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Timeline

Wow! My fiancé is in same situation so I hope he has the same email when he gets home!! I pray that they accept this info via email instead of having to wait another 40 days!!!!

I wish you all the best, I know exactly how you guys feel.

Keep us updated :)

My fiancé received the same email....he is calling tomorrow! So did you just reply to that email with the info u received from ACRO?? Or did u send a new email? Wasn't sure if he should just respond directly to that email with the info?

How did you make the email "certified"? Just say I am certifying this info is true??

Timeline

My fiancé received the same email....he is calling tomorrow! So did you just reply to that email with the info u received from ACRO?? Or did u send a new email? Wasn't sure if he should just respond directly to that email with the info?

How did you make the email "certified"? Just say I am certifying this info is true??

Is specifies in the email you must reply with the details you receive from ACRO.

Yes I just did

I Jrobson, swear that all information provided is true.

Something along those lines.

Timeline

Great!! I really hope this is all they need!! I read stories from 2013 where people waited 30-40 days for a subject access report!

Well we may well need SARs yet but they haven't requested one so i think we'll be OK.

Maybe they have changed it for cases which we're almost a clear yes.

Who knows, only time will tell. the Information i sent was the same as what is on a SAR they are just trusting me to tell the truth.

Let me know if anything happens, good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.