Jrobson89

Interview today - rejected pending additional administrative processing

94 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So I had my interview in London today for my k1 visa and everything went great. I had everything ready and I got in and out in under two hours.

The only issue was I was "rejected, but not really" due to the 'no live trace' on my police certificate.

Do I have anything to worry about or are they just checking up to see what it was?

Has this happened to anyone else, if so, how long did it take for them to update the website letting you know if you were accepted/denied.

If I'm rejected, what next?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

My fiancé had the same thing happen today! The officer said I would like to approve it need to wait for email.....what does this mean? My fiancée conviction was 19 years ago for property damage!

I have no idea.

I was not even convicted, it was a caution almost 10 year ago.

They did not even say they would email me, they told me I'd have to check the embassy website, log in, and check the status of my application...

Timeline

The officer told him she would like to approve but needs to wait for an email regarding the decision

Good luck.

I will update this post if I receive an email, but was not told to expect one.

Timeline

Did the officer actually use the word rejected??

Oh yes I'll keep checking both but she did say it would be this afternoon.

Her exact words were "I'm rejecting you, but not really. You'll be accepted if everything checks out with local police department"

So I had my interview in London today for my k1 visa and everything went great. I had everything ready and I got in and out in under two hours.

The only issue was I was "rejected, but not really" due to the 'no live trace' on my police certificate.

Do I have anything to worry about or are they just checking up to see what it was?

Has this happened to anyone else, if so, how long did it take for them to update the website letting you know if you were accepted/denied.

If I'm rejected, what next?

My fiancé had the same thing happen today! The officer said I would like to approve it need to wait for email.....what does this mean? My fiancée conviction was 19 years ago for property damage!

Anybody with "no live trace" has a conviction on the records. It may have been hidden or stepped down so not "live" anymore. The US government wants to know about anything ever. Yes a caution counts. If you take a caution (in the UK) it is a guilty plea and is settled without going to court. It is not like a "warning" in the US where an officer stops you for a headlight being out and does not issue a ticket.

Anybody with "no live trace" on their police certificate should take documentation of the offense--what, when, where, fine, etc. A Subject Access Report can be ordered from ACPO which will reveal the conviction. I am not familiar with if the embassy can get the same information, but it sounds like your delay is because they will seek the information by their means since you didn't provide it.

I would suggest that both of you order a Subject Access Report before leaving the UK to have documentation. It comes up again down the road of immigration. One of the guys who had a timeline almost exactly like ours from filing I-129F to citizenship had to get something in writing about mischief he was "cautioned" for when he was a pre-teen before his citizenship was approved. If you order it now, then you have it for any future needs in the US.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

Anybody with "no live trace" has a conviction on the records. It may have been hidden or stepped down so not "live" anymore. The US government wants to know about anything ever. Yes a caution counts. If you take a caution (in the UK) it is a guilty plea and is settled without going to court. It is not like a "warning" in the US where an officer stops you for a headlight being out and does not issue a ticket.

Anybody with "no live trace" on their police certificate should take documentation of the offense--what, when, where, fine, etc. A Subject Access Report can be ordered from ACPO which will reveal the conviction. I am not familiar with if the embassy can get the same information, but it sounds like your delay is because they will seek the information by their means since you didn't provide it.

I would suggest that both of you order a Subject Access Report before leaving the UK to have documentation. It comes up again down the road of immigration. One of the guys who had a timeline almost exactly like ours from filing I-129F to citizenship had to get something in writing about mischief he was "cautioned" for when he was a pre-teen before his citizenship was approved. If you order it now, then you have it for any future needs in the US.

Thank you.

Do you have any idea if the visa will be delayed?

The interviewer said that they would be checking now and I would know this afternoon.

So I assume I would receive my passport/visa within 7 days still?

Also do you have any idea of the grounds of which they reject visas which have a no live trace?

Thank you.

Do you have any idea if the visa will be delayed?

The interviewer said that they would be checking now and I would know this afternoon.

So I assume I would receive my passport/visa within 7 days still?

Also do you have any idea of the grounds of which they reject visas which have a no live trace?

It sounds like you will have your visa soon. Whether it's five days or ten days, it always varies so no way to say for certain about delivery.

A visa can be denied for drug charges or crimes involving moral turpitude. Small issues should be fine. They just need to check it out and document what you told them about the charge.

I thought I read that for convictions in UK that report form wasn't required at interview?

If you took a SAR, then they would have the information and could have made a decision for approval on the spot. You have a short delay.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Best thing would have been to have a Subject Access Report done and obtain any documents you can get hold of from the court. The US can find out about individual cases but they are supposed to have to request them on a case by case basis. They do not have access to the PNC.

Anyone with " no live trace" would be wise to get a SAR done.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.