saqib ali

i-864 joint sponsor self employed (merged)

25 posts in this topic

hello every one

what is IRS tax schedule and if joint sponsor is self employed so how can he get that IRS Tax Schedule and also W2 ????

Are you talking about the table that shows how much income tax someone owes based on adjusted income or are you talking the basic From 1040 with all the atached schedules? I would personnally get a tax TRANSCRIPT to show what that person filed. If self employed, that person should have completed their own W-2 or 1099_MISC depending on how they are paid from their company. A tax TRANSCRIPT is what they filed with the IRS and will show the information that the USCIS requires without supporting evidence.

Good luck,

Dave

Edited by Dave&Roza

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline

hello every one

i have some questions about AOS i-864

the petitioner sponsor havnt filed tax for 3 years 2013, 2012, 2011 coz he was outside of U.S

so how to write an explaination letter......

Thanks

Need to start with why he didn't file tax - being outside US is not reason to not file taxes with IRS. Every US citizen is required to do it, regardless where he/she lives.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

****** 5 threads on the same or similar topics merged. Please do not start more than one thread on similar questions; instead, ask follow-on questions in this thread. *****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Timeline

Are you talking about the table that shows how much income tax someone owes based on adjusted income or are you talking the basic From 1040 with all the atached schedules? I would personnally get a tax TRANSCRIPT to show what that person filed. If self employed, that person should have completed their own W-2 or 1099_MISC depending on how they are paid from their company. A tax TRANSCRIPT is what they filed with the IRS and will show the information that the USCIS requires without supporting evidence.

Good luck,

Dave

i dont really know what irs tax schedule is but we have tax return transcript. we recieved chechlist in that they are asking for the irs tax schedule?

and the person owns the company so how he can issue him self a w2??

Need to start with why he didn't file tax - being outside US is not reason to not file taxes with IRS. Every US citizen is required to do it, regardless where he/she lives.

the income was zero and he was not working so how can he file tax from outside of US?

and thats why am confused how to write an explaination for that?

the income was zero and he was not working so how can he file tax from outside of US?

and thats why am confused how to write an explaination for that?

FILING a tax return is different then OWING taxes. You can file a tax return with zero income and get a refund if you qualify for any of the income tax credits. He needs to state that his income was zero and as a result was not REQUIRED by the IRS to file taxes. Go to the IRS website and look under "who must fiel taxes". Just to wanr you, there are cases where a person has zero earned income yet still is required to file a tax return based on their situation--i.e. a young child baby-sitting and making anly $600 must file per IRS rules or some one with mare than $400 of interest income to name two.

Since he was self employed, he pays himself a salary correct? He must report how each employee is paid to the IRS and complete the paperwork as part of his business taxes. There are a few choices of how to pay yoursef--i.e. salary in the form of a paycheck requiring a W-2, compensation that can be paid using the 1099_MISC form, net profit from operations, or on Schedule K-1. So he should have copies of this information that his business gave to him so he could file his personal tax return. If he is using Schedule C (net profit from operations) for the business than he does not have the W-2 or 1099_MISC. He just needs to show that his net icome was above the 125% of the poverty level for his family plus the immigrant and he will be good. Tax transcripts contain all the information needed by the USCIS so if he has those and the income is sufficient than he is okay.

Good luck,

Dave

FILING a tax return is different then OWING taxes. You can file a tax return with zero income and get a refund if you qualify for any of the income tax credits. He needs to state that his income was zero and as a result was not REQUIRED by the IRS to file taxes. Go to the IRS website and look under "who must fiel taxes". Just to wanr you, there are cases where a person has zero earned income yet still is required to file a tax return based on their situation--i.e. a young child baby-sitting and making anly $600 must file per IRS rules or some one with mare than $400 of interest income to name two.

Since he was self employed, he pays himself a salary correct? He must report how each employee is paid to the IRS and complete the paperwork as part of his business taxes. There are a few choices of how to pay yoursef--i.e. salary in the form of a paycheck requiring a W-2, compensation that can be paid using the 1099_MISC form, net profit from operations, or on Schedule K-1. So he should have copies of this information that his business gave to him so he could file his personal tax return. If he is using Schedule C (net profit from operations) for the business than he does not have the W-2 or 1099_MISC. He just needs to show that his net icome was above the 125% of the poverty level for his family plus the immigrant and he will be good. Tax transcripts contain all the information needed by the USCIS so if he has those and the income is sufficient than he is okay.

Good luck,

Dave

Thanx for ur help

and as for now the petitioner sponsor doesn't have tax transcript so now i need a writen explaination for that and i dont know the way how to write an explaination :(

can u give me an example? and on what kind of paper we should write that

Thanx for ur help

and as for now the petitioner sponsor doesn't have tax transcript so now i need a writen explaination for that and i dont know the way how to write an explaination :(

can u give me an example? and on what kind of paper we should write that

Go to the IRS website here and complete the questions. Print out the results if it states you are not required to file a tax return and include that. If it states you need to file a tax return then you will need to file one ASAP so you can get a copy of it for your USCIS file.

Dave

Edited by Dave&Roza

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.