manilaraf

Filed DCF (I-130 for IR-1) at US Embassy Manila - AAR

62 posts in this topic

Update: Emailed IV Unit-Manila last Monday requesting for the MNL Case Number. No reply all week. Refrained from emailing everyday since the notice on the Contact page of the IV Unit says not to send repeated inquiries so as to not clog the system. I figured they might have been backlogged from over the holidays.

Emailed them again yesterday. Got a reply via email this afternoon stating our MNL Case Number as well as having the Packet 3 info attached.

I'm confused. I filed the I-130 for spouse on Jan 27. I tried emailing to check status but haven't really gotten any response. Yesterday I called the extension 2224 number and they said it had been approved (already knew that) and that they had sent official notice via Philpost which (no surprise) I haven't received. I asked about the email and she said they don't send emails. Since this post is over a year old perhaps this is new policy? Did they discontinue email notifications? She gave me another number to call 9768500 for "visa processing" I think she said. Packet 3, what's that? No idea what to do next. If anyone with recent experience could help me out I would greatly appreciate it.

I'm confused. I filed the I-130 for spouse on Jan 27. I tried emailing to check status but haven't really gotten any response. Yesterday I called the extension 2224 number and they said it had been approved (already knew that) and that they had sent official notice via Philpost which (no surprise) I haven't received. I asked about the email and she said they don't send emails. Since this post is over a year old perhaps this is new policy? Did they discontinue email notifications? She gave me another number to call 9768500 for "visa processing" I think she said. Packet 3, what's that? No idea what to do next. If anyone with recent experience could help me out I would greatly appreciate it.

Hi MikeB17,

My husband filed I-130 for me and my son on 5-Feb-2016 via DCF. We received an approval email with case numbers for me and my son on 12-Feb-2016. Just one week from filing date. The email contains all the information about scheduling the interview, online DS-260 and the requirements before going to the interview. I was planning to call them that day but we have already received the email with case numbers. Until today, we have not received any mail from them. We pretty much used the approval letter to proceed to the next step. So email notification is still the policy.

- fill-up DS-260 online

- do the medical at SLEC

- schedule appointment

Our appointment for the interview is scheduled on 3-March- 2016. Hopefully, that one will be fast too and hopefully we get approved.

TIMELINE

1-May-2014 Met at The Northface100 Philippines Ultra Marathon

19-June-2014 Started dating (L)

8-Dec-2014 Got Married (L) (L)

28-Dec-2015 CRBA Interview for our Twin Daughters

18-Jan-2016 Received CRBA and US passports of our Twin daughters :dancing:

===============Filed DCF at USCIS Manila==============

5-Feb-2016 Filed I-130

12-Feb-2016 Approved I-130 with MNL case numbers for me and my son received via email

17-Feb-2016 Medical at SLEC - Positive TB skin test for my son, went for X-ray - negative - medical packet will be sent directly to US Embassy

3-Mar-2016 Scheduled Interview -- got the dreaded 221g request for additional documents (I-864 and proof of domicile)

9-Mar-2016 Sent 221g documents via 2go

11-Mar-2016 Embassy received 221g documents

14-Mar-2016 status update at ceac - AP

15-Mar-2016 status update at ceac - AP
18-Mar-2016 Status update at ceac - Ready

21-Mar-2016 Status update at ceac - Issued! :dancing:

27-Mar-2016 Immigrant Visa - CR1/CR2 Pickup Date

29-May-2016 POE - New York City (JFK)

===============Filed I-751 Removal of Conditions============

21-March-2018 - Filed I-751 - Vermont Service Center

23-March-2018 - USCIS Received package

29-March-2018 - Check Cashed

30-March-2018 - NOA1 Received (1 year extension)

13-May-2018 - Biometrics Appointment Received

23-May-2018 - Biometrics Appointment

13-August-2018 - Received 18 months extension

5-March 2019 - Moved to New Jurisdiction (Texas)

28-June 2019 - I-751 Approval

12-July-2019 - Received Green Card

==============Filed N-400=========================

13-July-2019 - Applied for N-400 online

16-July-2019 - Received Biometrics Appointment

30-July-2019 - Biometrics Appointment

25-Nov-2019 - N400 Interview

09-Jan-2020 - Oath Taking

Hi MikeB17,

My husband filed I-130 for me and my son on 5-Feb-2016 via DCF. We received an approval email with case numbers for me and my son on 12-Feb-2016. Just one week from filing date. The email contains all the information about scheduling the interview, online DS-260 and the requirements before going to the interview. I was planning to call them that day but we have already received the email with case numbers. Until today, we have not received any mail from them. We pretty much used the approval letter to proceed to the next step. So email notification is still the policy.

- fill-up DS-260 online

- do the medical at SLEC

- schedule appointment

Our appointment for the interview is scheduled on 3-March- 2016. Hopefully, that one will be fast too and hopefully we get approved.

Thanks for the reply. Well, there was a slight delay in our case because they needed an additional document but it was approved. I also neglected to ask for a case # when I called. I'll call again tomorrow, I think the person I talked to got it wrong. Thanks again.

I called the 301-2000 extension 2224 number and they once again told me that the I-130 had been approved and they sent me an approval email. They gave me a number - 9768500 but that dept is for "Scheduling Interview" and they had no record of us. The approval email says that USCIS forwarded the approved petition to the Consular Section at the US Embassy at Manila. The Consular Section will contact the applicant. How and when is unclear. It seems to have fallen down the rabbit hole. If anyone has any advice or phone numbers it would be appreciated.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I called the 301-2000 extension 2224 number and they once again told me that the I-130 had been approved and they sent me an approval email. They gave me a number - 9768500 but that dept is for "Scheduling Interview" and they had no record of us. The approval email says that USCIS forwarded the approved petition to the Consular Section at the US Embassy at Manila. The Consular Section will contact the applicant. How and when is unclear. It seems to have fallen down the rabbit hole. If anyone has any advice or phone numbers it would be appreciated.

Did you get your MNL # yet?

The 9768500 is the scheduling phone number for immigrant visas, so that is the right number. May just need to wait for the file to move across the hall

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

No, I don't have a case #. Does that come by email or philpost?

I would hope by email.... Philpost is too scary to think about.

I will make contact with someone to get some details. Hopefully have info for you later.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Ok, I found the emails from IVMNL, Appointments in the SPAM folders of both my wife's and my email. We both received them Feb 17th. I use Outlook 2010 which doesn't have Spam folders, it has Junk folders and they weren't there. I saw them when I opened my email in the web browser. If anyone is looking for these <sort of> important emails CHECK SPAM FOLDER. Especially if you have gmail. It looks like I'm good to go, many thanks for the help!

Timeline

Ok, I found the emails from IVMNL, Appointments in the SPAM folders of both my wife's and my email. We both received them Feb 17th. I use Outlook 2010 which doesn't have Spam folders, it has Junk folders and they weren't there. I saw them when I opened my email in the web browser. If anyone is looking for these <sort of> important emails CHECK SPAM FOLDER. Especially if you have gmail. It looks like I'm good to go, many thanks for the help!

Great to hear!

I should have thought to mention the SPAM folders, embassy emails end up there all the time... old timers :unsure::lol:

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• 1 month later...

Just some updates.

Wife had her medical at SLEC on the 24th & 25th. (Tuesday & yesterday).

Arrived at 6am. Out by 1030 the first day. Prepared all her paperworks for her ahead of time (SLEC Online Reg, DS-260-just in case, Interview Appointment Confirmation, NOA3-just in case, Passport, 2x2s, etc). Stupid guard was asking for the NVC letter, and in straight Tagalog I'm explaining to him the DCF process and I showed him the Appointment confirmation & NOA-3, so apparently to stop me badgering him, he let the wife in.

2nd day, arrived at the appointed time of 9am for vaccines (Thank God). Wife got the Do Not Open Envelope, CXR CD, Vaccine paperwork at 530pm. I know it won't probably do any good, but once we get done with this I'm writing my US Senators, Congressional Rep, the Ambassador, the DCM, and the Medical Director of St Luke's (I've actually met him in the course of my work a few times) about the inordinate amount of waiting time for what's an obviously healthy checkup.

Anyways, that's done at least. Interview is schedule for late next week.

Some of these acronyms are confusing the hell out of me. My wife is taking the medical at SLEC week after next.

This is what I have:

Appointment confirmation page for interview w/barcode (all pages)

SLEC registration page

DS-260 confirmation page w/barcode (aka Immigrant Visa and Registration Application Confirmation)

Email from IVMNL Appointments with MNL case # information

Copy of info page of her passport

Her passport

Four 2x2 passport photos

Is there anything ANYTHING else they are going to need for the medical? Coming from Cebu and really don't want to waste a trip, especially this close to election. I don't think the person to whom I'm replying is posting anymore so any info from anyone who has been through this is appreciated. Especially recently. Thanks.

Timeline

Some of these acronyms are confusing the hell out of me. My wife is taking the medical at SLEC week after next.

This is what I have:

Appointment confirmation page for interview w/barcode (all pages)

SLEC registration page

DS-260 confirmation page w/barcode (aka Immigrant Visa and Registration Application Confirmation)

Email from IVMNL Appointments with MNL case # information

Copy of info page of her passport

Her passport

Four 2x2 passport photos

Is there anything ANYTHING else they are going to need for the medical? Coming from Cebu and really don't want to waste a trip, especially this close to election. I don't think the person to whom I'm replying is posting anymore so any info from anyone who has been through this is appreciated. Especially recently. Thanks.

Money!! ;)

http://www.slec.ph/us-visa-applicants.shtml#required-docs

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Thanks for the link, I had already read that. I assume I'm the "Derivative". I'll bring copies galore, they certainly love their paper. Looks like I'm covered (at least on paper ;-)

Are spouses (Derivatives) allowed inside?

Timeline

Thanks for the link, I had already read that. I assume I'm the "Derivative". I'll bring copies galore, they certainly love their paper. Looks like I'm covered (at least on paper ;-)

Are spouses (Derivatives) allowed inside?

Derivates are children. Spouses are not allowed inside SLEC

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Derivatives (in this context) are children, good to know. And I won't be allowed in. But I assume I can accompany her to the door and argue with the guard if necessary (as @manilaraf did). Appreciate the info.

Edited by MikeB17

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.