manilaraf

Filed DCF (I-130 for IR-1) at US Embassy Manila - AAR

62 posts in this topic

You failed to notice/post the rest of that line:

"Dec 11, 2014 - NOA1: Not sure what to put here, Dec 11, 2014, Dec 24, 2014 or something in between."

Meaning, that I filed on the 11th and later found that our I-130 was approved on the 24th.

"Ad Astra Per Aspera"

"Audentes Fortuna Adiuvat"

==========

Dec 11, 2014 - Filed I-130 via DCF @ US Embassy Manila (...and we're on the clock...) - Read about my experience filing DCF here > http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/527064-filed-dcf-i-130-for-ir-1-at-us-embassy-manila-aar/

Dec 11, 2014 - NOA1: Not sure what to put here, Dec 11, 2014, Dec 24, 2014 or something in between.

Dec 24, 2014 - NOA2: I called USCIS @ USEM on Jan 5, 2015 and was told the I-130 was approved on Christmas Eve. Thank you Santa!

Jan 13, 2015 - MNL Case Number & Packet 3 Received via email (I emailed the IV Unit-Manila requesting these on Jan 5, 2015 and Jan 12, 2015)

Jan 21, 2015 - NOA2: Mailed (via PhilPost!) paper/hard copy delivered to our place here in Manila.

Jan 22, 2015 - Packet 3: Mailed (again via PhilPost!) paper/hard copy delivered to out place here in Manila.

Feb 24 & 25, 2015 - Day 1 & Day 2 of Medical @ SLEC. Immunizations given on Day 2, thankfully

Mar 5, 2015 - USEM Interview Appointment - IR-1 Visa Approved! (CEAC Status updated to ISSUED afternoon of interview day)

Mar 10, 2015 - 3pm - Received SMS saying IV Package ready for pickup at 2GO MoA. Picked up at 5pm. (Shipped/Picked Up/In Hand on 3rd Business Day post interview)

Mar 13, 2015 - CFO Manila - Done

==========

Now disposing/selling/giving away/shipping to the US stuff from 14 years in the PHL and 4 years together before heading to POE.

You failed to notice/post the rest of that line:

"Dec 11, 2014 - NOA1: Not sure what to put here, Dec 11, 2014, Dec 24, 2014 or something in between."

Meaning, that I filed on the 11th and later found that our I-130 was approved on the 24th.

Thanks! 13 days for I-130 approval, wow that's fast! They told me it could take 30 to 60 days...

Mar 12, 2015 - Filed I-130 via DCF @ US Embassy Manila thru Embassy Outreach visit

Thanks! 13 days for I-130 approval, wow that's fast! They told me it could take 30 to 60 days...

We applied on the 11th of Feb and another couple applied on the 3rd of Feb. We both received our email with Packet 3 on the same day... March 2nd, perhaps they group the approvals together each month and notify all approvals at the same time. Or maybe not, could be the person that is working your paticular case.

Edited by dvdm

DCF filed Feb. 11th,, Packet 3 received March 2nd, My wife worked as OFW in Hong Kong, so we sent the required documents for the police clearance. On the Hong Kong website it says that they will notify the Embassy with the results. My question is how do we know when to schedule the Physical and make the appointment for interview.... can anyone relay there experience with this? thanks

We applied on the 11th of Feb and another couple applied on the 3rd of Feb. We both received our email with Packet 3 on the same day... March 2nd, perhaps they group the approvals together each month and notify all approvals at the same time. Or maybe not, could be the person that is working your paticular case.

Actually, you guys should have been calling USCIS Manila for case updates about a week to two weeks about your case instead of waiting for the packet 3 email. From my experience, I gather that I probably would have gotten the Packet 3 email later than I did. And I believe I've read of cases where people had their I-130 approved even quicker.

"Ad Astra Per Aspera"

==========

Dec 11, 2014 - Filed I-130 via DCF @ US Embassy Manila (...and we're on the clock...) - Read about my experience filing DCF here > http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/527064-filed-dcf-i-130-for-ir-1-at-us-embassy-manila-aar/

Dec 11, 2014 - NOA1: Not sure what to put here, Dec 11, 2014, Dec 24, 2014 or something in between.

Dec 24, 2014 - NOA2: I called USCIS @ USEM on Jan 5, 2015 and was told the I-130 was approved on Christmas Eve. Thank you Santa!

Jan 13, 2015 - MNL Case Number & Packet 3 Received via email (I emailed the IV Unit-Manila requesting these on Jan 5, 2015 and Jan 12, 2015)

Jan 21, 2015 - NOA2: Mailed (via PhilPost!) paper/hard copy delivered to our place here in Manila.

Jan 22, 2015 - Packet 3: Mailed (again via PhilPost!) paper/hard copy delivered to out place here in Manila.

Feb 24 & 25, 2015 - Day 1 & Day 2 of Medical @ SLEC. Immunizations given on Day 2, thankfully

Mar 5, 2015 - USEM Interview Appointment - IR-1 Visa Approved! (CEAC Status updated to ISSUED afternoon of interview day)

Mar 10, 2015 - 3pm - Received SMS saying IV Package ready for pickup at 2GO MoA. Picked up at 5pm. (Shipped/Picked Up/In Hand on 3rd Business Day post interview)

==========

Now disposing/selling/giving away/shipping to the US stuff from 14 years in the PHL and 4 years together before heading to POE.

Update: Finished with CFO yesterday.

Got all the requirements from Hank_'s signature list.

Had a 9am appointment.

Got there at about 630am. Dropped the wife off while I went off to park in a better/trusted location. Hiked over and waited for her.

Met an American from CDO named George and a Danish man waiting for their significant others to get thru CFO too.

Was expecting to have the wife take a cab since I've read reviews and blogs saying that you'd finish up past 1pm. But luckily wife's seminar finished close to 11am and was able to pick her up and go home at about noon.

Wife said that she got some good information from the session, asked some good questions (like I told her to) and when the counselor asked her and found out that we're both MDs and we met at UST, she basically had no more questions for the wife.

"Ad Astra Per Aspera"

==========

==========

• 9 months later...

Some great information here, thanks. I plan to do the initial filing in Manila in a few weeks. I've lived in the Philippines 5 years, been permanent resident about 3. I have the I-130, the G-325a(s) for spouse and myself, I think I have the required docs and wedding photos. When does the Financial Capacity form (I-864) come into play? Should that be filed with the initial I-130 or later? Also our CENOMARs are about 4 years old, before we were wed. Does this have to redone? Also NBI clearances are old, new ones required? Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Can anyone tell me what form of payment is taken for the initial I-130 filing. Pesos, USD, credit cards, etc. Thanks.

Fee Payment Information

The fees for all applications and petitions submitted to this office must be paid to the U.S. Embassy cashier with either a credit card (Visa, MasterCard American Express or Diner’s Club); cash with U.S. dollars or Philippine pesos; U.S. Postal Money Order in the exact amount; or traveler's check (at least 60 percent must be paid in traveler's checks to receive change in U.S. dollars or Philippine pesos).

http://manila.usembassy.gov/offices-agencies/us-citizenship-immigration-services.html

http://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-uscis-office/international-offices/philippines-uscis-manila-field-office

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• 5 weeks later...

Big Update: We got approved!

Spent the last day making sure all our stuff was ready for the interview. Multiple copies of everything, just in case.

Wasn't able to sleep well or much at all last night. Woke up at 330am, left the house in Manila at about 430, got to Roxas Blvd at 5, camped out in our car until about 530. Lined up for our 630am interview time.

Having seen the lines outside when I filed DCF, I knew what to expect.

Step 1, Info confirmation & Biometrics, went quick. Step 2, prescreening took about 15-20min as the prescreener asked for our documents and sent me up to the cashier to pay for the visa fee (DCF filers pay at interview time), was easy as she asked us questions that were easy to answer, although some brought up arguments between the wife ("When did you guys first meet and get together?") which left the prescreener chuckling.

Step 3, oath taking was simple although it took a bit of a wait.

Step 4, interview went by quick. All she asked were about our jobs (MDs), our plans when we get to NY, asked for evidence about me maintaining a NY Domicile (NY Driver License, open Bank and Credit Card Accounts, Absentee Ballot Stubs, Jury Duty service confirmation, Obamacare registration, etc). After that, she handed over the domestic violence pamphlet and I knew we were home free.

I just checked the CEAC status and it already says "Issued".

Awesome. Thanks for all the help folks. Onto 2Go and CFO

Big Update: We got approved!

Spent the last day making sure all our stuff was ready for the interview. Multiple copies of everything, just in case.

Wasn't able to sleep well or much at all last night. Woke up at 330am, left the house in Manila at about 430, got to Roxas Blvd at 5, camped out in our car until about 530. Lined up for our 630am interview time.

Having seen the lines outside when I filed DCF, I knew what to expect.

Step 1, Info confirmation & Biometrics, went quick. Step 2, prescreening took about 15-20min as the prescreener asked for our documents and sent me up to the cashier to pay for the visa fee (DCF filers pay at interview time), was easy as she asked us questions that were easy to answer, although some brought up arguments between the wife ("When did you guys first meet and get together?") which left the prescreener chuckling.

Step 3, oath taking was simple although it took a bit of a wait.

Step 4, interview went by quick. All she asked were about our jobs (MDs), our plans when we get to NY, asked for evidence about me maintaining a NY Domicile (NY Driver License, open Bank and Credit Card Accounts, Absentee Ballot Stubs, Jury Duty service confirmation, Obamacare registration, etc). After that, she handed over the domestic violence pamphlet and I knew we were home free.

I just checked the CEAC status and it already says "Issued".

Awesome. Thanks for all the help folks. Onto 2Go and CFO

Hi Manilaraf,

Your post has been most helpful. Thank you for actively taking the time to share your experience. I'm currently in the process of filing for my husband. Submitted our I130 last month DCF at Mnl embassy and still waiting for approval. Was wondering about the docs you prepared for the second phase of the process (after I130 approval). My brother and I are both US citizens (dual); I reside here in the Philippines with my husband and my younger brother just started work in Miami a few months ago and has only started filing taxes for half of 2015 (be it his first job).

My income from online freelancing doesn't meet the poverty guidelines and hasn't been declared to BIR nor IRS, but I have proof of my earnings (bank statements, etc.) Additionally, we own a small family corporation, and real estate here in the Philippines (but is under my parents' names).

I'm trying to sponsor my husband while my brother will be sponsoring my parents.

1. How are family assets computed to cover what we cannot with our income?

2. What documents should I bring to prove financial capacity to sponsor both hubby and parents?

Edited by Hapitots05

My experience filing the I-130 last month was a bit different than the OP's but the basic facts are the same so I'll leave it at that. The one suggestion I have is to wear a watch. I knew the phone would not be going inside so I left it in the hotel safe and I haven't worn a watch for a few years so I didn't bring one. I didn't see one single clock anywhere inside, at least in the public areas, which is kind of unusual for a govt building. Waiting for windows to open not knowing the time and having a flight to catch added a bit of unnecessary and unneeded stress.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.