Fischkoepfin

Update: RFE before DS-230

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

I posted in the old forum that we had received an RFE before receiving our DS-230. Well, it turns out they had reviewed our I-864 and were ready to move to the last document even though they hadn't generated it yet.

The RFE contains the DS-230 as well as a request for a birth certificate for our co-sponsor. Otherwise, the I-864 seems to be ok. It also states that we need to send back all documents requested using the cover sheet of the RFE which is truly awesome because the DS-230 is still not generated and this allows us to save more time.

Just thought I'd post this update since several of you have received a similar request.

Permanent Green Card Holder since 2006, considering citizenship application in the future.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I wouldnt worry about it too much. It all depends at the NVC how fast they complete your case I had a RFE for my DS-230 and I was amazed that from the time they had recieved it only took two days to complete the case!!! Sometimes even after you know what you did wrong you can self generate the coversheet and just sent it that way. I didnt know could do it for RFEs but it saved me time a their barcode sheet took about three weeks to get to me!

So you get the "missing or incomplete" message when they are waiting for the DS-230??......cos i got the DS-230 in the mail yesterday & also got that message on the phone when i called!! :huh:

Amanda-England (Yorkshire)- Mark-USA(Michigan)

April/04/2005- Visa journey began!!

We did both K3 & CR1 visa's, got both!!- I returned to England for my CR1 interview after first arriving on a K3 visa!!

May/25th 2006- Green card arrives in the mail................YAY!!

19th June 2006 I Had to go to the Social Security Office to get my number, the DS-230 didnt work for me!!

26-June-2006- Social Security# arrived in the mail....YAY!!

Feb 2008 lift conditions <<<reminder to self!!<<<< went to England for a visit instead, no rush right, 90 days is a long time,LOL

Removing Conditions Begins

Mailed I-751 April 12th 2008

signed for @ NSC April 16th

NOA date April 16th

Conditional GC expired May 5th 2008

Biometrics Detroit May 10th 2008

10 year Green card ordered August 20th 2008

Citizenship any time from feb 2009

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline
So you get the "missing or incomplete" message when they are waiting for the DS-230??......cos i got the DS-230 in the mail yesterday & also got that message on the phone when i called!! :huh:

It could be something to do with the I-864. I called the automated line and got that message and then called back and talked with the operator and she told me what we were missing over the phone. Give the NVC a call!

It could be something to do with the I-864. I called the automated line and got that message and then called back and talked with the operator and she told me what we were missing over the phone. Give the NVC a call!

ok thanks, .............thats what sanc told me to do, he is always right :whistle:

Amanda-England (Yorkshire)- Mark-USA(Michigan)

April/04/2005- Visa journey began!!

We did both K3 & CR1 visa's, got both!!- I returned to England for my CR1 interview after first arriving on a K3 visa!!

May/25th 2006- Green card arrives in the mail................YAY!!

19th June 2006 I Had to go to the Social Security Office to get my number, the DS-230 didnt work for me!!

26-June-2006- Social Security# arrived in the mail....YAY!!

Feb 2008 lift conditions <<<reminder to self!!<<<< went to England for a visit instead, no rush right, 90 days is a long time,LOL

Removing Conditions Begins

Mailed I-751 April 12th 2008

signed for @ NSC April 16th

NOA date April 16th

Conditional GC expired May 5th 2008

Biometrics Detroit May 10th 2008

10 year Green card ordered August 20th 2008

Citizenship any time from feb 2009

• 4 years later...

hi hey i send my ds-230 on 2nd june and acooridng to AVR they received it on june 11th and by mistake i send notrize copy of marriage and birth certificate,than i released i need to send original and than i send original and according to fedex nvc recieved it on 14th june,i hope i dont get RFE now and hope that my case is complete at nvc next week.any sugestion.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Yup - expect a checklist response via email or postal - as these docs were NOT sent in with the DS-230.

Sure - the 2nd mailing will catch up with the casefile, eventually. But in the interim, you'll get dinged with a checklist response.

And that's OK.

After you get checklist response, wait a week, call NVC, ask them to look for the documents on the 2nd 'shipment'.

You'd have to have identifying stuff IN the coverletter, as well - hopefully you referenced the Embassy Casefile # in that coverletter?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.