maghfira

volunteer background check

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: France
Timeline

Hi everybody,i have a simple question, how long time does it take volunteer background check, my sister she wanted to volunteer they asked her to make a criminal check, she made it, it's almost 1 month now and she still did not hear anything! is this normal? It's really take that much time to be notified about the result? Thanks for help

It took couple of days before my volunteering position and before my actual job. Why wont she call thrm to follow up?

It is not where I breathe but where I love that I live.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Depends on how much detail they go into I suppose- a background check for working with vulnerable adults is going to take longer than one to clean kennels at the animal shelter. I volunteer at my daughter's school for field trips (including taking kids in my own car without another adult present), I had to fill in an online form and the school informed me I was approved 2 days later. I know they do an FBI and DMV check, not sure what else.

I suspect the delay is more in the part of the charity your sister volunteers for, that they have not sent it off either because they are too busy, have no money to pay for the background check, or forgot. Or there is a chance they tried to contact her for additional info, and couldn't reach her. Have her call them and ask.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Country: France
Timeline

Thanks everybody, she just told me that the person who takes her fingerprint in the volunteer department where she did her background check told her waiting time from 2 weeks to 1 month. And the director of the place where she wanted to volunteer in told her before , he will contact her when he will receive the result from them , who she can contact ? The place where she did the volunteer background check? Or the potential place to volunteer in? She lost too much time just to get opportunity to volunteer this is weird for me .please help

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

It seems you have nothing to worry about. You said it has not been a month yet, and the boss said up to a month, plus there is Thanksgiving in there. I would not follow up till after Christmas, you don;t want to seem pushy, plus they are unlikely to have time to train a new volunteer over the holidays.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.