jamisteven

G325A - Ok to put a line through something that was mistyped?

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hello all, I have searched and havent found an answer to this. I have put my entire package together per the instructions and other information here and am doing my 3rd round of checking before sending it out and realized that my girlfriend made two mistakes on her typed G325A and am wondering if this is a big deal or not?

Mistakes on G325A as follows:

1. In the "Family Name" section she put that her Mother lives in Switzerland when she really lives in Germany, can I put a line through this and write the correct country beside it? Im trying to avoid her having to re-print this, sign it, and send it over to me from Germany

2. In the "Applicants last address outside the US" section, she wrote the address where she lived here in the US when she was studying on a student Visa, when in fact this should have been left blank. Am I good to draw a line through this as well?

Thanks in advance.

-Jami

I'd redo it and print it out and sign. It takes less than 1 week to mail it to you.

I know you are trying to save some time. But if later you receive a RFE because of that, It will delay the process much much longer.

K1 VISA

06/14/2014 I-129F sent       06/16/2014 Noa1         10/14/2014 Noa2        11/07/2014 Package3         12/08/2014 embassy interview / approved!!        12/10/2014 Visa in hand

AOS

12/31/2014 I-485/I-765/I-131 sent        01/06/2015 Noa1        01/30/2015 Biometrics        02/27/2015 AP&EAD approved       07/20/2015 interview(approved on the spot!)

ROC

4/26/2017 I-751 sent        5/12/2017 Noa1       10/15/2018 interview (combo)

Citizenship

4/22/2018 N-400 sent      4/23/2018 Noa1        10/15/2018 interview (combo)+Oath ceremony! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

You can't edit a document that she's already signed. You can either submit it as-is and then have her take a corrected copy to the interview, or redo the form and have her send you a new signed one and then submit it with the I-129F.

Timeline

I'd redo it and print it out and sign. It takes less than 1 week to mail it to you.

I know you are trying to save some time. But if later you receive a RFE because of that, It will delay the process much much longer.

Gotcha, thanks.

You can't edit a document that she's already signed. You can either submit it as-is and then have her take a corrected copy to the interview, or redo the form and have her send you a new signed one and then submit it with the I-129F.

Good info as well, think im just going to have her redo it and send it over. The problem is we have a wedding to go to in California in May, and were hoping to have this approved by then because from what I understand she isnt aloud in the country while this process is taking place.

Timeline

By May? That's a very unrealistic expectation.

On the other hand, it's not necessarily true that she can't come visit. See the stickied thread at the top of this forum for more information.

Really? Ive been reading average time is 6 months, and that they are processed way fast around the holidays as there are less packages submitted around that time.

Timeline

Six months is just for the I-129F petition. There are additional steps to complete before your fiancée receives her visa.

Anything you read about speeding up or slowing down during the holidays is pure speculation. Even if that were true, your petition would be in line far behind the ones that would get processed over the holidays and thus would not be processed much faster anyway.

Timeline

Six months is just for the I-129F petition. There are additional steps to complete before your fiancée receives her visa.

Anything you read about speeding up or slowing down during the holidays is pure speculation. Even if that were true, your petition would be in line far behind the ones that would get processed over the holidays and thus would not be processed much faster anyway.

Fantastic. (sarcasm). Much appreciate the information though, this process is pretty nuts. On the bright side I think if everyone had to do this to get married there would be a lot less divorce.

Timeline

That's not always true.. we received our Noa2 in 29 days and took us 104 days total. Someone else just said they received their Noa2 in 22 days...so some have and still are moving along quickly.

This is good news!!

Also, im not so sure about the g235a issue in my question above, as this thread below states that the g325a does NOT need to be signed and it is not a requirement, as this can be done at the interview. Might just do that and send a letter along with it stating why it is not signed.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/220499-k-1-petition-information/

Timeline

That's not always true.. we received our Noa2 in 29 days and took us 104 days total. Someone else just said they received their Noa2 in 22 days...so some have and still are moving along quickly.

You were at CSC, the OP will be at TSC. Two completely different ballgames.

This is good news!!

Also, im not so sure about the g235a issue in my question above, as this thread below states that the g325a does NOT need to be signed and it is not a requirement, as this can be done at the interview. Might just do that and send a letter along with it stating why it is not signed.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/220499-k-1-petition-information/

That thread is over five years old. Some adjudicators might let you get by with an unsigned G-325A, but it is far from certain. Do you really want to risk delaying your case by at least a few weeks because of a form missing a signature?

Timeline

You were at CSC, the OP will be at TSC. Two completely different ballgames.

That thread is over five years old. Some adjudicators might let you get by with an unsigned G-325A, but it is far from certain. Do you really want to risk delaying your case by at least a few weeks because of a form missing a signature?

No of course not, but thats either the rule or its not, which is it?

Also, what is CSC and TSC?

Timeline

It's a rule that some employees are unaware of and so this leads to inconsistencies in how unsigned 325A forms are handled. If you want to take that chance, then be my guest, but know that there's some risk of delay involved.

CSC and TSC are two different service centers that process I-129F petitions. Yours will get sent to TSC, the slow one, by virtue of you living in Tennessee.

Timeline

It's a rule that some employees are unaware of and so this leads to inconsistencies in how unsigned 325A forms are handled. If you want to take that chance, then be my guest, but know that there's some risk of delay involved.

CSC and TSC are two different service centers that process I-129F petitions. Yours will get sent to TSC, the slow one, by virtue of you living in Tennessee.

Gotcha, thanks for the information.

• 2 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.