jc1

No NVC or embassy letter after a month

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
We are K1. Our case left the NVC on 11/12. My fiancee has not received the letter from the NVC or the embassy yet. Hank's site mentions an NVC email. I called the NVC and they said they don't normally send an email, but they will send one but it is not equivalent to the letter. She got that email.

My question: Can she get through the medical and interview with a copy of *MY* NVC letter plus the email she received? Will that be enough?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We are K1. Our case left the NVC on 11/12. My fiancee has not received the letter from the NVC or the embassy yet. Hank's site mentions an NVC email. I called the NVC and they said they don't normally send an email, but they will send one but it is not equivalent to the letter. She got that email.

My question: Can she get through the medical and interview with a copy of *MY* NVC letter plus the email she received? Will that be enough?

Yes, copies of your NVC letter with MNL is all she needs. My fiancée did not receive anything directly from NVC.

Fiancée did receive a letter from the USEM, but we found it no different than the USEM letter that's online and at Hank's link.

Edited by luckytwo15

For her medical, she can use the NVC email OR the interview appointment confirmation email. If you ever sent an inquiry email to NVC about your case, they will only respond once her case processing is complete. NVC only responds, not send initial emails.

Don't wait for a letter from USEM, you never know if they will ever arrive. I've been here in the States for almost a year now, and until now, I haven't gotten a letter from the embassy.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes you can use that.

Normally to get an email from NVC with the MNL # you have to email them requesting this information (with the required information included) before they will reply.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

do you foresee any medical issues, like TB? if no,

then suggest take the MNL #, go pay the visa fee, then attempt to self-schedule at ustraveldocs.com/ph

once the appointment is set, the appointment letter is available for download, printing, and emailing - just print it out, use that for the medical.

sure, it means some other running around, to pay stuff and chase after an interview date, but I suggest you never, ever rely on that NVC email thingie.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.