mel_cbd

RFE without interview????

14 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hi guys, :thumbs:

My lawyer also sent out our package in middle of July, first biometric for form I485 was scheduled on 09/29/2014 and the second biometric for I765 was on11/19/2014, everything went smoothly till 10/24/2014 my wife's grandma returned the letter of notice from USCIS by mistake. :cry: . USCIS usually send 2 copies, one to petitioner and one to legal representative, but the law office did not receive any mail, they have no clue what kind of letter was that so the law office called in, inquired about a notice that we did not receive on 11/05/2014 and told us to be patient. I was checking my mail box every single day, but nothing was sent to our house, then I decided to call customer services on 11/22/2014 ( should listing all the dates and details so people would have an idea whats happening to my case :D) I talked to a lady and she said every inquiry will take 30 days to be processed, I should call back if nothing update on 12/05/2014 , then I had 2 request because she put a RFE on my case status. :blink: I was just asking about my case, did not inquiry about RFE. :mellow:

USCIS just sent me an email today saying RFE notice was mailed, they suspended processing my case. I'm so confusing right now. We haven't had an interview yet, why would they need more evidences? Is that the notice letter that missing on 10/24? You can see in the picture the lawyer's inquiry on 11/05 still not processed.

Request for Initial Evidence Notice Was Mailed

On December 5, 2014, we suspended processing of your case, Receipt Number MSCXXXXXXXX, because we need more information from you. Your notice explains what we need from you to resume work on your case. We will not take action on your case until we receive the evidence or the deadline to submit it expires. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your request for initial evidence notice by January 4, 2015, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

I attached my case status picture below.

Thanks for your sharing, We really appreciate your help :)

post-198243-0-39285800-1417880393_thumb.png

Timeline

It's difficult to know the answer to your question. You need to wait for the RFE and see what it says.

Thanks Owen, Im still waiting for the mail. Weirdest thing is we never have the interview before.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline

Thanks Owen, Im still waiting for the mail. Weirdest thing is we never have the interview before.

Why do you think you should have had an interview prior to RFEs ? Most RFEs are issued before interviews.

Timeline

Why do you think you should have had an interview prior to RFEs ? Most RFEs are issued before interviews.

@kzielu: Because my lawyer told us there will be an interview after biometric, the paperworks are fine :), anw, I dont know if RFE was the notice letter returned on 10/24/2014? Does RFE cause any delay for my case and my EAD?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline

@kzielu: Because my lawyer told us there will be an interview after biometric, the paperworks are fine :), anw, I dont know if RFE was the notice letter returned on 10/24/2014? Does RFE cause any delay for my case and my EAD?

Well, interview typically is after biometrics unless there is an RFE. Fact that they sent you one means paperwork is not OK, also RFE stops your EAD processing.

Timeline

Well, interview typically is after biometrics unless there is an RFE. Fact that they sent you one means paperwork is not OK, also RFE stops your EAD processing.

:( Do you know how long for USCIS get back to the case after we fulfill the RFE?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, i got the exact same notice on my uscis status on Dec. 24th 2014.

We (my USC) husband and i filed on November 17th 2014i-130 and i-485 concurrently,

all was well, even had my biometrics done 2 weeks ago, then i saw my status.

I am very anxious to get the letter so i can respond and get the ball rolling again.

According to facts, RFEs are not uncommon, maybe its something missing

from when the papers were filed, ps, i know that i am late, hope all has been rectified (L)

I'm in almost exactly the same situation, had the notice online mentioning RFE but haven't seen it yet. Did biometrics on new years eve, and RFE on 24th or 25th.

Interested to see reasons for others and impacts on timelines. It's driving me crazy sitting at home doing nothing but watch TV all day. Can't wait to getting back to being a productive member of society.

AOS on VWP:

2014-11-14 (Day 00) Filed for AOS, EAD and AP
2014-11-17 (Day 03) Status Expired / AOS, EAD and AP Received
2014-11-19 (Day 05) Rejection Notice as two pages misplaced by DHS in I-130
2014-11-21 (Day 07) Resubmitted Application
2014-11-28 (Day 14) Resubmitted Application for AOS, EAD and AP Received
2014-12-03 (Day 19) NOA for AOS, EAD and AP (I-131 was sent to wrong address)
2014-12-12 (Day 28) NOA confirming biometrics appointment (I never received this, only attorney did - presume lost in mail)
2014-12-20 (Day 36) Request for Initial Evidence for I-485
2014-12-31 (Day 47) Biometrics Appointment
2015-01-04 (Day 53) Replied to Request for Initial Evidence for I-485
2015-01-30 (Day 77) Offered a Job, submitted request to expedite EAD and AP, infopass meeting scheduled Feb 11
2015-02-10 (Day 88) EAD Approved online.
2015-05-29 (Day 196) Green Card Interview - APPROVED!
2015-06-05 (Day 203) Green Card Arrived

Removal of Conditions:

2017-03-07 (Day 00)  I-751 Package Mailed (CSC)
2017-03-09 (Day 02) I-751 Package delivered (CSC)
2017-03-13 (Day 06)  Checks cashed
2017-03-13 (Day 06) NOA Received 
2017-XX-XX (Day XX) Biometrics Letter 

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

Hey guys,

I have a chance to update my case now :), the RFE was asking for my birth certificate. I submitted the required paper then the EAD was sent to our mailbox. The attorney actually filed our case in August, our field office is in Houston, TX. My friend in Dallas just got approved last week and he filed the case in May, so do you think I have to wait a couple months for my interview?

Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received On January 12, 2015, we received your response to our Request for Evidence for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSCxxxx. Our National Benefits Center office will begin working on your case again. We will mail you a decision or notify you if we need something from you. You should receive a decision or case update by March 13, 2015, unless fingerprinting or an interview are needed. If you move, go towww.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.
Case History
  • 01/26/2015
    sign_icon.png

On January 26, 2015, your inquiry about a Request For Evidence that you did not receive, referral number SRxxxxHOU, was completed.

• 01/26/2015
    sign_icon.png

On January 26, 2015, we sent a response to your inquiry about a Request For Evidence that you did not receive, referral number SRxxxxxxHOU.

• 01/26/2015
    sign_icon.png

On January 26, 2015, your inquiry about a Request For Evidence that you did not receive, referral number SRxxxxxHOU, was assigned to an officer for response.

Timeline

Hey guys,

I have a chance to update my case now :), the RFE was asking for my birth certificate. I submitted the required paper then the EAD was sent to our mailbox. The attorney actually filed our case in August, our field office is in Houston, TX. My friend in Dallas just got approved last week and he filed the case in May, so do you think I have to wait a couple months for my interview?

Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received On January 12, 2015, we received your response to our Request for Evidence for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSCxxxx. Our National Benefits Center office will begin working on your case again. We will mail you a decision or notify you if we need something from you. You should receive a decision or case update by March 13, 2015, unless fingerprinting or an interview are needed. If you move, go towww.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.
Case History
  • 01/26/2015
    sign_icon.png

On January 26, 2015, your inquiry about a Request For Evidence that you did not receive, referral number SRxxxxHOU, was completed.

• 01/26/2015
    sign_icon.png

On January 26, 2015, we sent a response to your inquiry about a Request For Evidence that you did not receive, referral number SRxxxxxxHOU.

• 01/26/2015
    sign_icon.png

On January 26, 2015, your inquiry about a Request For Evidence that you did not receive, referral number SRxxxxxHOU, was assigned to an officer for response.

Check my timeline for an example of AOS through Houston. If my case is representative, then things are moving fairly quickly right now.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.