5 posts in this topic

Hello, I just created an account today and havent read much about discussions here. I have a scheduled flight to the Philippines for a 3 weeks vacay first quarter of 2015. And this will cover the exact date of the expiration of my PR card. However, we plan of course to file for the removal of conditions during 90 days before its expiration. I would like to know if I can travel to my home country. Thanks for the info you will share.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

Yes, once you receive your NOA1, which acts as a one-year extension for your green card, you can travel. Just bring the extension letter and your 2 year expiring green card with you.

You will also receive a letter for a biometrics appointment. Make sure you don't miss your appointment, maybe you can have someone you trust check your mailbox for you.

Day 0 - 2 May 2012 Mailed AOS package overnight delivery
Day 139 - 17 September 2012 Interview & APPROVED on the Spot!! :)
Day 145 - 23 September 2012 Received Green Card!

ROC - Eligible June 19 2014

Day 0 - 18 June 2014 Mailed ROC package via 2 day priority

Day 42 - 29 July 2014 Approval and Card Production Email

Day 49 - 5 August 2014 Received Green Card

Yes, once you receive your NOA1, which acts as a one-year extension for your green card, you can travel. Just bring the extension letter and your 2 year expiring green card with you.

You will also receive a letter for a biometrics appointment. Make sure you don't miss your appointment, maybe you can have someone you trust check your mailbox for you.

Thanks so much for the info. I just hope I don't miss my appointment or I mean they won't schedule my appointment while in the Philippines. My husband, though, will be left home and will check our mailbox. Thanks again :)

Edited by Rimi2228

If you file at least 3 weeks before you leave the US, you should receive the biometrics appointment letter in time to do an early "walk-in", thus negating the risk of missing your biometrics appointment while you're away.

Spouse-based AOS from out-of-status H-1B, May - Aug 2012

Removal of conditions, Aug - Nov 2014

If you file at least 3 weeks before you leave the US, you should receive the biometrics appointment letter in time to do an early "walk-in", thus negating the risk of missing your biometrics appointment while you're away.

This info is a big help as I calculate the time. My husband has a medical condition and couldnt travel out of town with me to work on our papers until end part of first quarter next year. And then I can go out of the country, too. I so appreciate this info. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.