Kittentard

After medical questions-London, so confused!

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I heard after the medical,(Medical is done) they will send a letter saying the interview appt date. Some people say the letter doesnt come and its best you check/call yourself.

I was told Call DOS- i called

DOS said "You need to call the NVC we dont do that here"

NVC said "You need to check the us embassy website because we dont have anything to do with the interviews".

I checked the website, still confused.

I checked visa journey forum it says---

"Shortcut for those who can’t wait for their letter: DOS will know your interview date once it has been assigned. You may call them and ask the date. It is a good idea to check with them because London has sent out late letters or no letters in the past"

DOS says it doesnt know .I understand that it says they wont know anything until its been assigned, but i was asked nothing about my case number, ANYTHING. Just "you need to call the NVC"

WHAT IS GOING ON? How do i get in contact with someone who can tell me any information?????

Timeline

I heard after the medical,(Medical is done) they will send a letter saying the interview appt date. Some people say the letter doesnt come and its best you check/call yourself.

I was told Call DOS- i called

DOS said "You need to call the NVC we dont do that here"

NVC said "You need to check the us embassy website because we dont have anything to do with the interviews".

"Shortcut for those who can’t wait for their letter: DOS will know your interview date once it has been assigned. You may call them and ask the date. It is a good idea to check with them because London has sent out late letters or no letters in the past"

DOS says it doesnt know ######.I understand that it says they wont know anything until its been assigned, but i was asked nothing about my case number, ANYTHING. Just "you need to call the NVC"

WHAT IS GOING ON? How do i get in contact with someone who can tell me any information?????

The application of rediness and the ds 160 form is done.

I went to the visa fee form online to see what it says- it says, "I have received a Consular interview appointment date from the National Visa Center (NVC)," HUH?

Also just check the case status and it says "Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section." CONFUSED

Edited by Kittentard

"Shortcut for those who cant wait for their letter: DOS will know your interview date once it has been assigned. You may call them and ask the date. It is a good idea to check with them because London has sent out late letters or no letters in the past"

DOS says it doesnt know ######.I understand that it says they wont know anything until its been assigned, but i was asked nothing about my case number, ANYTHING. Just "you need to call the NVC"

You missed this post in that thread. As things change, corrections are added.

Update regarding calling Department of State (Post 2, Point 2)

As of January 27th, the Department of State is now unable to provide information regarding K1 cases. You must call the National Visa Center instead on the number listed in this post.

You are supposed to wait for a letter. The NVC might give out that information, but like DOS, their job isn't really to do that so the person you talked to refused. It was great while it worked but it was abused so DOS quit.

Letters are being received just fine. There was a brief few weeks once when several people didn't get their letters so the rumor that London does not send out letters got started. Kinda old news now.

Has it been 6 weeks since your medical?

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

You missed this post in that thread. As things change, corrections are added.

Update regarding calling Department of State (Post 2, Point 2)

As of January 27th, the Department of State is now unable to provide information regarding K1 cases. You must call the National Visa Center instead on the number listed in this post.

You are supposed to wait for a letter. The NVC might give out that information, but like DOS, their job isn't really to do that so the person you talked to refused. It was great while it worked but it was abused so DOS quit.

Letters are being received just fine. There was a brief few weeks once when several people didn't get their letters so the rumor that London does not send out letters got started. Kinda old news now.

Has it been 6 weeks since your medical?

Its been a week lol! Another person i talked to called and got their interview date in two weeks.

My status online was changed, does this mean that it has been scheduled or is the average wait time six weeks?

It can mean that someone picked up your file or maybe that your medical results were received. What date did you put for intended marriage?

February 14th 2015 - Wedding Day 

AOS Timeline

Apr 13th 2015 - Sent AOS package (Day 1)

Apr 17th 2015 - AOS email confirmation (Day 5)
Apr 17th 2015 - AOS email confirmation (Day 5)

May 2nd 2015 - Biometrics letter received (Day 20)

May 14th 2015 - Biometrics appointment (Day 32)
Jul 11th 2015 -
EAD/AP was in production (Day 90)

Jul 29th 2015 - EAD/AP was being mailed (Day 108)
Jul 31st 2015 - EAD/AP was received (Day 110)

Sep 25th 2015 - Green Card APPROVED!!! (Day 166)

Sep 28th 2015 - Green Card welcome letter received (Day 169)
Oct 1st 2015 - Green Card Received (Day 172)

*No RFE's*

I-751 Timeline

Aug 12th 2017 - Sent I-751 package (Day 1)

Aug 14th 2017 - I-751 Package delivered to USCIS (Day 3)

Aug 17th 2017 - USCIS cashed check (Day 5)

Aug 19th 2017 - NOA letter received (Day 7) 

Sep 11th 2017 - Biometrics letter received (Day 30)

Sep 22nd 2017 - Biometrics Appointment (Day 42)

Mar 5th 2018 - Case was received at my local office (Day 206)

Nov 28th 2018 - Request for initial evidence was mailed to me (Day 473)

Dec 17th 2018 - Evidence was received by USCIS (Day 492)

Naturalization Timeline

Dec 17th 2018 - Sent N-400 package online (Day 1)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

My fiance had is medical on 11/24 and they arrived at embassy on 11/28.....I called last night to check on interview date because I have no patience and I had emailed asking for an early date in hopes of him arriving by NYE......the NVC told me the interview is scheduled for Dec 17!!! So excited...never thought it would happen so fast!

Timeline

It can mean that someone picked up your file or maybe that your medical results were received. What date did you put for intended marriage?

I put February because i thought it would look suspicious if i put a different date than what i put on that ds160 form.

My fiance had is medical on 11/24 and they arrived at embassy on 11/28.....I called last night to check on interview date because I have no patience and I had emailed asking for an early date in hopes of him arriving by NYE......the NVC told me the interview is scheduled for Dec 17!!! So excited...never thought it would happen so fast!C

Congrats! I may email and ask as well,it seems to have worked for you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.