48 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I FINALLY have an MNL#. I am e-mailing it to my fiance'. Now as I understand it, she can now make an Appointment for an Interview, and then an appointment for a physical 9 days before Interview. She can't pay for Interview fee before I get an official email or paper with MNL# on it - correct? I will be mailing my I-134 Package DHL to her in Manila on Saturday. Am I missing anything? I am soooo excited. Thanks for all the positive words over the last 6 months, maybe it will be over soon... :)

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I FINALLY have an MNL#. I am e-mailing it to my fiance'. Now as I understand it, she can now make an Appointment for an Interview, and then an appointment for a physical 9 days before Interview. She can't pay for Interview fee before I get an official email or paper with MNL# on it - correct? I will be mailing my I-134 Package DHL to her in Manila on Saturday. Am I missing anything? I am soooo excited. Thanks for all the positive words over the last 6 months, maybe it will be over soon... :)

You have the MNL # you can pay the visa fee. No waiting.

Do take the time to email NVC to request the MNL # follow the flashing below for all the details.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Does he still need to send the I-134 as it seems it's not being asked for and he can save a few bucks?

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline

mwh, congrats on getting this close in the process!

Hank, I'm at my wit's end with the infamous NVC. I've no long distance plan on my phone right now, which makes it that much more frustrating but that's on me. I keep calling and keep getting the voice of that guy from 1954 Kansas telling me to "call back later." It would actually be easier (and cheaper!), ironically, if I just received a busy signal.

What happens if I just don't call them? Do they generally send me a hard copy letter with my fiancé's MNL#? And how long does that take?

Anyone else on this thread, if you could advise how long it took you to receive the hard copy letter, that would be great! TIA

Timeline

Does he still need to send the I-134 as it seems it's not being asked for and he can save a few bucks?

It has been a mix of the I-134 being asked for or not. As long as it is listed in the instructions letter I will recommend having it for sure.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

mwh, congrats on getting this close in the process!

Hank, I'm at my wit's end with the infamous NVC. I've no long distance plan on my phone right now, which makes it that much more frustrating but that's on me. I keep calling and keep getting the voice of that guy from 1954 Kansas telling me to "call back later." It would actually be easier (and cheaper!), ironically, if I just received a busy signal.

What happens if I just don't call them? Do they generally send me a hard copy letter with my fiancé's MNL#? And how long does that take?

Anyone else on this thread, if you could advise how long it took you to receive the hard copy letter, that would be great! TIA

Why not send an email? Follow the format in the guide (flashing arrow ;) ) You will not get a reply to the email until the MNL # has been assigned and the case file shipped to USEM.

NVC replied to my email with case number as soon as the case file had shipped.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Thanks, Hank! You always have the answers.

My fiancé and I have read, and continue to read your excellent website. I try to double-check I didn't miss an answer to one of my questions before posting here.

Timeline

I emailed AskNVC yesterday & had an answer the next morning..... It basically said: This petition is now eligible for further processing. The petitioner, principal applicant, and/or attorney of record will receive an instruction package regarding further processing of this petition.

Timeline

The USEM interview can be done the next day after medical is complete because SLEC is handing fiancee's the sealed medical report. The fiancees then simply hand the sealed medical report to the USEM CO when they are asked for it. That's provided there are no delays at SLEC, such as further testing. Most finish SLEC medical in 2 days and are given their reports.

All the sealed medical reports used to be couriered by SLEC to the USEM. Now SLEC only couriers the ones that required additional testing. If SLEC is the courier, wait 2 days after medical is completed so that the paperwork can match up over at the USEM.

Some say (including the USEM) to wait 7 days or more to do the interview after medical. That's not exactly practical for those on a budget or traveling significant distances.

Timeline

There is not a major issue doing the medical the day before the interview, even if SLEC does not let you hand carry the file, just expect a delay waiting for final approval after the interview.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Thanks, Hank! You always have the answers.

My fiancé and I have read, and continue to read your excellent website. I try to double-check I didn't miss an answer to one of my questions before posting here.

:wow: Sometimes, with others, we can tell they never lifted a finger to search for the answer on their own. But for you, you try and do your homework before asking the "teacher" for the answer. Congratulations. We love you for that. :dancing:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline
Immigrant Visa Case Number: MNLXXXXXXXXXXXX

Your case is in transit to the Consular Section. Your interview date was provided to you by the National Visa Center.

I am confused, does this mean we already have an Interview date and they will inform me & my fiance' of that date?

Timeline

Immigrant Visa Case Number: MNLXXXXXXXXXXXX

Your case is in transit to the Consular Section. Your interview date was provided to you by the National Visa Center.

I am confused, does this mean we already have an Interview date and they will inform me & my fiance' of that date?

Nope. Ignore that... it is for immigrant visas only. YOU have to schedule your own interview date.

* The K-1 is a non-immigrant visa that in most ways is processed as an immigrant visa... most ways, not all.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Has anyone found what the "New" Medical (St. Luke's) fee is. I see where it was supposed to go up Jan 5, 2015, but haven't found out what it went up too...

Edited by mwh710

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.