Cristin

November 2014 Filers - Texas Service Center

1,116 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

Thanks for the suggestion, I will try. If I go will they tell me? have they told anyone before? It would be such a blessing if I didn't have to wait a whole another month.

I honestly don't know. But at this point, if you are willing and able, I would try.

04/01/2013 - Met online

07/13/2013 - Met in person in Paris, traveled together throughout Europe for 3 weeks - France, Brussels, Italy

10/13/2013 - Celebrated my Anna's birthday together in Prague

01/26/2014 - Met her family for the first time, then traveled together to Zermatt, Switzerland

05/26/2014 - Proposed to her during my visit over Memorial Day Weekend

07/14/2014 - Traveled with me on a business trip to Dublin, Ireland

08/26/2014 - Spent 2 weeks together in Riga, Latvia

11/18/2014 - Filed I-129F and received NOA1 from the USCIS

12/31/2014 - Spent the New Year in St. Petersburg, Russia

02/14/2015 - Spent Valentine's Day together in Zell Am See, Austria

05/26/2015 - Visited her over the Memorial Day Weekend

07/03/2015 - Surprise visit over the 4th of July weekend

07/28/2015 - Received e-mail and text notification that I-129F has been approved

12/28/2015 - Visa Interview in Warsaw, Poland

05/21/2016 - Arrived in the US

06/12/2016 - Got married!!!

They probably wont tell you, sorry to say, waiting4areason... at least thats what I have heard others say. Also that it tends to take around 2 weeks (+/-) to get the paper letter in the mail. Then you send it back and another month or so to get NOA2 :-(

I feel you pain, we are at 287 freaking days and counting and actually kind of expecting an RFE because we did not include the intent to get married letters. It sucks big time.

Random question - When booking an INFOPASS appointment, did you guys need the A-numbers? Because I dont have it and I dont know where to get it either.

Timeline

They probably wont tell you, sorry to say, waiting4areason... at least thats what I have heard others say. Also that it tends to take around 2 weeks (+/-) to get the paper letter in the mail. Then you send it back and another month or so to get NOA2 :-(

I feel you pain, we are at 287 freaking days and counting and actually kind of expecting an RFE because we did not include the intent to get married letters. It sucks big time.

Random question - When booking an INFOPASS appointment, did you guys need the A-numbers? Because I dont have it and I dont know where to get it either.

No. Not all fields are required. I believe just the phone number is.

04/01/2013 - Met online

07/13/2013 - Met in person in Paris, traveled together throughout Europe for 3 weeks - France, Brussels, Italy

01/26/2014 - Met her family for the first time, then traveled together to Zermatt, Switzerland

07/28/2015 - Received e-mail and text notification that I-129F has been approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Thanks Mena, I am sorry this happens to you. You are out of normal processing times now. Did you open inquiries?

When you book the info pass, all you need I think is your phone number, the rest of the info is optional. I hope they will be able to at leas tell you what is going on with your application.

No. Not all fields are required. I believe just the phone number is.

Thanks Mena, I am sorry this happens to you. You are out of normal processing times now. Did you open inquiries?

When you book the info pass, all you need I think is your phone number, the rest of the info is optional. I hope they will be able to at leas tell you what is going on with your application.

thanks guys!

I hope so too... We opened inquiries, both ourselves and via two senators/ congress people in MA - they have been unable to get us any info or answers in the last month, so unfortunately rather unhelpful. Dont know what else to do other than keep asking over and over again and go to INFOPASS...

Timeline

thanks guys!

I hope so too... We opened inquiries, both ourselves and via two senators/ congress people in MA - they have been unable to get us any info or answers in the last month, so unfortunately rather unhelpful. Dont know what else to do other than keep asking over and over again and go to INFOPASS...

Did you schedule InfoPass in MA? I ask only because I know in Rhode Island they have openings next day practically. If you can get to RI, I would suggest that vs. having to wait for an opening in MA

04/01/2013 - Met online

Did you schedule InfoPass in MA? I ask only because I know in Rhode Island they have openings next day practically. If you can get to RI, I would suggest that vs. having to wait for an opening in MA

Yeah, MA.

That was my original question - if anybody had tried to schedule an appointment for out of their jurisdiction. Because it asks for your home zip code and putting a wrong one is like lying to USCIS which I dont want to do lol.

Also our inquiries arent that old yet, so we didnt want to schedule an appointment and then be told that we are not outside of the answering time yet (45 days after inquiry was filed). Makes you feel even more defeated. They just opened our MA office back up to make it possible to schedule something, but I´d have to ask my fiance about the date he chose.

You got approved recently, right? Congrats!

Timeline

Yeah, MA.

That was my original question - if anybody had tried to schedule an appointment for out of their jurisdiction. Because it asks for your home zip code and putting a wrong one is like lying to USCIS which I dont want to do lol.

Also our inquiries arent that old yet, so we didnt want to schedule an appointment and then be told that we are not outside of the answering time yet (45 days after inquiry was filed). Makes you feel even more defeated. They just opened our MA office back up to make it possible to schedule something, but I´d have to ask my fiance about the date he chose.

You got approved recently, right? Congrats!

I think you can still get an infopass to know wats going on with your case. Plus you never know, maybe you will receive an approval tonight God willing :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Thank you! It's official, my case status has been updated to "Approved" on the website and got the email and text notifications! YAY!!! ????

Super congrats!!!!! I'm so jealous!! =)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

so after 240 days I finally received a text regarding my case, I was so excited thinking its an approval, I almost scream at work....to my disappointment, its an RFE!! I am wrecking my brain trying to figure out what they could want! I called and they cannot tell me :( so basically I have to wait about 2 weeks to receive. How long do they take to approve cases after RFE?? I was so careful , I did not expect to get one :crying::cry:

I know your pain. This is the same thing that happened to us.. waited all that time, just to receive an RFE. Not what we were expecting. I will say, from the time I got the text it was only about 4 days later, the actual notice came in the mail. (I do also live in TX, where the notice originated, so maybe that helped time wise.) I sent all the needed info back in within a week or so, and three days later, they messaged me that they received it. It is now only been almost two weeks since then (July 23rd), but I am hoping to get a response back within 30 days. Will keep you posted on how long it actually takes... Everything is "hurry up and wait"!!

Filed: Timeline

Hi all,

quick question:

Today a tier 2 officer said the case left security clearance on JULY 14, 2015 and that it is now back to processing. Should we expect our NOA 2 soon?

Case was received on December 18 (we are about to hit the 8th months) so, you can imagine how desperate we are. :/

Timeline

Hi all,

quick question:

Today a tier 2 officer said the case left security clearance on JULY 14, 2015 and that it is now back to processing. Should we expect our NOA 2 soon?

Case was received on December 18 (we are about to hit the 8th months) so, you can imagine how desperate we are. :/

I completely understand. My No1 is december 1 and passed 8 months by a couple of days now. Received an RFE after 7 months of waiting on July 29 (still waiting for it in the mail, as no one can tell me wat it is when I call, even after I made an infopass) so no say as to when we will finally receive No2. Might be any day for u :)

Timeline

I know your pain. This is the same thing that happened to us.. waited all that time, just to receive an RFE. Not what we were expecting. I will say, from the time I got the text it was only about 4 days later, the actual notice came in the mail. (I do also live in TX, where the notice originated, so maybe that helped time wise.) I sent all the needed info back in within a week or so, and three days later, they messaged me that they received it. It is now only been almost two weeks since then (July 23rd), but I am hoping to get a response back within 30 days. Will keep you posted on how long it actually takes... Everything is "hurry up and wait"!!

thanks, that makes feel much better. I made my piece with the whole process and trying to be patient. I am still waiting for the RFE in the mail. What was your RFE about if you don't mind me asking? I really don't know what mine could be about

I think you can still get an infopass to know wats going on with your case. Plus you never know, maybe you will receive an approval tonight God willing :)

Thank you :-)

still waiting. 292 days, no RFE, no nothing. He will go to Infopass next week, lets see if it does anything... If they keep going this way we´ll set a new record :-D

I wish I knew what to do to get someone to go find out where it is... senators, congresspeople, USCIS - everyone is very unresponsive

Good luck with your RFE, I hope it gets there fast and is easily fixed :-)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.