Cristin

November 2014 Filers - Texas Service Center

1,116 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

7 months ??? :o :'(

------------------------------------------------

"Distance never separates two hearts that really care, whenever I start feeling sad, because I miss you, I remind myself how lucky I am to have someone so special to miss."

Timeline

im trying to update my timeline but i don't understant that ;

-- I-129F RFE(s) : -- I-129F RFE Reply(s) :

"Distance never separates two hearts that really care, whenever I start feeling sad, because I miss you, I remind myself how lucky I am to have someone so special to miss."

Timeline

im trying to update my timeline but i don't understant that ;

-- I-129F RFE(s) : -- I-129F RFE Reply(s) :

An RFE (request for evidence) is between the noa1 and noa2. USCIS will send a notice to your fiancé requesting information if they need it. You only have the petition sent and noa1 notice dates to fill out right now. If they send you an RFE you won't have it until April-june. Leave these dates blank on your timeline. Edited by Cristin

Our story!

04/29/14: Met on a Mediterranean Cruise on the MSC Armonia

04/30/14 to 05/08/14: Traveled together on the cruise - Italy, Greece, Turkey, and Croatia
09/06/14 to 09/14/14: Visited Morocco - Casablanca, Marrakech, and Essaouira

02/11/15 to 02/17/15: Planned trip back to Morocco!

Our Immigration Story!

Service Center: Texas Service Center

Consulate: Casablanca, Morocco

10/31/14: I-129F submitted
11/03/14: I-129F received

11/05/14: I-129F NOA1 Notice Date

11/07/14: Alien Registration Number changed
11/13/14: I-129F NOA1 received in mail

45aXm5.png

Timeline

Ok dear , Thank you so much

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello all! I've been SCOURING the forums for information this last week, and just created a profile. I was unaware of the actual timeframe and how far behind TSC is right now and I was EXTREMELY disheartened to find out it will probably be at least April or May before we get our NOA2. We had been planning on having him HERE by then. Now I see how we also have to allow for a month for transfer to NVC, then another month for it to reach the embassy, a month for medical, and another month or two for the interview. And we are sitting around wasting time waiting for just the approval, while other cases are pushed in front of ours for unfair reasons. We have already begun gathering info for the next steps, such as getting his police record, getting any and all vaccinations and medical records he can from his NHS provider, and me filling out and gathering evidence for the affidavit of support, and I will have him print off the DS-160 soon.

To see our light at the end of the tunnel visibly get dimmer was extremely crushing for us both, I have never cried more in my life since this whole process started. (YES it's worth it but I am prone to depression and that's whats happening). We work the same shift, but with the time difference he's usually sleeping by the time I get out of work, and we only really get to catch up once a week during skype. We are both grinding really hard to save up as much money as we can for the fees and flights yet to come and so we can live a comfortable life.

I cannot express how grateful I am to have found this website and people in the same boat as me to lean on for support. I filed with a lawyer, who literally only filled the form out for us.. I don't regret spending the money but seeing now that it would not have been impossible to do myself I almost wish I had.. and done it sooner. :cry: C'est la vie.

I have seen the other thread with mostly CSC people who have filed around the time we have already get approvals.. some within DAYS.

I am EXTREMELY fired up about this issue, and although I am only 2 months out from NOA1 I am gathering information and will begin writing the first draft of my letter I will send to a state senator and my representative if necessary.

I am using this guide http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/421608-a-guide-to-writing-your-elected-representatives-about-the-i-129f-slowdown-at-the-csc/)to write my letter. Ironic how this guide was made for those dealing with delays at CSC just last year and now the tables have turned.

I've done my research on who is best to contact within my state (Rhode Island), I am going to start with a Senator who has been in office since 1997 and has dealt with immigration issues himself. I am going to call his office this week and see if I can get the name of a staff member who works specifically with Immigration/USCIS issues. I also needed to contact my lawyer for a copy of our I-129F to forward to them with their privacy release. Why would he not have given me a copy of this when we filed! Why didn't I ask? So much has been learned these past few weeks...

I'm blown away at how archaic this system is, and to think I would have been none the wiser about it if my future husband didn't live outside of this country. I knew the U.S. had its corrupt and outdated policies, but never in my wildest dreams could I have seen myself in this absurd situation and feeling so helpless. I refuse to sit around and wait, and I am taking action. I will keep you all updated and even post what I come up with if anyone else would like to use it as a guide.

Even if it doesn't speed of the process of my own application, our voices need to be heard, and a change needs to happen so future applicants don't have to go through these extreme hardships of heartache and economic woes (we are considering buying another round trip ticket for him to visit in May for 2 weeks before NOA2 because the thought of being apart for more than 3-4 months is too much to bear.) Even if we get the NOA2 the day before he comes out, we still have to wait for NVC and then to fwd to the embassy.

Anyone with me here?

Thanks for reading!

-Stefanie

edits: grammar/formatting/spelling

Edited by stef_curls

NOA1: November 18, 2014 @ TSC

NOA2: June 24, 2015 218 days

Sent to NVC: July 1, 2015

Embassy Case Number Received: July 10, 2015

Sent to embassy: July 16, 2015

Embassy Received: July 20, 2015

Packet 3 Received/DS 160/Readiness Completed: July 22, 2015

Medical: July 24, 2015

Packet 4 Received: August 11, 2015

Interview: September 4, 2015 Approved

Issued: September 8, 2015

Visa in hand:

POE: September 18, 2015

-----------------------

When filling in your timeline, please understand that all I-129F's are sent to the LOCKBOX in Texas, and then ROUTED (not transferred) to your ASSIGNED service center- the one in Texas "TSC" (not the same as the lockbox!), or the one in California "CSC". If your tracking number starts with WAC, you're at the CSC, you were not transferred! There are no transfers at this time. If your number starts with SRC you're at the TSC and that's where you will serve your entire sentence.USCIS isn't fair.

They don't care about you.

-----------------------------------------------------

Want to complain to someone anyway?

*Email the Ombudsman at cisombudsman@HQ.DHS.GOV

"The Ombudsman provides an impartial and independent perspective to USCIS in an attempt to resolve problems"

Timeline

Just want to say I watched all the episodes of 90 Day Fiance, wow and wow. What a hot mess.

Also if it makes you feel better (like it did me) I contacted both my senators on the unfair comparison in time frames. Both wrote back and one specifically said he submitted an inquiry on my behalf for my fiance. It says he will have an answer in 25-30 days. I'm sure it will lead to nowhere but it does make me feel better.

Read your response after I wrote mine! PLEASE keep us updated as to what he comes back to tell you! I will be writing mine ASAP, as soon as I get a copy of my i-129 from our lawyer and contact the senator's office.

Visa in hand:

-----------------------

When filling in your timeline, please understand that all I-129F's are sent to the LOCKBOX in Texas, and then ROUTED (not transferred) to your ASSIGNED service center- the one in Texas "TSC" (not the same as the lockbox!), or the one in California "CSC". If your tracking number starts with WAC, you're at the CSC, you were not transferred! There are no transfers at this time. If your number starts with SRC you're at the TSC and that's where you will serve your entire sentence.USCIS isn't fair.

"The Ombudsman provides an impartial and independent perspective to USCIS in an attempt to resolve problems"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Read your response after I wrote mine! PLEASE keep us updated as to what he comes back to tell you! I will be writing mine ASAP, as soon as I get a copy of my i-129 from our lawyer and contact the senator's office.

Saw your post on my phone and jumped on the computer. I KNOW how you feel. There is nothing more frustrating. I haven't heard back from either reps, but I did write back on day 28 inquiring, so fingers crossed. You don't need a copy of the I-129, did you get the NOA1? All you need to include is the case number in your inquiry. If you private message me I can forward the letters I wrote to them to you. (Or if you ever need to talk you can email). This sucks, there's no other way to put it. Thankfully John was able to get off of work and come Feb. 13-28, but lets be honest, it's expensive for both of us to keep hopping on planes. It's been nice because some of his friends are here and a few have come in town so at least I get a little bit of Ireland that way, and he normally stays up to skype each night but it's not the same. We're thinking we'll get approval around July (hopefully) then one month for the next step, then 2 more for everything on his end. As soon as we can we're headed to Vegas. But just wanted you to know you're not alone out there.

11/15/2013- Met John

10/27/2014- Proposed

11/26/2014- Sent I-129F

11/28/2014- Package Received

12/03/2014- Electronic Notification

12/09/2014- Received NOA1 in mail (Notice Date 12/02/2014)

*System still says last touched date 12/03 :(

Timeline

Saw your post on my phone and jumped on the computer. I KNOW how you feel. There is nothing more frustrating. I haven't heard back from either reps, but I did write back on day 28 inquiring, so fingers crossed. You don't need a copy of the I-129, did you get the NOA1? All you need to include is the case number in your inquiry. If you private message me I can forward the letters I wrote to them to you. (Or if you ever need to talk you can email). This sucks, there's no other way to put it. Thankfully John was able to get off of work and come Feb. 13-28, but lets be honest, it's expensive for both of us to keep hopping on planes. It's been nice because some of his friends are here and a few have come in town so at least I get a little bit of Ireland that way, and he normally stays up to skype each night but it's not the same. We're thinking we'll get approval around July (hopefully) then one month for the next step, then 2 more for everything on his end. As soon as we can we're headed to Vegas. But just wanted you to know you're not alone out there.

Hi! Thank you for the reply! At the link above (the guide I reviewed), they had said the rep may request a copy of everything I have filed. I have my paper copy NOA1, yes.

I would love to see your letters, I'll PM you now.

February! Next Month, not so far! But yes $1k is no joke to drop on a flight. I keep searching for flights desperate to just come out even for a weekend, but I can't justify that much money for less than 24 hours with him, that's just crazy! I go there in March, and he's going to officially propose to me in Paris (I think.. hehe). My life has just been so surreal since all this. I got my own place, a new job (I now hold 2 part time jobs instead of 1), and trying to still make it to the gym (something I used to LOVE and now it feels like a chore :( ).

That's lovely that you've been able to visit with some of his friends! I don't live near any family and am not the best at making friends because Im shy and now always in a bad mood/depressed. It's a vicious cycle. Some good friends of ours are also filing for a fiance visa (She lives in PA,USA and he lives in Scotland)- but they seem very lax about the whole process and the info surrounding it, "It happens when it happens." :/

So you're going ahead and counting on being approved at the end of your estimated window? Ugh. July. That means he won't be here until October or so? That's 11 months?! UGHHH I am getting mad all over again oh my goodness. I've been on the computer all day consuming myself with this stuff.

Vegas sounds perfect. I honestly just want to grab some witnesses and go to our state courthouse and do it. I've never been a "let's plan a wedding and spend $$$" white-dress kind of girl. However, his family wants to come and so does mine so I'm sort of being forced into at least planning a small party for everyone to meet and greet. I can't even begin to worry about that right now. Sigh.

I hope you have a good night and I'll be in touch via PM.

Visa in hand:

-----------------------

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hi! Thank you for the reply! At the link above (the guide I reviewed), they had said the rep may request a copy of everything I have filed. I have my paper copy NOA1, yes.

February! Next Month, not so far! But yes $1k is no joke to drop on a flight. I keep searching for flights desperate to just come out even for a weekend, but I can't justify that much money for less than 24 hours with him, that's just crazy! I go there in March, and he's going to officially propose to me in Paris (I think.. hehe). My life has just been so surreal since all this. I got my own place, a new job (I now hold 2 part time jobs instead of 1), and trying to still make it to the gym (something I used to LOVE and now it feels like a chore :( ).

That's lovely that you've been able to visit with some of his friends! I don't live near any family and am not the best at making friends because Im shy and now always in a bad mood/depressed. It's a vicious cycle. Some good friends of ours are also filing for a fiance visa (She lives in PA,USA and he lives in Scotland)- but they seem very lax about the whole process and the info surrounding it, "It happens when it happens." :/

So you're going ahead and counting on being approved at the end of your estimated window? Ugh. July. That means he won't be here until October or so? That's 11 months?! UGHHH I am getting mad all over again oh my goodness. I've been on the computer all day consuming myself with this stuff.

Vegas sounds perfect. I honestly just want to grab some witnesses and go to our state courthouse and do it. I've never been a "let's plan a wedding and spend $$$" white-dress kind of girl. However, his family wants to come and so does mine so I'm sort of being forced into at least planning a small party for everyone to meet and greet. I can't even begin to worry about that right now. Sigh.

grrr it's not letting me reply to you lol just PM me :)

11/15/2013- Met John

10/27/2014- Proposed

11/26/2014- Sent I-129F

11/28/2014- Package Received

12/03/2014- Electronic Notification

12/09/2014- Received NOA1 in mail (Notice Date 12/02/2014)

*System still says last touched date 12/03 :(

Timeline

Been doing some more looking this morning and found two additional contact points that I couldn't see if anyone else has tried recently.

The first is the USCIS Headquarters Office of Service Center Operations, email: SCOPSSCATA@dhs.gov they seem to say (albeit in a non-clear way) to email the service center first and wait 21 days and then use this email to follow up. Though no harm could be made if we all emailed this address complaining about the poor management of back log and cases at Texas and requesting them to use CSC to clear it.

The second is the ombudsman which seems to have mixed results over the years. http://www.dhs.gov/case-assistance I can't get access to the 7001 form.

Anyone tried these avenues?

K1 Timeline

November 21st 2013 - First Met

November 18th 2014 - I-129f Submitted

November 24th 2014 - NOA 1

May 22nd 2015 - NOA 2 - no RFE!

June 4th 2015 - Case Sent to NVC

June 6th 2015 - NVC receives case

June 15th 2015 - Case Sent to Embassy

June 16th 2015 - Phoned NVC and finally got case number (tried 12th June and had not been assigned)

June 16th 2015 - Medical booked

June 21st 2015 - Sent Packet "3" - DS 160 and readiness

June 25th 2015 - Embassy sends letter in receipt of receiving case

June 30th 2015 - Medical

July 28th 2015 - Interview - Approved!

August 3rd 2015 - Email request to collect from courier office (Went straight from "Ready" to "Issued" did not see AP in CEAC)

August 4th 2015 - Collected packet from Chancery Lane Courier Office

August 7th 2015 - Arrived in Houston and end of K1 journey :)

Adjustment of Status Timeline

August 10th 2015 - Applied for SSN, obtained SSN number next day

August 15th 2015 - SSN card arrived

August 20th 2015 - Married! :)

August 24th 2015 - sent packet to USCIS via FedEx [AOS, AP & EAD]

August 26th 2015 - packet received at USCIS

August 28th 2015 - NOA 1 for all three applications

September 15th 2015 - RFE - request 1040A, W2's was not enough

September 24th 2015 - Biometrics completed

September 28th 2015 - RFE response received by USCIS

October 27th 2015 - EAD approved

Timeline

Been doing some more looking this morning and found two additional contact points that I couldn't see if anyone else has tried recently.

The first is the USCIS Headquarters Office of Service Center Operations, email: SCOPSSCATA@dhs.gov they seem to say (albeit in a non-clear way) to email the service center first and wait 21 days and then use this email to follow up. Though no harm could be made if we all emailed this address complaining about the poor management of back log and cases at Texas and requesting them to use CSC to clear it.

The second is the ombudsman which seems to have mixed results over the years. http://www.dhs.gov/case-assistance I can't get access to the 7001 form.

I have not tried these avenues! I just finished faxing the letter to my Senator, I will look into this if nothing comes of what I did today. This looks like a very good idea though, if we all did the same and complained we may be able to make at least a ripple in the waves.

Visa in hand:

-----------------------

Timeline

Okay! Update! As of 4:46pm today I have sent letters to a senator, congressman, and the Ombudsman - I filled out the form you linked above. USCIS won't let me file a claim because I'm obviously still within their hogwash self-made "processing time" dates. I will yell down EVERY SINGLE avenue until something changes here. We are law abiding, upstanding citizens of the United States of America trying to bring our loved ones here LEGALLY, we do NOT deserve to be treated that way.

edit: I also emailed scopsscata@dhs.gov that you linked above. Haha.. everyone better know my name by the time I'm done here!!!! . .

/end today's political rampage. I feel quite accomplished, if nothing else.

Edited by stef_curls

Visa in hand:

-----------------------

Timeline

Here's the automated message from Ombudsman:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for the recent request for assistance that you submitted to the Office of the Citizenship and Immigration Services Ombudsman. Your submission is being reviewed to determine how our office may assist. If we are able to help, you will receive correspondence regarding the inquiry from our office within 45 business days. If our office is unable to assist, we will notify you promptly.

You may contact us at 1-855-882-8100 (toll-free), (202) 357-8100 (local) or cisombudsman@hq.dhs.gov. Please reference case number 20150351 if you have any questions or need further assistance.

Sincerely,

Office of the Citizenship and Immigration Services Ombudsman

U.S. Department of Homeland Security DB1KM2TD3NC4

Washington, DC 20528-0180

Toll-Free: 1-855-882-8100

Phone: 202-357-8100

Email: cisombudsman@hq.dhs.gov

Web: www.dhs.gov/cisombudsman

Visa in hand:

-----------------------

Timeline

After seeing SO much progress with the CSC filers on the Nov 2014 K1 thread, I decided to contact my Senators and House Representative. I doubt anything will come from it, but I'm getting tired of seeing people who happen to live on the West coast get their visas months in advance than the rest of us. One of my senators has a staff dedicated to USCIS issues, so I'm hoping something will come from that. We'll see.

Our story!

04/29/14: Met on a Mediterranean Cruise on the MSC Armonia

04/30/14 to 05/08/14: Traveled together on the cruise - Italy, Greece, Turkey, and Croatia
09/06/14 to 09/14/14: Visited Morocco - Casablanca, Marrakech, and Essaouira

02/11/15 to 02/17/15: Planned trip back to Morocco!

Our Immigration Story!

Service Center: Texas Service Center

Consulate: Casablanca, Morocco

10/31/14: I-129F submitted
11/03/14: I-129F received

11/05/14: I-129F NOA1 Notice Date

11/07/14: Alien Registration Number changed
11/13/14: I-129F NOA1 received in mail

45aXm5.png

Timeline

I hope so, i really miss my fiance, im kind of lost without him

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.