Pegasus75

Rough estimate ...

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello there ... I'm a British citizen my partner is american, we have a child together, however she doesn't have american citizenship as I'm sure he needs to come over here and us do it here. I have two children from a previous relationship, I'm actually wondering how much it's going to cost roughly to be able to do all the visas etc and move over there to him, wanting to take our belongings too obviously have a 3 bedroomed house here. Just wondering if anyone has done a similar kind of move ...

Hello there ... I'm a British citizen my partner is american, we have a child together, however she doesn't have american citizenship as I'm sure he needs to come over here and us do it here. I have two children from a previous relationship, I'm actually wondering how much it's going to cost roughly to be able to do all the visas etc and move over there to him, wanting to take our belongings too obviously have a 3 bedroomed house here. Just wondering if anyone has done a similar kind of move ...

The one child can get an American passport and won't need a visa, so for the three visas--

$340 (USCIS) I-129F petition X1

£45 (ACPO) Police certificate just before petition approval X1 if the children are not teens

£245 (Knightsbridge Doctors) medical exam. Pay at exam. X1

£115 (Knightsbridge Doctors) child under 14 medical exam. X2

$265 (Embassy) Visa fee prior to interview. Online pay. X3

$30 Courier fee if home delivery, $0 to pick up at a depot. Online. X1

$1070 (USCIS) Adjustment of status X1

$635 (USCIS) Adjustment of status child under 14 X2

Plus transportation to London twice. Maybe hotel.

Passport photos

Thousands to move that much stuff.

To get American passport for child of American citizen http://london.usembassy.gov/cons_new/acs/passports/robirth4.html

There are fees for application, photos, passport

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Thankyou Nick now am I right in thinking I can't actually get my daughter citizenship with out my partner being here with us

Read the link I put at the end of my other reply. One part says--

When reporting the birth of a U.S. citizen abroad, the presence of the child and parent(s) listed on the birth certificate is normally required. If only one parent is a U.S. Citizen and that parent is not presently in the country, please click here for information about how to contact us.

And the contact form to ask if there is an exception is this http://london.usembassy.gov/cons_new/acs/passports/passports_contact_form.html

Tick the reason "My enquiry is not covered by information on your website."

In my opinion, it will be far easier to get that child US citizenship from the start and skip all the immigration route and fees to eventually become a citizen after a number of years.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Since one of her parents is American then she is American. I think you can contact your embassy to register her birth. The children from a previous relationship will need a visa though.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

My partner isn't on the birth certificate Nick he couldn't come back for the birth he had already stayed his full 6 months here with me .... Hasn't managed to get back yet ... So without him being on that I can't do it correct? And only way I can get him on the birth certificate here is if he's here in person ... Still completely understood that that's the easiest best way to do ...

My partner isn't on the birth certificate Nick he couldn't come back for the birth he had already stayed his full 6 months here with me .... Hasn't managed to get back yet ... So without him being on that I can't do it correct? And only way I can get him on the birth certificate here is if he's here in person ... Still completely understood that that's the easiest best way to do ...

Yes for children born out of wedlock--

"If you believe that your child has a claim to U.S. Citizenship, it will be necessary for the U.S. citizen parent to appear in person at this office in order to execute an application for a "Consular Report of Birth Abroad" before a consular officer. At that time, a passport application may also be executed."

So I guess you could check for the documentation needed and everything the form asks for---get your ducks in a row---then he will have to appear at the embassy by getting an appointment. There is a proof of his residency in the US for five years and it explains how he can document that.

He doesn't need to be on the birth certificate.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.