7 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Yes, the form asks for current annual income. If they are unemployed, they would need to state that on the form. Part 6 #4 asks about being unemployed. If they are unemployed and have no other source of income, then their current annual income is now zero.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Everything has to be true on the form when you submit it. If your joint sponsor is no longer working and does not have sufficient income you will need a new joint sponsor. You always have to prove your current income when you fill out an I-864, the tax returns alone aren't sufficient precisely for this reason.

This does not constitute legal advice.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hi guys, i read i-864 instructions again, and i checked 2014 poverty guidlines for household 2 is 15,730, my husband is a US citizen, so the total value of assets should be at least 3 times of the difference, which in our case would be 11730*3=35190. We have enough in our bank account, i wonder if that would be enough because my husband can't really show much current income?

Also if that's not enough, i wonder if i can use any property i owned outside united states as "intending immigrants assets" in I-864? In that case, what kinda of evidence should i show?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline

hello,

household size for 2 i think it is 19000 dollars a years average...for 2014. or maybe he work in army so it is like you said 15000 average a years.

I did like you say, assets, me and my husband, also he is uscitizen. So 3 time the difference.

An i did put own property in foreign country, you have to put recent price with certified appraisal, put the loan if you have and see the difference between current price and loan...translate all the documents and the title of property...it is writting in instruction i-864, read.

OH yes i don't know i think for asset and ownership from intending immigrant, the difference have to be 5 times... and convertissable into cash in one years.

AND i say all this but i just did, i am not sur if they will accept because me too i am in AOS pending and i wait answer for request of evidence they have send me before. THIS is what i have send like i told you. And i did a cover letter to explain everything and that it is writing in the instruction of i-864.

Good luck, i am stress and worry if they will accept.

Edited by sogreeny

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

You need 125% of the poverty level, which for a household of 2 is currently $19,662 > http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-864p.pdf

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.