4 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

Hello All:

My husband and I recieved an email from the USCIS saying they moved our case to another office. I am upset. I don't know what does this mean. We have done the biometrics, so what's the issue?

There has been a recent processing action taken on your case.

Receipt Number:

Application Type: CRI89, PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED

Your Case Status: Initial Review

On December 1, 2014, we transferred your Form CRI89, PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED, Receipt Number, to another USCIS office. That office now has jurisdiction over your case. We sent you a notice that explains why we moved your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your notice by December 31, 2014, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

During this step, USCIS initiates the background checks of the applicant/petitioner and identifies issues that may need to be addressed either during an interview or by asking the applicant/petitioner to submit additional information or documentation. USCIS reviews the applicant's/petitioner's criminal history, determines if there are national security concerns that need to be addressed, and reviews the application/petition for fraud indicators. If you have filed an I-485, I-589, I-751, N-400, I-90, I-821, I-131 or I-765, you can expect to receive an appointment notice to appear at an Application Support Center to have your fingerprints and/or photographs taken. The timing of your appointment is determined by the number of applicants ahead of you that also need a biometric appointment. We try to schedule biometric appointments as quickly as possible and in most cases you will receive your appointment notice within 30 days of submitting your application. We will send your appointment notice approximately 14 days ahead of your scheduled appointment. It is important that you keep this appointment. If absolutely necessary, you can request that your appointment be rescheduled however, please be aware that rescheduling may delay the processing of your application. Please follow the instructions on your appointment notice if you need to reschedule. Occasionally, you may receive an appointment notice to appear at an Application Support Center to have your fingerprints taken when you have filed a form other than those listed above. In these situations, you may receive your appointment notice more than 30 days after submitting your application or petition.

• Log-in to your myUSCIS account to view your case history and understand what you can expect to happen next on your case.
  • Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at under Check Processing Times.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

Edited by saudiwife

09/19/2011- We met
10/15/2011- SA proposed marriage
11/04/2011- We married in an intimate affair

03/26/2012- We mailed I-130 I-765 I-485 (SNAIL MAIL)
03/29/2012- Confirmation of delivery to the Chicago Lockbox Office

04/19/2012- Processed on April 19, 2012 AOS from F-1 Visa
04/19/2012- Checks Cashed same day
04/27/2012- NOA hardcopy received.
04/30/2012- ASC appointment letter mailed out.

05/07/2012- Received ASC Biometrics Appointment Letter
05/25/2012- Biometrics done in Greer, South Carolina

06/06/2012- Email stating that our interview notification has been mailed out for the date of July 10, 2012 in Memphis, TN. Should be received in a few days. Nothing else regarding the EAD. Still waiting.

07/03/2012- I-765-EAD card production was ordered. Allotment of 30 days before receive.
07/10/2012- Interview at the USCIS Memphis, TN office at 1.30pm. We were approved on the spot. ALHAMDULILLAAH!!! :-)
07/13/2012- Received the 'work permit' came in the mailbox.
07/18/2012- Received the greencard in the mailbox. ALHAMDULILLAAH! :-)
07/20/2012- Applied for the Social Security number.
07/24/2012- Social Security number came in the mail. ALHAMDULILLAAH!!! :-)
07/30/2012- Applied for Tennessee driver's license and received the license. ALHAMDULILLAAH!!!! :-)

05/28/2014- We mailed the I-751 Removal of Conditions

06/13/2014- Received the NOA
06/17/2014- Received letter about Biometrics. Appointment is July 1, 2014 in Greer, SC.
06/26/2014- Did the Biometrics in downtown Nashville, TN instead of Greer, SC. (due to moving from NE TN to Nashville, TN)

12/03/2014- Case was moved from Vermont to California.

02/13/2015- Letter stating they need more proof of a bona fide relationship to be due back by May 14, 2015.

03/02/2015- Sent documentation to California.

04/13/2015- Received letter of congratulations for the removal of conditions and award of the 10 year green-card coming within 60 days.

04/17/2015- The letter and 10 year green card was received. Alhamdulillaah. Our USCIS journey is over since my husband will not apply for citizenship.

There has been several of these recently. I believe they are shifting the workload from Vermont to California since Vermont is so much slower right now.

The letter in the mail will have more details.

Lainie I think they transferred OP's case to local office for an interview. Because it has been almost 6 months for them, and transferring to CSC usually occurs first couple months after biometrics.

@saudiwife: it looks like you are gonna have an interview. Good luck.

Edited by NancyNguyen

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

Is your NOA date (Receipt Date on your NOA letter) is on June? Why don't you join June 2014 Filers thread here? http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/498765-i-751-june-2014-filers/?p=7370124

Most of June VSC filers are now transferred to CSC :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.