seanjoe

DV2015 UK Police Clearance London interview; time frames

22 posts in this topic

Thanks Susie.

Tried calling endlessly to about six numbers to contact the appointments line for London - I can never get to talk to anyone.

Does anyone know how to change the appointment time or talk to someone to check if a medical can be given 1-2 days after the interview? Any London applicants???

There is a UK forum on Visa Journey where you will find a lot of experience about the embassy and Knightsbridge. I lost the plot of who is getting a visa, who has had a medical exam, who hasn't, what you need to accomplish, and what your questions are. Who already had their exam? Why didn't your son (now sick) go with you? Why does he have to go back?

Can you lay it out better?

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Hi Nick,

Apologies you lost the plot.

We had our first medical at Knightsbridge on the 10th Dec, when the nurse there told us what we need and that we could get it done outside. So we (as of today) have got all the vaccinations done, and Knightsbridge agreed that we just need to send it via email. Today, my son was also due his final vaccinations, but since yesterday, he got a high fever, hence, he could not do his vacc. Now, he has to get well fully before getting his shots, which only leaves next week Mon and Tue.

After this date, Knightsbridge is closed till the 2nd Jan. So if he does not get better by next week, we can only give everything to them on Jan 2, then it should get to the embassy before our interview date on the 7th. But just in case, I wanted to ask the embassy (to be sure) whether it would be ok if we attended the interview in the event that the medicals were not ready.

Does that make sense?

Anyways, I finally found a contact form on the US embassy for IV and have sent them an email.

• 3 weeks later...

Got my DV approved,

see my reply here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/516878-successful-dv2015-interview/page-5#entry7416015

Over the moon.

Now I need a job!!!!

Thanks to all who helped.

Just a note: police clearance is only required if you are a citizen of a country and have lived there for a while PLUS the UK where we are applying from. This theory however did not hold true for my wife who is an Indian, and has lived there for more than 18 years, and I think this is actually to do with Reciprocity by country which I had a read on and not what the officer said, but he was a nice chappy.

Got my DV approved,

see my reply here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/516878-successful-dv2015-interview/page-5#entry7416015

Over the moon.

Now I need a job!!!!

Thanks to all who helped.

Just a note: police clearance is only required if you are a citizen of a country and have lived there for a while PLUS the UK where we are applying from. This theory however did not hold true for my wife who is an Indian, and has lived there for more than 18 years, and I think this is actually to do with Reciprocity by country which I had a read on and not what the officer said, but he was a nice chappy.

Congratulations !

Just to clarify your statement, which is not entirely correct, the dvselectee site is very clear that you need police certificates for any country that (since you were 16) you lived in for 12 months, or 6 months if current country. It is not only if you are a citizen. This is subject to the reciprocity rules. India does not issue police certificates to people not currently resident there iirc, which would explain why your wife didn't need one.

Hi Susie,

My turn to correct you. India does issue police clearance. They have issued twice to me (NZ citizen) and twice to my wife( UK citizen). ie. I applied twice.

Ok, so I recalled incorrectly ;)

It's still not true that you only need them if you are a citizen....

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/diversity-visa/if-you-are-selected/prepare-supporting-documents.html

Edit: I checked the reciprocity pages. They state that non-Indians cannot get an Indian police record if they are outside India. You may have managed to do it, but the consulates will go by the guidance on the reciprocity pages.

Indian Police Clearance Certificates should be obtained as follows:

All Indian nationals aged 16 and above, residing in India, should obtain police clearance certificates from the Regional Passport Office.

Indian passport holders residing outside India should obtain a statement from their local Indian Embassy, Consulate, High Commission, or Deputy High Commission confirming they have no criminal record.

Non-Indian applicants residing in India who are registered with the Foreigner Regional Registration Office (FRRO) should obtain police certificates from the FRRO serving their area of residence.

Non-Indian applicants residing in India who are not registered with the FRRO, such as foreigners holding Overseas Citizen of India status, should obtain police clearance certificates from the District Police Station serving their area of residence.

Indian police certificates are not available for foreign (non-Indian) applicants residing outside India.

Edited by SusieQQQ

Hi Susie,

Yeah, thanks. I read those conditions for the Indian PCC and from that, its obvious it would not be needed. Its funny though, but the Indian embassy in London does issue a PCC if requested to non-nationals. Anyways, I just took it just in case it was requested.

Anyways, I'm a happy bunny and am still thankful for your help.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.