seanjoe

DV2015 UK Police Clearance London interview; time frames

22 posts in this topic

Hi all,

First of all, this is a great forum and amazing yet again what google searches come up with.

I could use some help and I know there are elements of my query on the posts.

I have got an interview at the US embassy in London on 7th Jan, and I have scheduled my medical for 12th Dec. (next week). I applied for the police clearance as soon as I got the interview email; however, I'm pretty sure that my police clearance for UK will only arrive after the 12th, probably the following week. I already have a previous NZ and Indian police clearance, but 2 questions here: I think we don't need a Indian one as something about reciprocity by country? I'm a NZ national. Second question: the NZ record is valid indefinitely? as long as we don't go to return there permanently? Are these statements correct?

Finally, if I don't have the UK police clearance cert in time for the medical, would they agree to have it sent via email or shown once it has been received or do you think its better to reschedule the medical. My only issue is that the time gap between 12th dec ad 7th Jan (taking into account holidays) is not much.

ANy help on any/all of the above would be highly appreciated.

With regards to vaccinations; my child has his red book and he does not have the hepatitis B vaccine; is this mandatory for kids; he is now just under 3 years.

As far as my wife's record is concerned, she was in India and there is no chance of getting those records; any help from any Indian nationals?

Thanks

sean

Filed: Country: South Africa
Timeline

I was also concerend that I did not have any vaccination records from SOuth Africa. When I had my medical in London a couple of months ago they just asked me a few questions about vaccinations (I didn't really have any accurate information or records). The nurse asked me if I would like to have the required vaccinations there or go to my own doctor...I said there and ended up only getting two jabs. They provided me with the necessary documentation which apparently has to accompny you to the US and added a record to the file which is sent to the US Embassy in London...quite simple really.

The UK police certificates from ACPO are pretty fast, even if you didn't pay to expedite. 10 days maybe?

London website says NZ is valid as long as you don't return to the country (even visit) since it's issue date.

I love the way this Canadian doctor shows immunizations needed by age group. It is correct for all immigrants, not just Canada. You should be able to use it to figure out what your family is required to have. http://www.panelphysicians.com/Pages/Immunizations.htm

Your wife can try to get shots from her NHS doctor for free prior to her medical or she can pay at the exam.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Not sure if that link to the medical is that accurate.

It says for 18-64 year olds that influenza vaccine is needed, but the pdf chart states that that age group does NOT need it.

The police certs have not arrived; guess it might be prudent to ask the medical clinic if I can still come and just send the police cert when it arrives?

Has anyone tried this before.

I don't want to change the date on the embassy date as this would be difficult to reschedule. From what I can gather here, the staff at the embassy seem to be quite friendly?

Not sure if that link to the medical is that accurate.

It says for 18-64 year olds that influenza vaccine is needed, but the pdf chart states that that age group does NOT need it.

The police certs have not arrived; guess it might be prudent to ask the medical clinic if I can still come and just send the police cert when it arrives?

Has anyone tried this before.

I don't want to change the date on the embassy date as this would be difficult to reschedule. From what I can gather here, the staff at the embassy seem to be quite friendly?

Not sure what PDF chart you are referring to, but if it is the one on the London embassy website that has been out of date since 2009 on HPV and Rotovirus. The seasonal flu requirements changed in November 2010 to include everyone 6 months and older. Correct chart from the CDC website http://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/exams/ti/panel/vaccination-panel-technical-instructions.html#tbl1

You can ask Knightsbridge about the police certificate. They use it to see of you have any drug/alcohol related offenses which might trigger them to give you a drug screening on the spot, which is not routinely given. Or it might prompt them to ask you further questions about alcohol consumption or behaviors. So if you were not there when they found out the info later...I don't know how they would feel about that. It is something they came up with a few years ago when the new mental health screening guidelines came out. (That includes addictions, substance abuse). They could choose to make an exception for you. It may be better to show up without it rather than ask permission so they don't cancel your appointment. Then when they see what a decent looking dude you are, they won't need to check your record. We used to get exams without a police certificate.

Yes, the embassy staff are friendly.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Thanks Nick,

Yes, I will just keep the appt. and then fax through the police clearance when I get it (I mean to Knightsbridge doctors).

they have said it will be fine.

So fingers crossed.

Now need to start making all the copies of the school certificates, bla bla bla.

Thanks Nick,

Yes, I will just keep the appt. and then fax through the police clearance when I get it (I mean to Knightsbridge doctors).

they have said it will be fine.

So fingers crossed.

Now need to start making all the copies of the school certificates, bla bla bla.

Note a very recent change is 4 passport photos instead of 1 for the medical exam. Not sure if you had seen that.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

yes, it was 3, and when i made the appt by tel. she told me 4. then she said the website is wrong for the vaccinations as per the posts above.

so i told her, please can you send me an email of confirmation and requirements. so she has sent that now. and said 4 photos; though it states it can be either UK or US style photos, as long as the 4 are identical - need to offload some excess UK photos in stock.

one more thing Nick: there was a query on for the interview: Evidence of support (Affidavit of support), which is about not being a public charge to the US, Does this mean we need to write up a statement or does it mean show bank statements?

yes, it was 3, and when i made the appt by tel. she told me 4. then she said the website is wrong for the vaccinations as per the posts above.

so i told her, please can you send me an email of confirmation and requirements. so she has sent that now. and said 4 photos; though it states it can be either UK or US style photos, as long as the 4 are identical - need to offload some excess UK photos in stock.

one more thing Nick: there was a query on for the interview: Evidence of support (Affidavit of support), which is about not being a public charge to the US, Does this mean we need to write up a statement or does it mean show bank statements?

Some clarification on the three photos you mention:

Previous - 2 photos to interview, 1 to medical

Now - 2 photos to interview, 4 to medical

Interview photos must be US size.

I really don't know anything about public charge for a DV lottery, but I would expect proof of finances would need bank statements and not just your word. I am only familiar with process where an American proves income for a spouse, fiancé, or relative.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Just to advise that I had my medical and a few points: They allowed us to do all the tests and asked for the police clearance to be faxed through. We also had the option to get the other tests done separately and fax it through - and believe me, have a chat with your gp first to see if you can some of these done on the nhs/your doctor as its a lot cheaper. the only one you may struggle with is the 4th DTaP for a child (he is under 3) and the US want this done at an accelerated rate as compared to the UK - would you believe it...NOT ONE single doctor (private or NHS) would do this; so back to the Knightsbridge to get this done.

However, they were very friendly.

Update:

So I had all the vaccinations done by gp, etc and the last set of vacc. for wife and child were for tomorrow, the 18th dec. i was then going to take all the results tomorrow itself to knightsbridge doctors so that they could send it off before the holidays. now my dilemma is that my child is sick so i can only take him next week or latest the 2nd jan (as the doctors are closed from 24th to 1st Jan).

My interview is on the 7th jan. worst case scenario, all medicals would be complete by jan 2nd. so in this case, would the medicals result reach the embassy before the 7th?

Any UK/London based applicants know or anyone else have any idea???

Update:

So I had all the vaccinations done by gp, etc and the last set of vacc. for wife and child were for tomorrow, the 18th dec. i was then going to take all the results tomorrow itself to knightsbridge doctors so that they could send it off before the holidays. now my dilemma is that my child is sick so i can only take him next week or latest the 2nd jan (as the doctors are closed from 24th to 1st Jan).

My interview is on the 7th jan. worst case scenario, all medicals would be complete by jan 2nd. so in this case, would the medicals result reach the embassy before the 7th?

Any UK/London based applicants know or anyone else have any idea???

Have you called the doctors and asked them?

With hindsight being a good teacher, I guess scenarios like this are why it may be better to let the panel doctors handle everything even if the cost is higher.

You will need to check if you are allowed to keep your appointment without the medicals, too. Some consulates /embassies will let you do the interview and send the medical results later, but others do not allow applicants in without medicals. I am not sure of what London's approach is, I suspect you'll be ok as I think it is the busier IV units that may be stricter, but do check in advance.

Filed: Country: South Africa
Timeline

Instructions from Knightsbridge Doctors:

You will be attending 4 Bentinck Mansions, Bentinck St, W1U 2ER (Map B in the online medical pack):

http://london.usembassy.gov/immigrant-visas/medical-examination.html

You must bring the following for each person attending:

*Passport or UK Driving Licence (photocard not paper licence)

*4 X Identical Passport sized photo UK or US size (please note this has recently increased and may not be updated on the online medical packs)

*ACPO Police certificate (or a copy) dated within 12 months for anyone 16 years of age & over

*Vaccination records if you have any if you do not please do not worry as the nurse will go over this with you on the day of the examination.

*Completed medical questionnaire (on the above link provided) Must fill out FULL UK address. Please also bring along FULL US intended address

*A Letter/Email from the embassy with your case number and the visa catergory confirmed

*GP Reports covering any medical conditions, disabilites, prior serious illnesses you have been treated for or anything ongoing. If you are generally fit and well and do not have any of the above then you would not require a full medical history fromm your GP.

If you have lodged your application through the NVC in America you MUST have had confirmation from the London US Embassy that the application has been received----if your medical is done before the application has been received this may cause you further delays and in some cases new medicals maybe required.

Please note payment for the medical will need to be paid on the day by cash or card (we do not accept cheque or Amex). if you wish to change or cancel the appointment please allow 3 working days notice to avoid the cancellation fee of £95.

Have you called the doctors and asked them?

With hindsight being a good teacher, I guess scenarios like this are why it may be better to let the panel doctors handle everything even if the cost is higher.

You will need to check if you are allowed to keep your appointment without the medicals, too. Some consulates /embassies will let you do the interview and send the medical results later, but others do not allow applicants in without medicals. I am not sure of what London's approach is, I suspect you'll be ok as I think it is the busier IV units that may be stricter, but do check in advance.

Thanks Susie.

Tried calling endlessly to about six numbers to contact the appointments line for London - I can never get to talk to anyone.

Does anyone know how to change the appointment time or talk to someone to check if a medical can be given 1-2 days after the interview? Any London applicants???

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.