CoconutMan

Bringing sister from Honduras

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Honduras
Timeline

I am a naturalized US citizen (7 years) and I have been trying for a while to bring my sister to the US from Honduras. I completed the I-130 and did not receive a response until recently. It’s a letter of intent to deny.

My sister is not able to provide most of the information they are requesting:

+ We have the same father but different mothers.

+ She has an original birth certificate that has already been submitted.

+ There are no family childhood photos.

+ There are no financial records showing support during childhood.

+ The father is no longer living.

+ My sister and I are 15 years apart so we did not grow up together.

The only thing I can see as an option now is affidavits and a DNA test.

Has anyone had any experience with providing these items? Any suggestions? Or should I just get an immigration attorney?

I was only given until December 5, 2014, to provide the evidence requested. Will I have to reapply for the I-130 to submit the new evidence when I can get it?

Thanks for reading.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

You have an uphill battle, I assume both birth certificates have been provided. Is there anything showing you lived in the same place if you did ? Is there anything showing your father lived in both places ? Did he marry either mother ? Where they registered in any organization ?

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Reply with a DNA evidence before December 5th..That is the only way out and see whether any immigration lawyer can help you out with sending the response to USCIS...

Good Luck

Meanwhile check this ...

If you are a U.S. citizen seeking permanent resident status for your brother or sister, and you have the same father but different mothers, you must file the following items with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services:

ball.gifForm I-130, Petition for Alien Relative
ball.gifA copy of your birth certificate showing your name and your father's name
ball.gifIf you were not born in the United States, a copy of either
ball.gifyour Certificate of Naturalization or Citizenship or
ball.gif your U.S. passport
ball.gifA copy of your brother's or sister's birth certificate showing his or her name and your father's name
ball.gifIf anyone's name has been legally changed (if it differs from the name on his or her birth certificate), evidence of the name change must be submitted
ball.gifA copy of your father's marriage certificate to each mother
ball.gifA copy of any divorce decrees, death certificates, or annulment decrees showing that any previous marriages entered into by your parents or your sibling's parents ended legally

Edited by Visa Grant

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.