11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey guys!

My K1 visa interview is in 2 days at the MTL Consulate. All documents, medical exam, photos are ready. I'm just nervous and very very anxious as I don't know what to expect when I get there. I have been told to be there at 7:40 am (I'll be going from Ottawa). Anyone got any last minute suggestion for me? What should I expect there at 7:40 am. What happens next. Do I get a serial number or something? Are they going to let people inside right away? (It's supposed to be really cold!) Usually what's the waiting period? Do they usually finish by noon? Any advice, tips, suggestion would be truly appreciated! Thank you so much you guys. Wish me luck!

Timeline

I heard they only open at 8:30, but you should arrive early because the time you were assigned doesn't matter it's first come first serve. No cell phone, no bags, except your folder with documents.

I'd suggest a warm coat, gloves, scarf. It is really cold.

*** I am the beneficiary ***

laB4m4.png

K-1 Visa Timeline!

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

I-129F Sent : 2014-02-10

NOA1 : 2014-02-18

NOA2 USCIS Notification - Hardcopy : 2014-08-11 (174 days)

Case received by NVC: 2014-08-15

Case number assigned: 2014-08-27

Case left NVC to consulate: 2014-08-28

Received by consulate: 2014-09-08

Received Packet 3: 2014-09-12

Sent Packet 3: 2014-12-05

Received Packet 4: 2014-12-11

Medical: 2015-01-19

Interview Date: 2015-02-06 (APPROVED)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Check this out, it will give you ALL the information you need and LOTS more. Good luck!!!!

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Canada&cty=&dfilter=5

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

You should check out the interview thread and read peoples experience. My interview is on MONDAY!!!! everything is ready for me too….but like you i am nervous...

in summary… you go there…enter the embassy after you show you have an appointment (letter) -- show your loomis confirmation --- go through security….take the elevators to 19th floor, stand in the very back… the door opens on the other side, exit go to the visa receptionist, they will check certain things (like passport etc), give you a number then you sit down…..you will be called again to another window (generally number 1), where you will submit a lot of your paperwork, also may be fingerprinted, then you go sit back down, then wait….and then you are called to Window no 7…where you will be interviewed for less than 5-10 min…with questions ranging from how did you meet? what does the petitioner do?etc..then you will get approved…. and then you leave…and your passport with the visa is mailed to you.

apparently it can take upto 2 weeks to get your visa in the passport, though generally most people get it in a week or so.. One you are approved, then you go into Administrative Processing, then you get an ISSUED sign (on the CEAC website) which means your visa has been sent out witht he courier and then you get it.

And no, i have to go through this all myself…. LOL on monday… but this is a summary of what i could get from other peoples experience...

7:40 AM… :wow: …. in the montreal COLD weather….well you better bundle up and sit in the car….or go into a restaurant….and sit there until the doors open for the embassy….

And lastly….BEST OF LUCK!!!!!! :goofy::goofy::goofy::goofy::goofy::goofy::goofy::goofy::goofy: .. smile be strong and happy. it will all work out… i know the feeling... i am nervous too… LOL

Hey guys!

My K1 visa interview is in 2 days at the MTL Consulate. All documents, medical exam, photos are ready. I'm just nervous and very very anxious as I don't know what to expect when I get there. I have been told to be there at 7:40 am (I'll be going from Ottawa). Anyone got any last minute suggestion for me? What should I expect there at 7:40 am. What happens next. Do I get a serial number or something? Are they going to let people inside right away? (It's supposed to be really cold!) Usually what's the waiting period? Do they usually finish by noon? Any advice, tips, suggestion would be truly appreciated! Thank you so much you guys. Wish me luck!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Wow, I remember helping you in October? It felt like it was just yesterday, December just creeped up on us!

If you go to my timeline and read my review of MTL I pretty much outlined everything that happened. I forgot to mention that when they took my fiance's police certificate they also took his medical stuff and his birth certificate. There's no option to edit reviews :|

K-1

I-129F NOA1 => NOA2: 161 days

NOA2 => Interview: 64 days

AP: 33 days

Total: 258 days

AOS

I-485 NOA => GC: 333 days

No Interview

ROC

07/30/2017: Package Sent

08/01/2017: NOA

09/07/2017: Biometrics

12/04/2018: Approved! 490 days

Timeline

Thank you so much you guys. I'm looking through all the reviews. Very worried about the cold though. It says 7:40 am is my appointment time but I plan to be there by 6:30 and freeze till the doors open. My dad will drive me there, leaving from Ottawa at 4 am. I decided not to stay there a day before as I had planned initially coz I have feeling the anticipation of 24 hours would have killed me. Nothing gets me sick to my stomach like interviews and exams! The Loomis confirmation is basically the appointment confirmation right? Where it says the Loomis location? Or is this a different document that I'm missing. Do you think I'll be done by 11 am? Just asking coz I gotta confirm my ride back home as I won't have my phone on me.. are there pay phones around? Thank you guys! I'm so nervous :(

Wow, I remember helping you in October? It felt like it was just yesterday, December just creeped up on us!

If you go to my timeline and read my review of MTL I pretty much outlined everything that happened. I forgot to mention that when they took my fiance's police certificate they also took his medical stuff and his birth certificate. There's no option to edit reviews :|

Heyyyy!!! Yes, you have been so helpful to me through out this whole process. Can't believe it's December already and time for my interview. Crazy! I picked up my medical stuff from Medisys last week. They gave me 2 envelope tied together with an elastic band. I didn't even touch it after the lady said do not open it. When they ask for medicals, should I give them both envelopes? My photos have stamps in the back that says what date they were taken, which was 2 weeks ago. Would that be a problem? I asked them to put the date on just in case but I wasn't sure if that's the right thing to do.

Timeline

Another question that I have is my birth certificate is from Bangladesh. And I don't have a long form birth certificate, I have the small one. I haven't been living in Canada for 15 years. Had to go through a whole lot of hoops to get my birth certificate from Bangladesh when we started the process. Do you think it would be a problem? I'm worried about it.. In Bangladesh they didn't really do a good job back in the 80s and 90s to keep records apparently.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thank you so much you guys. I'm looking through all the reviews. Very worried about the cold though. It says 7:40 am is my appointment time but I plan to be there by 6:30 and freeze till the doors open. My dad will drive me there, leaving from Ottawa at 4 am. I decided not to stay there a day before as I had planned initially coz I have feeling the anticipation of 24 hours would have killed me. Nothing gets me sick to my stomach like interviews and exams! The Loomis confirmation is basically the appointment confirmation right? Where it says the Loomis location? Or is this a different document that I'm missing. Do you think I'll be done by 11 am? Just asking coz I gotta confirm my ride back home as I won't have my phone on me.. are there pay phones around? Thank you guys! I'm so nervous :(

6:30 is too early!! Don't freeze to death, try showing up at like 7:00-7:15.

Loomis is the mail carrier service that sends you back your passport, did you pick a Loomis location closest to your home for your passport pick up? If so, when your visa is issued Loomis will send you a confirmation on the CSC visa website with the tracking number.

You'll definitely be done by 11am if you get there first thing in the morning and you're one of the first people to get your interview done. We were done by like 9:30-ish.

Heyyyy!!! Yes, you have been so helpful to me through out this whole process. Can't believe it's December already and time for my interview. Crazy! I picked up my medical stuff from Medisys last week. They gave me 2 envelope tied together with an elastic band. I didn't even touch it after the lady said do not open it. When they ask for medicals, should I give them both envelopes? My photos have stamps in the back that says what date they were taken, which was 2 weeks ago. Would that be a problem? I asked them to put the date on just in case but I wasn't sure if that's the right thing to do.

One of the envelopes is the CD with your x-rays, if you're afraid to mess with it just give them both, they'll give you the one they don't want back (my husband did this actually, he was afraid too). The dates on the photos are fine.

Another question that I have is my birth certificate is from Bangladesh. And I don't have a long form birth certificate, I have the small one. I haven't been living in Canada for 15 years. Had to go through a whole lot of hoops to get my birth certificate from Bangladesh when we started the process. Do you think it would be a problem? I'm worried about it.. In Bangladesh they didn't really do a good job back in the 80s and 90s to keep records apparently.

As long as it's an original certified copy of the birth certificate it should be okay. Does your birth certificate have an English translation by someone proficient in both languages?

Good luck!!

K-1

I-129F NOA1 => NOA2: 161 days

NOA2 => Interview: 64 days

AP: 33 days

Total: 258 days

AOS

I-485 NOA => GC: 333 days

No Interview

ROC

07/30/2017: Package Sent

08/01/2017: NOA

09/07/2017: Biometrics

12/04/2018: Approved! 490 days

Timeline

As long as it's an original certified copy of the birth certificate it should be okay. Does your birth certificate have an English translation by someone proficient in both languages?

Good luck!!

It's in English and it's notarized. Had to pay a huge amount of money to get it done. It is a certified copy with government seal and everything. However, it does say that it was certified/made this year. Is that a problem? Am I totally screwed... -_-

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Good luck with your interview, and maybe you should check these just to ger ready,

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/440805-k1-visa-interview-questions/

however my friend never got asked dyring her interview and she got her visa the next day, hope for everyone here defying distance to have an easy journey

Timeline

Last minute panicky moment. I was previously married. I only need to bring my divorce order and divorce certificate with me, right? Not my previous marriage certificate? I'm going through packet 4 checklist over and over and I just noticed I don't have a marriage certificate! Only divorce certificate! As they took my marriage certificate when I filed for divorce. Someone please answer. Thank you so much

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.