Mr. Big Dog

Ferguson Protester Accidentally Burns Down Own House

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Some justice. Finally. :whistle:

Ferguson Protester Accidentally Burns Down Own House

burnhouseownferguson-257x171.jpg

A protester in Ferguson, Missouri accidentally burned down his own house last night after mistaking the building for a convenience store.

According to a report in the Ferguson Post-Gazette, 32-year-old Tyler Jackson threw a Molotov cocktail into a window not realizing he was setting ablaze his own residence. The home, which was empty at the time, subsequently burned to the ground.

“It was dark. I got all turned around. I thought it was a 7-11 or something,” he told the newspaper.

Witnesses describe Jackson shouting expletives after he realized what he had done. He then tried to put out the flames himself with a garden hose, but eventually called 911 and asked the fire department for aid.

“They told me they were too busy with other fires to come help,” he lamented. “I couldn’t believe it. I mean we pay these people’s salaries! What do you mean you're too busy?

“A black person’s house burns down and suddenly you’re ‘too busy’ to put the fire out? This is what racism in America looks like.”

Ferguson was the site of a controversial shooting on Aug. 9 when Michael Brown, an 18-year-old unarmed black teenager, was shot by police officer Darren Wilson.

Protests have raged in the town after a grand jury refused to indict Wilson on Monday. Although the majority of protests have been peaceful, a substantial minority of protesters have attacked law enforcement officers, looted stores and set fire to buildings.

These attacks have been called self-defeating because they usually target stores located in their own community and owned by local businesspeople. The damage has been compounded by the fact that many fires go unattended due to concerns for the firefighter’s safety.

Nevertheless sources say Jackson is considering filing a civil rights lawsuit against the fire department for not responding to the blaze.

“If it weren't for those racist firefighters I’d still have a home,” he says.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I still cannot understand how VJ allows baiting threads such as this? If you take the bait and does this mean you are exempt from administrative action and such?

I just don't understand. I am allowed to post any article….even false ones as long as I did not write it?

Is a lie a current event or a hot social topic?

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

The Currant is a bona fine source of satyre and made up stuff, not unlike Fox News. It's just for fun, not meant to be taken seriously.

I still cannot understand how VJ allows baiting threads such as this? If you take the bait and does this mean you are exempt from administrative action and such?

I just don't understand. I am allowed to post any article….even false ones as long as I did not write it?

Edited by JohnR!

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

This place is over 90% bait threads. Take a look at the last 5 threads on Ferguson. None of them are here to foster honest debating or discussion.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

This place is over 90% bait threads. Take a look at the last 5 threads on Ferguson. None of them are here to foster honest debating or discussion.

I know, but at least most are legit articles. The same can be said with what you post up.

If this was the "satire" section I could see them allowing them.

Filed: Timeline

Most are articles out of the RWNJ blog sphere. I wouldn't necessarily call them legit. One of them actually created outrage in the right wing nut job scene running with a story they picked up from the National Report. Believe our middle-of-the-road-man NB posted that one and nearly blew a gasket in outrage. :rofl:

I know, but at least most are legit articles. The same can be said with what you post up.

If this was the "satire" section I could see them allowing them.

My articles aren't bait. Some people just don't have the same level of interest when a criminal doesn't look a certain way.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg