3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi VJ!

I was thinking if any of you is/was in the same situation with my fiancee and I.

My fiancee is currently unemployed but worked part-time for 2 mos this year (August to September 2014). She has been long unemployed and has been living under her dad's roof - meaning, her dad has been providing for her (until now) her basic needs. When we met, that's when she decided she wants to work and be independent so we could be together and worked only 2 months to finance her vacation when she visited me here in the Philippines for 2 months.

So our question is, when she files for her 2014 tax return, the ITR for 2014 is close to none. The thing is, we want to start K1 as soon as she gets a job as she plans to find one ASAP when she gets back to the US this December. What are our chances?

Will we be denied since our 2014 ITR isn't really sufficient? Or can we do something about it if we show them the following:

Insufficient 2014 ITR, current paystubs (future 2015 job), Certificate of Employment with specified monthly salary on it, bank statement?

Since she will still be living with her dad until everything is complete, all her salary will be put to her savings as she is not paying any rent, mortgage, etc.

Is this possible? Or do we really need to wait for 2015's ITR which means we have to file on 2016 the earliest?

I appreciate anyone's response on this inquiry.

Thank you so much!

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

USEM will want to see verifiable proof that her income meets the 125% poverty guidelines of the I-864P, without a tax return & W-2 that gets difficult. Best you can do is get settled in a job and have a letter from the employer stating her type of employment and gross yearly salary, then include copies of as many pay stubs as possible.

Last option, which is difficult at USEM for the K-1, is a co-sponsor. USEM may consider a co-sponsor if that person is a close relative (dad is good ;) ) ... but that is still a BIG maybe.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.