meblue

After N400 approval

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I still have all of my immigration related documents dating back about 15 years. I suppose I could do some purging or perhaps scan it all to some PDF files. I think keeping the documentation in some form indefinitely is a good idea.

I see you already had your oath ceremony and your now a US citizen.

I am not an expert, but I cannot see any reason to keep copies of the paperwork that you previously submitted to USCIS (to include a copy of the N-400) ... And those letters you received previously telling of your case acceptance, bio date, oath date, and such serve no purpose anymore either.

Hey, you a US citizen now!

The only piece of paper I would keep forever in a safe place is your official Certificate of Naturalization.

Naturalization (3-year marriage rule)

07 / 08 / 14 .. ..N-400 Application Sent
07 / 21 / 14
.. ..Case Acceptance Letter Received

07 / 26 / 14 .. ..Biometrics Notification Letter Received

08 / 06 / 14 .. ..Biometrics Complete
09 / 09 / 14 .. . .Interview Notification Letter Received

10 / 14 / 14 .. ..Interview Complete .(requested additional documentation)
11 / 04 / 14
.. ..Supervisory Review of Case

11 / 28 / 14 .. . Oath Ceremony Letter Received

12 / 05 / 14 . . . Oath Ceremony Complete ... New US Citizen !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nepal
Timeline

I'd delete/trash everything and do a FOIA request. That way, all your immigration records will be mailed to you in form of a CD. You can just keep that as a record of your immigration journey.

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.