natty bumppo

Amazing Familial Coincidences and Stories

2 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

We all have some amazing stories about our families.

I recently had a discussion about twins with a friend. He indicated he and his wife couldn't comprehend having twins as they looked upon their little guy doing what little guys do.

So I'll start with what I shared ...

Twins aren't so bad (my guys are now 6 years old). Or maybe it's just because they run in my family and dealing with them is genetic on my part (our twins are her fault :luv: ). My great grandmother was an identical, my grandfather was an identical ... and now I have fraternal. To be honest ... I kinda enjoy the challenge. So yes ... I suggest changing the look from sheer horror to one of challenge accepted.

Got a story for you ...

I'm a late in life dad and so was my grandfather. I received a picture from distant family back in August of my grandfather when he was about 19 yrs old. The picture was taken with a friend in his USN uniform, I'm guessing 1910 given the rank (i have his early years service record). The look on his face .... the expression ... the physical resemblance ... is my youngest. I have seen that look almost every day. I did the math on my grandfathers age and mine when my dad was born. My grandfather turned 47 2.5 weeks after dad was born, I turned 47 2.5 months after the twins were born. Years between my grandfathers birth and my boys is 117.

There is a lot more family history concerning my grandfather and his twin. They both did 27 yrs in the USN, served in WWI and WWII. Both retired as Chief Warrant Officers. They did okay for themselves. My grandfathers original duty station was the USS Constellation. No boot camp, just report for duty on a sloop of war (I have his tri-fold leather/ oil paper service log. Complete with physical descriptions/ thumbprint and pay records). It's kinda cool.

The challenge ... post your story.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Papa T-B. and Uncle T-B. were twins. Both have died. When Mrs. T-B. became pregnant with the eventual Mini-Bone, we decided to name him after Papa & Uncle T-B.

Mini-B. was born on the 34th anniversary of Grandma T-B.'s death -- her first male great-grandchild, named for her two deceased sons.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).