baby0916

Certificate of Marriage from NSO

10 posts in this topic

Good eve guys,

I just have one concern.We get married in CA last 2012 a civil marriage then we have our church wedding here in the Phil last year 2013. My interview is scheduled this coming Monday Dec 1. My concern is do the CO will still ask my certificate of marriage from NSO? I dont have it right now. Our lawyer didn't inform us about it that we need to provide a copy of it. Hoping the CO will not ask for it. Anyone same situation with me? Thanks guys!

Edited by baby0916

Hi i think that since you got married in the states the first time that really matters cuz they can see the marriage certificate from California as proof but you never know in the Philippines

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from IR1/CR1 Process to Phil. Regional Forum~

~Inquiry about country-specific process~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Good eve guys,

I just have one concern.We get married in CA last 2012 a civil marriage then we have our church wedding here in the Phil last year 2013. My interview is scheduled this coming Monday Dec 1. My concern is do the CO will still ask my certificate of marriage from NSO? I dont have it right now. Our lawyer didn't inform us about it that we need to provide a copy of it. Hoping the CO will not ask for it. Anyone same situation with me? Thanks guys!

When in doubt, follow the embassy instructions letter, your marriage certificate is from California... but then you may get a CO that hasn't read the instructions letter closely. ;)

3. MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE (if applicable). For Philippine marriages, copies must be issued
by the National Statistics Office (NSO) on security paper (not from the Local Civil Registry
Office). You may call the NSO Information Center at (632) 737-1111 to inquire about securing a
marriage certificate or visit their web site at http://www.census.gov.ph.

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/865058/instructionpackets/IV%20Applicants_%20Interview%20Preparation%20Instructions%20_as%20of%2017%20September%202013_%20without%20footer.pdf

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Thank you Teddy for your reply.Hopefully they won't ask it. Fingers crossed! :)

Thanks hank! I will try to call NSOhelpline to inquire about it. But what if they will ask certificate from NSo and I can't produce on the day of my interview,what will happen?

Hi, i would call the embassy help line so they can answer any questions you may have to know about

their numbers are (632)301-2000/5184 or 5185

Timeline

Thank you Teddy for your reply.Hopefully they won't ask it. Fingers crossed! :)

Thanks hank! I will try to call NSOhelpline to inquire about it. But what if they will ask certificate from NSo and I can't produce on the day of my interview,what will happen?

In order for you to have a marriage certificate recorded with NSO you would have needed to complete a Report Of Marriage and filed it with the consulate (in the USA) serving the state you were married in, if you did not do that your marriage will not be recorded in the Philippines. THUS the wording in the instructions letter ;)

If you want to contact the embassy for any reason:

Embassy Contact Information

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwhnv10.html

local number: 632-301-2000 extension 5184 or 5185 ( 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or ext 5185 )

The Embassy’s main trunk line 301-2000 is experiencing technical issues and prone to congestion. If your call can’t get through please use these numbers: 301-2166 or 301-2177

For visa appointment related inquiries, please contact the Embassy’s Visa Information and Appointment Service at (632) 982-5555 or (632) 902-8930.

** (703) 520-2235 (this is a USA number)

For inquiries on a specific case, please call the Immigrant Visa (IV) Unit's during normal business hours, except between 12:00 noon and 1:00 p.m.

NEW EMAIL ADDRESS

In order to serve our visa applicants more efficiently, we have created this new e-mail address:IVMNLAppointments@state.gov , for early appointment requests and visa scheduling issues. Please note, however, that early appointment requests will be approved on a case to case basis (i.e., aging out cases, or in cases involving personal or medical emergencies), and only if visa interview slots are available.

For other immigrant and K visa concerns, please send an e-mail to IVManilaReplies@state.gov

To enable us to electronically sort the messages and provide better, more timely responses, you should follow the instructions below.

The subject line of your email should indicate the visa applicant’s last name, first and middle name (ex. DOE, John James), case number/USCIS receipt number, visa category and priority date.

Messages should be limited to 500 characters or less. The mail size should not be more than 15 KB.

Do not submit documentation or attachments with your message as our system is unable to receive inquiries with attachments.

Do not send your inquiry more than once as duplicate inquiries will congest our system and delay our response time.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Thanks a lot guys. It really helps and ease my worries... Thank you again. Wish me luck on my interview... God bless!

One more thing guys, my wife is 7mos pregnant and I have photos of her and our baby. Would it be a plus and CO won't ask me a lot of questions and documents like CEMAR from NSO?

Timeline

If asked for CEMAR politely point out you were married in California, not the Philippines. If the CO halfway knows his stuff he will not ask for a CEMAR.

Photos are good, just not too many ;)

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.