drmrz93

Deported and applying to DV

20 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

There was a misdemeanor also that led to a deportation

so the denial should show was he only denied under 214B?

not being able to show non immigrant intent, or is the charges

being looked into also even if he did no jail/prison time.

OP your friend was not deported so your situation may seem the

same but it differs...I think a NIV you could try for is a work visa

I've seen two deported ppl return on those that had minor misdemeanors

Best you ask an atty who can look at your paper-work & advise you

the arrests & deportation is what goes against you

If there is/was another ineligibility because of the arrest, it also has a wavier that can be applied for...if the person is not denied 214b. The ineligibilities would also apply for work visas, but 214b doesn't apply to some of them, so you might at least be able to apply for a waiver.

question i have you said ( I entered the US in 2003 when I was 10 years old with my family under a visa waiver ) did your family not file for your green card? where are they now for me something not sound right you lived in usa 8 years went school, worked but once you got 18 they deport you sounds like many people failed you

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Why do you think they had a route to GC?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Country: Argentina
Timeline

@Boiler, exactly. We didn't have a route to GC especially because we were under a visa waiver (I-94). So unless my parents had married other people or applied for adjustment of status, which we didn't know was an option (although had it been an option they at least had to had some sort of technicall skill or college degree I think).

I never worked illegally in the US. I went to elementary, middle and high school but never worked. I think the best option would be for me to wait until I finish college and apply for a master's degree program in the US, wait until my mom becomes a US citizen, get married to a US citizen (which not an option right now), and/or work visa.

Thanks everybody for your responses.

Edited by drmrz93

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.