B-2-Z

"No available appointments" in Montreal

29 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It may be as simple as reuniting married families - those of us who are/were K1's may not agree but there's a case for that.

The waiting is heart breaking but once its done you don;t look back on it and the next phases once you';re together are so much easier. Of course easy for me to say 7 years later :)

I love that the K1 wait is so much shorter now - we literally applied in Jan '07 and they assigned interviews back then - ours was in Oct '07 - 10 months just about killed us

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

I always count my blessings for my fast trip. I think at the time, when i-130 were sent to local offices Denver was quick maybe because my husband is a veteran? Not sure. We were lucky none-the-less. :)

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Only 6 months back in 2004 for the cr-1...... Back then it was pretty even for cr-1 and k1...with the k1 still a bit faster.............

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

A new block from January 12-15th is available right now. Make sure to select the K1 option and pay as the Ready to Schedule option did not display a K1 choice for me.

Good luck!

S2BMZ - some appointments came up this morning (nothing at 8am, a few days showing available at 11am).

Log on and book one! I took the first day available which was the 13th. Good luck!

I am on my way to the US :) and running behind - sorry - January 13th.

Book em while you can. Don't worry about the time. First come first serve!

Edited by NLR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thank you all SO much!!! I was at work and my phone kept going off so I finally checked it and was able to book!

Met 2008. Moved in together 2010. Married 2015. Baby Z joined us 2017 . :wub:

AOS Timeline 350 days

May 31/15 - Sent AOS/EAD/AP to USCIS

June 4/15 - Email and text notifications they were recieved

June 10/15 - NOA1 for AOS/EAD/AP Dated June 1

June 17/15- Change of address confirmation

June 22/15- Biometrics appointment received

July 1/15- Biometrics appointment done(5 minute appointment, 8 hour round trip drive <_< )

August 5/15 - Change of address submitted for new location

August 8/15 - Mobile/E-mail notifications for approved EAD/AP :)

August 17/15 - Change of address confirmation after calling in

August 17/15 - EAD/AP Combo card mailed out(To the wrong address, and then lost by USPS)

September 3/15 - Contacted USCIS and was told to re-apply with a new application and fees?! Put in a service request online for lost card, and a complaint

September 8/15 - USPS found & returned card to USCIS

September 15/15 - Ombudsman contacted USCIS

September 17/15 - Card mailed back out

September 19/15 - EAD/AP Combo card finally in hand

September 22/15 - NPIW letter received, dated September 9/2015 estimated 6 month wait

October 13-21/15 - Traveled using AP to visit parents & ship the rest of our belongings out west

November 27-30/15 - Traveled using AP

December 28/15- RFE hard copy, waiting on documents from Canada

January 31-February 7/16 - Traveled using AP

February 10/16 - Sent in RFE, delivered Feb 16

April 16/16 - Service request filed, RFE was never updated online

May 12 - Approved email and status update dated May 10. Service request never was assigned or solved, though.

May 14 - Greencard in hand!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

February 18th for me, forgot to include that :) We're going away from Feb 1st-Feb 15th so we wanted to be sure my passport would be back

Met 2008. Moved in together 2010. Married 2015. Baby Z joined us 2017 . :wub:

AOS Timeline 350 days

May 31/15 - Sent AOS/EAD/AP to USCIS

June 4/15 - Email and text notifications they were recieved

June 10/15 - NOA1 for AOS/EAD/AP Dated June 1

June 17/15- Change of address confirmation

June 22/15- Biometrics appointment received

July 1/15- Biometrics appointment done(5 minute appointment, 8 hour round trip drive <_< )

August 5/15 - Change of address submitted for new location

August 8/15 - Mobile/E-mail notifications for approved EAD/AP :)

August 17/15 - Change of address confirmation after calling in

August 17/15 - EAD/AP Combo card mailed out(To the wrong address, and then lost by USPS)

September 3/15 - Contacted USCIS and was told to re-apply with a new application and fees?! Put in a service request online for lost card, and a complaint

September 8/15 - USPS found & returned card to USCIS

September 15/15 - Ombudsman contacted USCIS

September 17/15 - Card mailed back out

September 19/15 - EAD/AP Combo card finally in hand

September 22/15 - NPIW letter received, dated September 9/2015 estimated 6 month wait

October 13-21/15 - Traveled using AP to visit parents & ship the rest of our belongings out west

November 27-30/15 - Traveled using AP

December 28/15- RFE hard copy, waiting on documents from Canada

January 31-February 7/16 - Traveled using AP

February 10/16 - Sent in RFE, delivered Feb 16

April 16/16 - Service request filed, RFE was never updated online

May 12 - Approved email and status update dated May 10. Service request never was assigned or solved, though.

May 14 - Greencard in hand!

And on that note - are we able to visit the US between appointment and actually using the one time only visa? I use Nexus when I cross. Just wondering because we have some free time around then and could visit friends and places.

And on that note - are we able to visit the US between appointment and actually using the one time only visa? I use Nexus when I cross. Just wondering because we have some free time around then and could visit friends and places.

You might be able to, you'd have to ask. It may be okay because you use your NEXUS but it's up to the CBP. After you activate your visa I do not recommend leaving, even using your NEXUS, until you have your AP.

Thanks NLR - I was pretty sure that leaving the US until the AOS is completed was a bad idea (tough because my dad is aging and infirm, but I will insist with him that he stay well during that time :) ).

I will ask. Is the interview the time and place to ask such questions? I had already thought to ask about about what might be done should my dad fall gravely ill. The between having been granted the visa and actually using it just occurred to me.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes, once it is endorsed, for sure do not leave.....if something comes up..one can apply for an Emergency Advance parole

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

No the CO can't really inform you in what to do when it's under the CBP's jurisdiction and vice versa. The travel before endorsement is always a CBP issue. Some people have no issues and others do. That lack of travelling is part of the reason why we did not go the K1 route. In fact it's the major reason why. But emergency AP is there for you to apply for in and emergency, which hopefully will not pop up.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.