aalgingi

USCIS New Website showing empty case status

14 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello,

I filed i-130 for my spouse in may and got my NOA1 on 22nd of May. The only update that happened so for was a notification of address change, although i didn't request any address change. I called them regarding the address change but they said its probably an error with the system and i should be okay.

Now, since the new USCIS tracking website has been deployed, my case status is no longer showing any details. Whenever i put the receipt number is just displays "Your case status is : " and nothing after that

Is anyone having the same experience? any idea what that could be?

Thanks in advance for your response

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I would call them. Your approval should come soon unless you have RFE--most of the May i130 filers are already through USCIS and onto NVC--and a LOT of people have been having problems with the new tracking website.

Met in 2010 on a forum for a mutual interest. Became friends.
2011: Realized we needed to evaluate our status as friends when we realized we were talking about raising children together.

2011/2012: Decided we were a couple sometime in, but no possibility of being together due to being same sex couple.

June 26, 2013: DOMA overturned. American married couples ALL have the same federal rights at last! We can be a family!

June-September, 2013: Discussion about being together begins.

November 13, 2013: Meet in person to see if this could work. It's perfect. We plan to elope to Boston, MA.

March 13, 2014 Married!

May 9, 2014: Petition mailed to USCIS

May 12, 2014: NOA1.
October 27, 2014: NOA2. (5 months, 2 weeks, 1 day after NOA1)
October 31, 2014: USCIS ships file to NVC (five days after NOA2) Happy Halloween for us!

November 18, 2014: NVC receives our case (22 days after NOA2)

December 17, 2014: NVC generates case number (50 days after NOA2)

December 19, 2014: Receive AOS bill, DS-261. Submit DS-261 (52 days after NOA2)

December 20, 2014: Pay AOS Fee

January 7, 2015: Receive, pay IV Fee

January 10, 2015: Complete DS-260

January 11, 2015: Send AOS package and Civil Documents
March 23, 2015: Case Complete at NVC. (70 days from when they received docs to CC)

May 6, 2015: Interview at Montréal APPROVED!

May 11, 2015: Visa in hand! One year less one day from NOA1.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

this is the message i have been getting since they updated the uscis website, my pd is january 27 and i still have'nt gotten my NOA2. so hang in there, hopefully it means they are working on our case. (one can only hope).

Validation Error(s)
You must correct the following error(s) before proceeding:
  • At this time USCIS cannot provide you with information for your case. Please contact the NCSC 1 (800) 375-5283 for additional information

I would call them. Your approval should come soon unless you have RFE--most of the May i130 filers are already through USCIS and onto NVC--and a LOT of people have been having problems with the new tracking website.

I already called USCIS and they said that this is the latest update they have on the case. They also said its going beyond the average processing time. I also put in an e-REQUEST but didn't hear anything yet. Its almost been 20 days since i filed the e-REQUEST. Any idea how can i follow up on the e-REQUEST?

Thanks for the replay

this is the message i have been getting since they updated the uscis website, my pd is january 27 and i still have'nt gotten my NOA2. so hang in there, hopefully it means they are working on our case. (one can only hope).

Validation Error(s)

You must correct the following error(s) before proceeding:

• At this time USCIS cannot provide you with information for your case. Please contact the NCSC 1 (800) 375-5283 for additional information

Woww, January 27!! you should have got your NOA-2 by now. Did you try to call them to ask why its taking so long?

I hope you hear good news soon :)

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Woww, January 27!! you should have got your NOA-2 by now. Did you try to call them to ask why its taking so long?

I hope you hear good news soon :)

yeah in august it said my address was changed but no one changed it, called them and they said thats cuz it was moved to another department, made numerous e request and phone calls only to hear that they are doing additional background checks, the senators office cant help and the congress office was no help either, neither myself or my husband have nothing on us not even a speeding ticket, dont know what all this is about.

so dont worry about urs it will come soon.

yeah in august it said my address was changed but no one changed it, called them and they said thats cuz it was moved to another department, made numerous e request and phone calls only to hear that they are doing additional background checks, the senators office cant help and the congress office was no help either, neither myself or my husband have nothing on us not even a speeding ticket, dont know what all this is about.

what about i-129f? did you try to file this form as well?

ok i have the same as ur case but i file on April 18 and everything happen to ur case happen to my case i guess we just have to Waite , you cant file k1 visa because u are married but u can file for k3 visa and thats what i did

k3 visa process just like the i130 same thing both of my cases still pending so filing k3 is waist of time

good luck to u

Wow. I have one last option and I really hope it helps you.

http://www.dhs.gov/cis-ombudsman-update-getting-most-out-your-call-uscis-national-customer-service-center

ok i have the same as ur case but i file on April 18 and everything happen to ur case happen to my case i guess we just have to Waite , you cant file k1 visa because u are married but u can file for k3 visa and thats what i did

k3 visa process just like the i130 same thing both of my cases still pending so filing k3 is waist of time

good luck to u

so did you get an address change update as well? if so, when was that?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Hello I have same case as yours. I have received NOA2 already by email but haven't recieved a hard copy by mail so I requested a duplicated notice to resend me by mail but it happened that's address changed. I have no idea I have not done this but my filed address is changed to another address. I called USCIS to change the current filed address but they are saying that they have nothing to do right now. Was advised The address changes reflected on their system will be updated after 1 month. So I can't do anything to do right now. Just wait until their system update.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.