Janelle2002

Official Take a Vacation Day and Protest for Legals

46 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I remember this. It is why we decided to go the K3 route back then. I lived in TN at the time - one of the impacted states. But 129-F applications for K3s were processed by another Service Center and went through really fast. Hard to believe that's over a decade ago...

I suspect any protest is a waste of time. Neither side has any interest in legal immigration.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

I propose a 'national walk your dog on the local INS office lawn' day.

No really, we should do something. Th illegals protested and got their demands addressed.

Us legals should protest to get our demands addressed.

I remember this. It is why we decided to go the K3 route back then. I lived in TN at the time - one of the impacted states. But 129-F applications for K3s were processed by another Service Center and went through really fast. Hard to believe that's over a decade ago...

I wonder if this has anything to do with why the VSC is taking almost 8 months to process ROCs right now, while CSC is only taking 3 months?

Filed: Timeline

I suspect any protest is a waste of time. Neither side has any interest in legal immigration.

It's probably simply that there aren't the numbers to make it interesting politically for anyone. Except when it comes to employment based immigration. Corporations are pushing that hard so they can lower compensation even for higher qualified jobs. Let the race to the bottom continue furiously.

Because there is no pub;ic pressure. We have to create it.

There has to be numbers or funding. You need either of the two for anything to make a difference. You've got neither.

No really, we should do something. Th illegals protested and got their demands addressed.

There are millions of them vs. thousands of us. You do the math.

Legals have no rights. Obama loves illegals. Of course if he was born here he might feel differently.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

It's probably simply that there aren't the numbers to make it interesting politically for anyone. Except when it comes to employment based immigration. Corporations are pushing that hard so they can lower compensation even for higher qualified jobs. Let the race to the bottom continue furiously.

There has to be numbers or funding. You need either of the two for anything to make a difference. You've got neither.

There are millions of them vs. thousands of us. You do the math.

There are enough of us, we just don't get together like the illegals. If we did, along with our families helping us, we could gather huge crowds in the millions.

There are enough of us, we just don't get together like the illegals. If we did, along with our families helping us, we could gather huge crowds in the millions.

Gotta gather huge families, then. There are only about 30K fiance visas issued per year. Even if there are double or triple the number of CR1/IR1 visas issued, you still come up way short of "millions". The numbers just aren't there. That is why there's no attention to these issues.

Timeline

Gotta gather huge families, then. There are only about 30K fiance visas issued per year. Even if there are double or triple the number of CR1/IR1 visas issued, you still come up way short of "millions". The numbers just aren't there. That is why there's no attention to these issues.

There's no political gain for either side, which is really what it's all about.

5 million votes > 30 thousand votes

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Timeline

5 million votes > 30 thousand votes

Yep. At the end of the day that's what its all about.

Do a jump the fence day to the Mexican boarder see how they handle the white people.

Mexico takes traffic going their way seriously (aka: a proper border). They've just started charging a fee for some folks going their direction. The purpose: keep better track of foreigners in their country. Imagine that.

Timeline

Mexico takes traffic going their way seriously (aka: a proper border). They've just started charging a fee for some folks going their direction. The purpose: keep better track of foreigners in their country. Imagine that.

I'd assume the politicians in Mexico are laughing their azzes off about this. As long as the money keeps flowing south, why do they care? Maybe they'll pull a Castro and dump their criminals and mental patients off across from Laredo with some new shoes and 3 days worth of drinking water.

ETA: They keep going on about deporting criminals, yet they have no idea what kind of crimes these folks committed south of the border.

Edited by Karee