The Nature Boy

FERGUSON AND THE REAL RACE WAR

123 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

It's no secret what the verdict is going to be. I've decided to go down in Ferguson and try to keep the peace. Folks want them to riot so they can say we're all animals. But they're wrong.

Damn! Seriously Marv?

Just be careful. Even in the 1960s people were not as angry as they are now. You cannot solve with your human presence what took 0bola two terms to destroy.

It's no secret what the verdict is going to be. I've decided to go down in Ferguson and try to keep the peace. Folks want them to riot so they can say we're all animals. But they're wrong.

You know that was funny in a pushing the envelope kind of way

I would respect you for doing that. No joke.

I don't want them to riot if the facts don't warrant them charging the officer. I want them to be adults and look at the evidence and say the right decision was made.

Damn! Seriously Marv?

Just be careful. Even in the 1960s people were not as angry as they are now. You cannot solve with your human presence what took 0bola two terms to destroy.

Racial issues have been here since the beginning. And this particular issue has nothing to do with the administration. It's been a problem for several decades now. Someone needs to take a stand and help these folks channel their anger into a more positive outlet. If I can light that spark, maybe it will galvanize the people to use their heads, instead of tearing down their own neighborhood.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

So even if overwhelming evidance shows Brown was trying to kill the police officer, you still think they will riot. ?

You know that was funny in a pushing the envelope kind of way

I would respect you for doing that. No joke.

I don't want them to riot if the facts don't warrant them charging the officer. I want them to be adults and look at the evidence and say the right decision was made.

Sadly enough my comment wasn't directed at you. The fact the National Guard has already been mobilized, the worst is already expected.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

So even if overwhelming evidance shows Brown was trying to kill the police officer, you still think they will riot. ?

The question is what is overwhelming? Videos of Wilson at the hospital doesn't indicate he was beaten almost unconscious. There's some conflicting accounts as to what really happened. No one has seen Wilson since the altercation. There's a lot of things that don't add up. That's what the people are upset about.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Sadly enough my comment wasn't directed at you. The fact the National Guard has already been mobilized, the worst is already expected.

That is a sad indictment of the people in Ferguson. This thing is being looked at nine ways from Tuesday. I can assure you if there is any evidance that he shot that kid in cold blood, he is going to be charged.

why can't they accept the fact that it is possible, that Brown tried to grab the weapon and it went down like the cop said.

I can accept the fact that maybe the cop lied and if he did I hope he is charged and convicted, all of you know I don't support police abuse of any kind, but in this case my GUESS and GUT feeling is this was a justified shooting

You know and I know that no matter how much evidence is presented Jesse and AL and the other race hustlers are going to try to whip them into a frenzy.

am i the only person that thinks a cop shooting an unarmed teen in middle of the street/day IS NOT OKAY, end of story?

imo, the people of fergusen don't have to accept anything except that they live in neighborhood where the cops expect that sort of thing to go down, and not have a problem from the community.

That is a sad indictment of the people in Ferguson. This thing is being looked at nine ways from Tuesday. I can assure you if there is any evidance EVIDENCE that he shot that kid in cold blood, he is going to be charged.

why can't they accept the fact that it is possible

Asking a question like this in the race climate of today shows you are a fence walker.

, that Brown tried to grab the weapon and it went down like the cop said.

I can accept the fact that maybe the cop lied and if he did I hope he is charged and convicted,

Just why in the 'f' would you be willing to accept that? The grand jury has seen the evidence. What is making you think you have to find an apologetic posture to excuse yourself from the truth? Your middle of the road shows like tracks down your spine.

all of you know I don't support police abuse of any kind, but in this case my GUESS and GUT feeling is this was a justified shooting

GUT rulings don't' play in court. The US still has the best justice system in the world. You using your GUT to decide guilt and innocence puts you on the side of lynch mobs.

You know and I know that no matter how much evidence is presented Jesse and AL and the other race hustlers are going to try to whip them into a frenzy.

Edited by ExExpat

I can accept the fact that maybe the cop lied and if he did I hope he is charged and convicted, all of you know I don't support police abuse of any kind, but in this case my GUESS and GUT feeling is this was a justified shooting

not me. justified shooting? kid would have to have a weapon.

Well since you typed in my quote I can't quote you.

You ask why would I accept the fact that it is possible the cop lied.

Because we have not seen the evidence yet, unless you have an inside source on the Grand Jury. Do I think the cop lied NO

Do I know the cop did not lie, NO

You are kinda of going off like protestors. Not accepting that there may be evidence we don't know about one way or the other.

That is a sad indictment of the people in Ferguson. This thing is being looked at nine ways from Tuesday. I can assure you if there is any evidance that he shot that kid in cold blood, he is going to be charged.

why can't they accept the fact that it is possible, that Brown tried to grab the weapon and it went down like the cop said.

Maybe because the conflicting stories about having his hands up and being shot 10 times.

Maybe because no one has seen Wilson since then.

Maybe because his injuries were greatly exaggerated and then recanted.

Maybe because recent videos fail to show that Wilson was beaten so badly that he had to kill Brown.

Like Val has said, this case has plenty wrong with it. And instead of "transparency", it's bringing up more questions than answers.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

not me. justified shooting? kid would have to have a weapon.

So if the evidance comes out and it shows that this 6'4 300lb man had just tried to wrestle a cops weapon from him and kill him with it, after assaulting him and while already shot was rushing back for part two, you don't think that is justified ?

If it comes out "and that's a big if" that this is what happened, what do you think the cop should have done. Quick, it's dark you got a 300 lb man hurtling toward you that just assaulted you and tried to kill you. You got 2 seconds. What you gonna do ?

Well since you typed in my quote I can't quote you.

You ask why would I accept the fact that it is possible the cop lied.

Because we have not seen the evidence yet, unless you have an inside source on the Grand Jury. Do I think the cop lied NO

Do I know the cop did not lie, NO

You are kinda of going off like protestors. Not accepting that there may be evidence we don't know about one way or the other.

Since when is evidence in a court of law played like a popularity contest? Easy answer: since live TV. You say you don't know the evidence. Guess what?! That's because you're not part of the jury. You don't get to know it, until and unless it's tried in court. This BS of the news media trying court cases on live TV is nothing but a really deep shithole. No matter how deep you dig it, it's still a shithole.

Let the evidence play out in the hands of people who are capable of analyzing it. Not your Jesse's, and MSNBC, and your fave: CNN, FOX and what the hell ever. Just let it play out.

Edited by ExExpat

Since when is evidence in a court of law played like a popularity contest? Easy answer: since live TV. You say you don't know the evidence. Guess what?! That's because you're not part of the jury. You don't get to know it, until and unless it's tried in court. This BS of the news media trying court cases on live TV is nothing but a really deep shithole. No matter how deep you dig it, it's still a shithole.

Let the evidence play out in the hands of people who are capable of analyzing it. Not your Jesse's, and MSNBC, and your fave: CNN, FOX and what the hell ever. Just let it play out.

I don't get it. One minute you are attacking me for saying, i accept the fact it is possible the police officer lied and if that is what the evidence shows, I am ok with him being prosecuted and acusing me of being an appeaser for saying I will accept the evidence.

In the next post you are saying just let the process play out.