asael1987

Sept 28 NOA2 and still no case number? what should we do?

23 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Calling on Friday is good too. You can tweet them too @Travelgov Someone complained on Twitter a while ago about the phones, and they claimed they were not aware of the situation, but it mysteriously was fixed after that tweet. It's such a shame that they funded with tax dollars and are allowed to operate at this level of incompetence.

well I finally got throught today, (twice) however the first time I didn't realize my microphone wasn't set up correctly on my laptop and I heard the lady ask for info wait one second and then say something like, no one is on the line thank you for calling blahblahblah and hang up -___- I was on hold for about an hour at (4:00PM CST)

so I redialed about 20-30 times till it fianally went through again with about a 40 minute wait time (5:00PM CST)

btw I don't know if its common knowledge, but surely it is as I got the link from where but if you use the GetHuman site you can call for free from your laptop, however as already common knowledge you will get about 20-30 busy tones before you even get a ringer.

anyways onto what they told me, the lady said that:

they had received the documents and that the case was just created today and they gave ma case number, they said they couldn't make any changes as the case was created just today [i proceeded to ask what she meant, and she said she meant adding an email address or such things, which I didn't even ask about but I guess its a common change]

anyways, she stated that the instructions would be sent out to the email on file, what does that mean? I should had asked more but I was more in shock that they finally answered and blanked out, I only managed to ask for a case number and general updates.

so what does the instructions would arrive in the email mean? like the next steps? I also asked them if anything would arrive in the regular mail and they said no, is that normal?

Met____________:2011-01-10

Started Dating___:2011-02-14 [valentines day i know lol]

Service Center : Nebraska Service Center

Consulate :

Marriage _______: 2014-04-05

I-130 Sent ______: 2014-04-28

I-130 NOA1 _____: 2014-05-26

I-130 RFE :

I-130 RFE Sent :

I-130 Approved : _2014-09-28

=============

NVC Received :

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill :

I know I forgot to write in the other dates, but we got emails and didn't know which went where...

Interview date: 2015-12-29

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I don't know what to tell you. Seems like NVC is not serious about processing any paperwork in a timely fashion. I've been almost tempted to just write a letter to the White House myself. . . . I paid my AOS fee on 11/24 and I'm still waiting to pay my IV FEE. It's like everything has ceased to function in that place.

Timeline

I don't know what to tell you. Seems like NVC is not serious about processing any paperwork in a timely fashion. I've been almost tempted to just write a letter to the White House myself. . . . I paid my AOS fee on 11/24 and I'm still waiting to pay my IV FEE. It's like everything has ceased to function in that place.

:( definitely not what I wanted to see in a reply -___- well good luck to you and I then I suppose.

I was excited because one of the members timelines who I am subscribed to had their interview date set 2 days ago for Jan 8th and they had filed about 2 months before me and my wife at the Nebraska SC, but their NOA2 was 2 days before ours....but with your update, it tells me that its just well up to whoever's desk it lands on -____-

Consulate :

I-130 RFE :

I-130 RFE Sent :

=============

NVC Received :

I know I forgot to write in the other dates, but we got emails and didn't know which went where...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

We were approved by USCIS on the 16th of September. The NVC only just received our file on the 8th of December. Many phone calls to the NVC and some to USCIS I have done. Finally had to get my state Senator's office involved, which they still are. Turned out that the USCIS sent our paperwork to the wrong place. They sent it to the National Research Center instead of the NVC. Was all going smoothly up to the approval. Now waiting for our paperwork to be sent to the Embassy.......

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

We were approved by USCIS on the 16th of September. The NVC only just received our file on the 8th of December. Many phone calls to the NVC and some to USCIS I have done. Finally had to get my state Senator's office involved, which they still are. Turned out that the USCIS sent our paperwork to the wrong place. They sent it to the National Research Center instead of the NVC. Was all going smoothly up to the approval. Now waiting for our paperwork to be sent to the Embassy.......

That's good to hear. It gives me a little hope but not much.

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Got through today at the first try and was only on hold for 25 minutes.

I was told our case was entered into the system on Dec 8th yet no instructions have been generated yet, and we should expect them in our email around 28 days from December 8th, however I don't know if thats business days or regular days.

so thats our update for Decemeber

Consulate :

I-130 RFE :

I-130 RFE Sent :

=============

NVC Received :

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.