madisonsquare

dv 2015 ds-260

5 posts in this topic

Hello ,

I'am selected in DV2015 my case number is 2015AF00019xxx.

i have two qustions :

1-is possible to submite ds-260 without an adress in the us (is that mandatory?)

2-i didn't yet fill ds-260 because my plan is to postpone my interview date as much as possible so i would have exta time in the visa to prepare my self ( i would like to travel in the end of the year 2015) ====> is that ok if i submite the ds-260 in may 2015 than i'll expect my interview 2 months latter in jully ?

thank you!

you can submit the DS260 late, but not as late you say - or you risk missing out entirely. It's not a case of as soon as you submit that someone is waiting at KCC to instantly act on it and schedule you an interview...in the past it has usually taken KCC two months to process DS forms (this includes background checks etc) this year that has gone up to 4 months at some times. Then the schedule is generally drawn up two months in advance. If you want an interview in July, you need it finished processing by May, so you can hope processing times are back to normal and submit in March. In reality there are always uncertainties on the timing and you may have to settke for an inconvenient time to interview....like many others have.

And you need a US address to submit.

Edited by SusieQQQ

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

1. You have to use a US address. It can be the name of a hotel, apartment, or distant relative. Anyone really. They will use this address to send your green card.

2. You will have 6 months to travel after visa is issued. It takes up to 6 months for them to set an interview. You'd rather submit the ds 260 and get a visa. If you take a chance you might not get the visa at all. I expect, if you submit your application now, you might be called for an April or May interview. Maybe even June.

Thanks a lot SusieQQQ and sumranbi for your detailed responses,

i have another question please: My case number is now availlable in the visa bulletin ,is it possible to get an interview even if my case number is passed . thanks

Thanks a lot SusieQQQ and sumranbi for your detailed responses,

i have another question please: My case number is now availlable in the visa bulletin ,is it possible to get an interview even if my case number is passed . thanks

Strange question? You can *only* get an interview once your number has been published. Anytime after that and before the end of the fiscal year you will get an interview provided (1) your DS260 has been submitted and processed (2) this has been done in time to schedule you (3) visas are not exhausted. (2) and (3) become risky if you leave submitting too late.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.