Janelle2002

The real problem with Americans and their disrespect for Obama—according to a Canadian

263 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

I was not a Bush fan, but when the guy overseas threw the shoe at him I was p#####. I did not like the idea someone had disrespected our President. When it comes to our country people should truly ban together because in the end, we are our country's best ally.

The concept of respect has been so twisted in today's culture that our youth actually invented a new and stupid shortcut word: "DIS". Don't DIS me man. In America there are some who think respect should be legislated. Of course, that cannot be done as the thought police haven't yet developed a method of getting inside people's heads to see what they think and then imposing rewards or punishment according to their standards. We were once a proud and free culture, but today we are losing more and more freedom every day. Respect was once something earned. Now, for some it's demanded or else. As long as we have the freedom of speech, the people of America are free to express themselves within the law, even if it offends you.

Edited by ExExpat

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

Yes, and those who had an issue with that were not appeased by his election and quite possibly had a stroke when he was reelected. Their discourse began way before he was in the White House.

Four days before Obama’s inauguration, before he officially took charge of the American government, Rush Limbaugh boasted publicly that he hoped the president would fail. Of course, when the president fails, the country flounders. Wishing harm upon your country in order to further your own narrow political views is selfish, sinister and a tad treasonous as well.

right. he was black before the election too.

Edited by JohnR!

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

The concept of respect has been so twisted in today's culture that our youth actually invented a new and stupid shortcut word: "DIS". Don't DIS me man. In America there are some who think respect should be legislated. Of course, that cannot be done as the thought police haven't yet developed a method of getting inside people's heads to see what they think and then imposing rewards or punishment according to their standards. We were once a proud and free culture, but today we are losing more and more freedom every day. Respect was once something earned. Now, for some it's demanded or else. As long as we have the freedom of speech, the people of America are free to express themselves within the law, even if it offends you.

Huh? What does this have to do with respecting the person that holds the oval office?

Filed: Other Timeline

Huh? What does this have to do with respecting the person that holds the oval office?

What? C'mon Janelle. I've already commented on that right here in this thread. You can find it right here:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/522036-the-real-problem-with-americans-and-their-disrespect-for-obamaaccording-to-a-canadian/?p=7333104

True, and in fact, the vast majority of the American people realize that.

You will always get those who have their opinion given to them over the media, rather than making up their own... There are many who listen to the 'Oxyconted One' for their daily dose of swill...

'Four days before Obama’s inauguration, before he officially took charge of the American government, Rush Limbaugh boasted publicly that he hoped the president would fail. Of course, when the president fails, the country flounders. Wishing harm upon your country in order to further your own narrow political views is selfish, sinister and a tad treasonous as well.'

I would like to take number 2 for treasonous please.

Filed: Timeline

Yes, and those who had an issue with that were not appeased by his election and quite possibly had a stroke when he was reelected. Their discourse began way before he was in the White House.

Four days before Obama’s inauguration, before he officially took charge of the American government, Rush Limbaugh boasted publicly that he hoped the president would fail. Of course, when the president fails, the country flounders. Wishing harm upon your country in order to further your own narrow political views is selfish, sinister and a tad treasonous as well.

you're not making any sense. if America elected a black man president twice.

when did the country turn racist?

why the fascination with Limbaugh?

the bolden: you keep posting it. many people believe that is what 0bama has done.

7yqZWFL.jpg

What? C'mon Janelle. I've already commented on that right here in this thread. You can find it right here:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/522036-the-real-problem-with-americans-and-their-disrespect-for-obamaaccording-to-a-canadian/?p=7333104

Him being a jerk and the President of the U.S. are 2 separate things. In some countries disrespecting the President is punishable by death.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Four days before Obamas inauguration, before he officially took charge of the American government, Rush Limbaugh boasted publicly that he hoped the president would fail. Of course, when the president fails, the country flounders. Wishing harm upon your country in order to further your own narrow political views is selfish, sinister and a tad treasonous as well.

What does Rush Limbaugh's words have to do with racism. You posted it twice as if we didnt see it the first time. Maybe if you post it a third time and maybe change the font and color it will be come more apparent that it is racist?

right. he was black before the election too.

Yes, and the same loudmouths that have disrespected him ever since he took office have also done so before he was elected. Now they're saying they don't like the job he's doing as President but how do they rationalize the same disrespect that was going on before he was elected and inaugurated? Obviously, the excuse of him not being a good President wasn't available then. So mainly his otherness had to be good enough. The "questions" about his place of birth, the questions about his being an American and his religion served as the basis for their disrespect. Now they want to point to how he does his job but I certainly ain't buying that canard.

Yes, and the same loudmouths that have disrespected him ever since he took office have also done so before he was elected. Now they're saying they don't like the job he's doing as President but how do they rationalize the same disrespect that was going on before he was elected and inaugurated? Obviously, the excuse of him not being a good President wasn't available then. So mainly his otherness had to be good enough. The "questions" about his place of birth, the questions about his being an American and his religion served as the basis for their disrespect. Now they want to point to how he does his job but I certainly ain't buying that canard.

ok. so please tell us when the country that elected him became racist.

7yqZWFL.jpg

the bolden: you keep posting it. many people believe that is what 0bama has done.

I think it is safe to say the majority of Americans did not want Palin to end up in office if something happened to McCain. For many Americans they took the lesser evil and justified their decision by saying at least Obama is half white.

Stop calling the man black.

what do you know?

I know why Joe Wilson screamed out you lie on the house floor. I know why the birthers exist. I know why politicians use racially charged language when talking about him.

So, lets' see. The dork in office and some of the people who follow him want everyone to treat him nicely? Is that going to happen? Not a chance in this life or the next one if there is one. Why? Because he's so infected by rectal cranial inversion that he insults anyone and everyone who does not agree with him. For that, he's earned a spot on the just a little better than pathetic human flesh scale.

Didn't you say this should be charged as treason a few threads ago?

That article is a joke. People disrespect Obama because he disrespects the country and does an awful job, and he is no less respected than other presidents were by their opposers, It drives my absolutely crazy when people tell my wife "well you have to respect him cause he's the president". Want to make a bet? The president is not god.

If you served in the military, you'd know that this is called for anyone that outranks you. You respect the position that person holds.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

IMHO the country turned racist at the inception of slavery. Racism is decreasing with every passing generation but it's still very much out there, made all the more evident by the disrespect shown by many to the current POTUS.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

I think it is safe to say the majority of Americans did not want Palin to end up in office if something happened to McCain. For many Americans they took the lesser evil and justified their decision by saying at least Obama is half white.

Stop calling the man black.

and the second election?

no.

0bama is black

0bama is black

0bama is black

7yqZWFL.jpg