Khswaby14

Jamaican Certificates

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My fiance and I just completed the DS 160 for our K-1 visa. We are now waiting for packet 4. He is going to go ahead with collecting all of the certificates he needs. Is there anything that he will need to take with him to the Registrar General Department office and police (passport, fee, pictures, etc)? Where exactly does he need to go to get the police certificate? He said he thought that was in Kingston, but he wasn't sure.

Filed: Timeline

Have at least 6 PP photos, he needs a passport (unexpired) to

apply for Police certificate, he needs all the information on previous

birth-certificate to get a new one (best if he don't have the new BC to

get one that's all the embassy takes the new one) they have an expedite

process at RGD) and if the BC# is not known they charge an extra search

fee . Both RGD and Police record office is 2 blks away from each other

on Duke St downtown Kingston...The police record must be paid for

at the tax office in Kingston Mall about-5 blks away (I think)

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

To be on the safe side, he will need his passport, and passport pictures everywhere he goes. At the police office, he will need his passport and 2 pictures. He must say that it is needed for immigration.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

While it is best he take his passport I can tell you that my fiancé got his police record, birth certicate, and non impediment without it. He said all they needed was his ID card. You pay for the police record at the tax office then take that receipt to the police station. He went to the one in his hometown. I was with him when he applied for his police record. He is awaiting his passport renewal and then he will complete the DS 160.

But every place might be different. That is just our experience.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My fiance and I just completed the DS 160 for our K-1 visa. We are now waiting for packet 4. He is going to go ahead with collecting all of the certificates he needs. Is there anything that he will need to take with him to the Registrar General Department office and police (passport, fee, pictures, etc)? Where exactly does he need to go to get the police certificate? He said he thought that was in Kingston, but he wasn't sure.

My husband just got his. He paid for it at the tax office in Mobay & then we took it to the police station a few days later. You can now pick it up at the same station you applied. You no longer have to go to Kingston to get it. They changed the procedure in April.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

He needs to pay for the police record at the tax office then take the receipt, 2 passport size photos and his passport. Then Go To 34 Duke street, Down Town, Kingston to have his prints taken.

Service Center - Texas

I -130 sent - October 26, 2013

NOA 1 - November 07, 2013

RFE - May 06, 2014

RFE Hard Copy Received - May 12, 2014 (2 passport size photo for the petitioner)

RFE Sent - May 15, 2014

NOA 2 - May 29, 2014

National Visa Center

NVC Received - 18/06/2014

Fill out DS - 261 Form & submit - 08/07/2014

Pay AOS Fee - 25/07/2014

Send AOS Package - 02/08/2014

NVC Receive AOS Package - 04/08/2014

Receive IV Bill - 28/08/2014

Send IV Package - 28/08/2014

Pay IV Bill - 30/08/2014

Case Complete - October 21, 2014

Interview Date - December 05, 2014 rescheduled from December 29, 2014

Interview Result - Approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.