YamenWaad

USCIS website doesn't work

86 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I called them yesterday, and someone finally gave me a good, logical answer at why this is happening. When they did the update, some of the cases did not transfe over properly with the update. THe cases are still there. it is just that they are having to go in and manually update each case individually (that did not switch over).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

well.........mine gives Error all the time......and I don´t see them updating cases manually, cos it will be insane,........all they have to do is synchronize the databases and it really may take a while (i worked with those things, sometimes it was taking us weeks to upgrade the content..) So, lets wait and hope for the quick update!

K-1 timeline:

11-07-2013 - I-129F form sent ---> 11-15-2013 - NOA1 - e-mail received, transferred to California Service Center.

11-20-2013 - Alien registration number changed.

11-22-2013 - NOA1 hardcopy (I-797C)

12-13-2013 - NOA2 approval notification ---> 12-20-2013 - NOA2 hardcopy

01-08-2014 - NVC recieved ---->01-09-2014 - NVC left

01-13-2014 - Consulate recieved ----> 01-14-2014 - E-mail from the Consulate

01-16-2014 - NVC letter hardcopy ----> 01-23-2014- Medical done

02-18-2014- Interview (Approved) ----> 02-20-2014- Visa issued ----> 02-24-2014- Visa in hand

03-02-2014- US entry --->03-20-2014 - Social Security Number recieved --->04-24-2014 - Wedding

AOS timeline:

05-13-2014 - AOS package sent ---> 05-21-2014- NOA1 - e-mail received

05-24-2014 - NOA1 hardcopy (I-797C)

06-03-2014 - Biometrics appointment letter (for June 13)

06-12-2014 - USCIS web status for RFE

06-13-2014 - Biometrics done

06-16-2014 - RFE hardcopy in mail ---> 06-18-2014 - RFE answer sent by mail ---> 06-20-2014 - RFE delivered

08-05-2014 - EAD/ AP - APPROVED!!!! ---> 08-13-2014 - EAD/AP card delivered

09-05-2014 - InfoPass due to RFE and SSN (RFE delievered June 23 to NBC).

10-17-2014 - SSN recieved on married name ---> 12-12-2014 - update on USCIS web (RFE received on June 23), the case could not be tracked

02-17-2015 - GC approved (no interview) ---> 02-26-2015 - GC RECEIVED

08-13-2016 - address change via web --->09-13-2016 - Address change via mail (web failed to change correctly) --->10-06-2016 - Address change of sponsor

ROC:

11-21-2016 - package sent to CSC ---> 11-22-2016 - package delivered to CSC ---> 11-25-2016 - check cashed--->11-28-2016- NOA1 (dated 11/22/16) --->12-20-2016 -Biometrics appointment

07-18-2017-address change-> 05-10-2018 - GC Approved

N-400:

02-15-18 - Applied -> 03-09-18 - Bio app-> 04-04-18-interview notice-> 05-09-18-interview->05-10-18 - approved -> 06-07-18 - Oath appt notice -> 06-27-18 - Oath ceremony

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

So, when i log in, the 'last modified' changed to 11/12.

I am still not able to get the details on the Case,

But when I call the last change reporter was on 11/06 ' changed A number'

I am patiently confused :/

Edited by SerbtoCali

Timeline

So, when i log in, the 'last modified' changed to 11/12.

I am still not able to get the details on the Case,

But when I call the last change reporter was on 11/06 ' changed A number'

I am patiently confused :/

When you call, after you hear the case update, there is an option for you to talk directly to a customer service representative. If you do that, tell them what the site is showing, and they should (depending on the person you get connected to--some of them are incredibly unhelpful) be able to help you.

Timeline

When you call, after you hear the case update, there is an option for you to talk directly to a customer service representative. If you do that, tell them what the site is showing, and they should (depending on the person you get connected to--some of them are incredibly unhelpful) be able to help you.

Thank you

I dud just that and was told that due to the technical difficulties she was unable to access my case.

:( :/

Timeline

Thank you

I dud just that and was told that due to the technical difficulties she was unable to access my case.

:( :/

Okay I am going to tell you what I did today, and it worked!

When you call and get connected to customer service.. Tell them you have been calling all week and you were told yesterday that if it is still not working to call back and get them to transfer you to a tier 2 agent. (Even though I was never really told this). It worked, and I got connected to a tier 2 agent who was very helpful. But if you do get transferred to a tier 2 agent, there WILL be a wait, and it is often a long one (2-3 hours). SO make sure you have time to wait for that, and also you can schedule a call back where they will call you back when it is your turn, so that you do not have to sit and hold the phone. Plus, it is a good idea to go ahead and ask any questions you have about the case to the tier 2 agent because they are usually incredibly much more helpful than regular customer service. Plus, it is hard to get customer service to actually transfer you, so it is good to always ask any questions you have related to your case. :)

P.S. I had to call twice before I was connected to a customer service rep who would transfer me. The first guy said that he could not because their system was down, but yet I was able to call right back (within 5 min.) and was transferred with no issue.

Good luck!

Edited by katietw95

Okay I am going to tell you what I did today, and it worked!

When you call and get connected to customer service.. Tell them you have been calling all week and you were told yesterday that if it is still not working to call back and get them to transfer you to a tier 2 agent. (Even though I was never really told this). It worked, and I got connected to a tier 2 agent who was very helpful. But if you do get transferred to a tier 2 agent, there WILL be a wait, and it is often a long one (2-3 hours). SO make sure you have time to wait for that, and also you can schedule a call back where they will call you back when it is your turn, so that you do not have to sit and hold the phone. Plus, it is a good idea to go ahead and ask any questions you have about the case to the tier 2 agent because they are usually incredibly much more helpful than regular customer service. Plus, it is hard to get customer service to actually transfer you, so it is good to always ask any questions you have related to your case. :)

P.S. I had to call twice before I was connected to a customer service rep who would transfer me. The first guy said that he could not because their system was down, but yet I was able to call right back (within 5 min.) and was transferred with no issue.

Good luck!

What did they say? Are you able to see your status now?

Timeline

What did they say? Are you able to see your status now?

As of right now, no unfortunately. The tier 2 lady said that the reason why I cannot see it is because of the update. She said that they are trying to move all the cases over, but it is taking time. But, she was able to give me information about my case.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

As of right now, no unfortunately. The tier 2 lady said that the reason why I cannot see it is because of the update. She said that they are trying to move all the cases over, but it is taking time. But, she was able to give me information about my case.

are you sure?

my fiancee tried more than once to get small piece of information and failed

the answer was always be patient MAYBE MAYBE you'll get some news soon

They will save themselves a lot of angry calls if they can put this information on their website! Thank you for sharing what you were able to find out, this is very helpful. I also just get the "My" update on my I-485 and I-130. I can see my status for EAD and AP though, strange.

Naturalization:

12/13/18: File online application

12/15/18: Receive notification for biometrics appointment (no date)

12/31/18: Biometrics

02/25/19: Receive interview letter (April 8 )

04/08/19: Interview, approved!

04/12/19: Oath scheduled for April 26 

04/26/19: Oath Ceremony! 🇺🇸

ROC:

04/26/17:  Sent ROC package

04/27/17:  Package received

05/20/17:  Biometrics letter received

06/02/17:  Biometrics

08/22/18:  Card being produced

AOS from F1 visa:

08/16/14: Sent AOS package: I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131

08/19/14: Package received at Chicago Lockbox

08/22/14: Acceptance confirmation text messages/emails

08/22/14: Checks cashed

08/26/14: Hard copies of NOA's received in mail

08/27/14: Biometrics appointment notice received. Scheduled for 9/8/14.

09/08/14: Biometrics

11/14/14: File service request (Day 88)

11/24/14: EAD/AP approved (Day 98)

12/01/14: EAD mailed

12/03/14: EAD received

03/12/15: Status changed to Testing & Interview

04/16/15: Interview, no decision

07/17/15: "Your card is in production" email!

08/07/15: Card mailed

08/10/15: Card received!

~11 months, 3 weeks & 4 days from filing to green card in hand, no RFE's~

Timeline

Thank you for the tip.

I got a hold of an Tier 2, but he wasn't able to help either.

He said that since the file update showing on the website is so recent ( two days ago), that it might take few more days for them to be able to access my case, as they are in the database that covers a national level and the updates are done locally. That way it takes few days for them to see what was updated.

Hopefully there will be some news on Monday

Timeline

are you sure?

my fiancee tried more than once to get small piece of information and failed

the answer was always be patient MAYBE MAYBE you'll get some news soon

Well, it has always worked for me. But it is a struggle. It really depends who you are connected to.. It does stink though because most of the time they are not always very willing to help.

Thank you for the tip.

I got a hold of an Tier 2, but he wasn't able to help either.

He said that since the file update showing on the website is so recent ( two days ago), that it might take few more days for them to be able to access my case, as they are in the database that covers a national level and the updates are done locally. That way it takes few days for them to see what was updated.

Hopefully there will be some news on Monday

You are welcome! Maybe you can get ome more information soon. I hope that all of us do.

They will save themselves a lot of angry calls if they can put this information on their website! Thank you for sharing what you were able to find out, this is very helpful. I also just get the "My" update on my I-485 and I-130. I can see my status for EAD and AP though, strange.

You are welcome! And, I agree. I have just decided that until this is fixed I am just going to call them every day.. It is just frustrating.

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.