Doc12

DCF Manila- marriage certificate?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I am planning to apply for a marriage license at city hall in a few days, and I had a few questions that I hope someone can answer for me. I understand that there is a 10 day waiting period before we can get married, however, some websites claim we also need a marriage certificate... Which according to other websites can take up to 2 months.

My question is this:

Can we submit the I-130 without the marriage certificate for the time being? (Of course marriage license/ceremony proof and details will be submitted)

I see a lot of posts from other members that also have their timeline/timetable listed at the bottom. A lot have submitted the I-130 within a couple days of getting married; I don't see a 2 month gap in the timeline from marriage to I-130 submission

Hope someone can clarify this. Thank in advance!

Edited by Doc12

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

You can't submit it. You have to be married first. Just the license is not sufficient.

Edited by Mark88

It's amazing how many questions can be resolved with a 2 minute Google search...

You will need the NSO copy of your CEMAR (certificate of marriage). After your wedding, bring the marriage certificate to your local registrar and ask to be endorsed. It should be done through electronic endorsement. I've got my NSO copy after 30 business days.

When we filed,we only submitted the marriage certificate from the local civil registry.They just needed a copy but bring original documents as well.You would need the nso copy during the interview and during the guidance and counselling session of cfo if the female spouse wants to change her last name to yours(new passport application).

Filed I-130 DCF: May 27, 2014 Here's what happened (http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/498046-filed-dcf-today-5-27-2014/ )

I-130 Approved on:June 4,2014

Interview July 18, 2014 (Approved) You can read this ( http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/506247-interview/ )

Got the Visa Packet!! July 23,2014

POE: SEATTLE July 28,2014

--------------------------------------------

GREEN CARD AND SSC STATUS

August 25,2014 Went to SSA to see what's going on with my SSC- SAVE has my middle name together with my first name.

August 28,2014 ELIS went from ACCEPTED TO OPTIMIZED IN PROCESS (INITIAL REVIEW)

September 2 Called local ssa and was told SSC was mailed/Elis says Green CARD production has begun

September 4,2014-received ssc

September 8,2014- green card mailed/closed on elis

September 9,2014- green card received yahooo!!

---------------------------------------------------------

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

Mailed Packet: 4/29/2016

NOA1: 5/2/2016

Bio Appt: 6/1/2016

Approval:2/13/2017

Received 10 year green card:2/17/2017

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.