honnybear

Biometrics done but new interview? Is it legit? Do we go anyway?

3 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

A brief overview - Myself and my two children are AOS following my marriage in July. We have been in the US for 4 years on F visas...

AOS for the three of us received at Chicago Lockbox Sept 12 (I-485/130/765/131)

The 2 kids' files were returned for sending wrong fee - ERROR on their part. Sent the file right back to them with a cover letter and emailed. They acknowledged by email it was their fault and that the kids would be backdated accordingly. (Proof cover letters are not read where I put in bold their ages over 14 years old to support the correct fee was sent - they had thrown the original cover letter away as soon as they opened the package)

New MSC # were issued for the kids.

Our files were sent to the National Benefits Center in Missosuri

My biometrics appt was Oct 22nd. I brought the kids with me to pass at same time since our files should have been processed at the same time to begin with. Also calls in to immigration and speaking with supervisors suggested this.

They did not want to let them pass as walk-ins but finally did - the supervisor in Manchester field office huffed and puffed and finally said "fine but Im only signing off for the 485) Whatever, kids got their biometrics done.

Now all three of us are in the "interview scheduling" phase BUT I just received a notice for both kids to go for Biometrics on Nov 13th even though their biometrics were already done. 3 calls to the 800 number - 2 say ignore the appt notice and a supervisor said go anyway to the office 2 hours away to be told yes or no because there is not enough time to write them and we can not contact them any way to check. The kids files show biometrics done at supervisor's end and also the new appointment.

So my question is can we ignore the biometrics appt for the kids or not? It seems like a delay internally between setting appointment for them and them getting the biometrics done.

What happens if they really do want to redo their biometrics and we dont show?

Thank you for your help

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.