Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

CRBA DS 2029 questions 24/25

4 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile

I am sorry if this isn't the correct forum to post this in. I am filing for CRBA. On the form DS 2029 on question 24/25 how would I answer that for myself since I am a U.S citizen and I've always lived in the United States. I have traveled in and out of the United States and I am not sure if I need to include those dates on there. I may just be over-thinking the question. Thanks for reading.


Edited by bebekins

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China

~Moved form Bringing Family Members of US Citizens to America to CRBA Forum~

~Inquiry is about CRBA process in Chile~

~ :time: It helps everyone that uses, or is helped by the forum.

(organizer hat off)

Welcome to the forum.

A quick Google search of the topic reveals that there are numerous mentions of a 5-year US residency requirement for one, or both, of the USC parents prior to the birth of the child; with a stipulation that two of those years the USC parent(s) were attained after they were at least fourteen years old. Usual vacations (i.e., 2 weeks) are likely of little consequence toward the 5-year residency requirement. However, extended stays should likely be thoroughly documented and may count toward the residency requirement.

You should likely apply for a US passport for the child at the same time as the CRBA application. If the child receives a US Passport, there is no need for any visa to come to the US, as that they would be a US Citizen.

Often many of the instructions/requirements involving the CRBA processes can be embassy/consulate specific. I would encourage you to review the US Embassy in Santiago's website regarding CRBA process: http://chile.usembassy.gov/birth_abroad3.html and contact them at the provided email address for further questions.

Much of this information was found through a simple Google search. Google can also be your friend. :yes:

There may be changes in these requirements, review recent forum threads in the CRBA forum, the Dept. of State -specific website:


and, in particular, the interviewing embassy should be contacted for current requirements/details.


Good luck on your immigration journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca




Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...