averroes

Changed Address and Never Received NOA2

7 posts in this topic

Hello,,,

Our Embassy Interview will be held in less than two weeks. By chance, I tracked our USCIS petition status, and realized that the status of the application has been updated to:

On August 21, 2014, the post office returned your document I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) as undeliverable. If you do not contact us at 1-800-375-5283 within 180 days from August 21, 2014, this document will be destroyed and you will need to file a new application with fee.

I did a quick search on VJ and other websites and realized that the paper NOA2 might be needed for AOS, but isn't actually required since actually having the K1 visa on hand (fingers crossed!!!) is sufficient proof that a I129F application was filed and approved.

However, I am afraid that the USCIS will destroy our file in their systems. I will call them tonight to work on this.

I must say that we have changed addresses, but I checked the status of our application online and as naive it may sound, did not realize that having the hard copy of the NOA2 would be important...but then again...is it really?

Thanks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Can you call and tell them the new address? Even if you don't need it now, it's probably better to have it. I feel like USCIC wouldn't send you something if it wasn't important to keep.

Hah, I am renewing my lease in two months because I don't want to change my address because of the TSC taking a bit to get through their workload. I don't want to chance it; but it sucks putting off buying a home because of it.

I've got a ton of stuff I've put off...ugh. Buying a house, buying another car...I am a gadget geek and love to spend money on phones and computer stuff I don't need.

Hahaha, dammit TSC. I miss spending money as much as I miss my wife to be. :)

It's probably the last chance I get to spend money on my hobbies too. :(

Change of address is not difficult though! I did it online and they updated my address in a few days. No big deal at all

Not taking the chance. I live in a good neighborhood and don't want to purchase something in case of denial and I need to move there to make a new life for myself.

Which honestly, I wouldn't mind - I am sick of New York City, it's too damned expensive and there are no longer any real opportunities to make money anymore.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Hello,,,

Our Embassy Interview will be held in less than two weeks. By chance, I tracked our USCIS petition status, and realized that the status of the application has been updated to:

On August 21, 2014, the post office returned your document I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) as undeliverable. If you do not contact us at 1-800-375-5283 within 180 days from August 21, 2014, this document will be destroyed and you will need to file a new application with fee.

I did a quick search on VJ and other websites and realized that the paper NOA2 might be needed for AOS, but isn't actually required since actually having the K1 visa on hand (fingers crossed!!!) is sufficient proof that a I129F application was filed and approved.

However, I am afraid that the USCIS will destroy our file in their systems. I will call them tonight to work on this.

I must say that we have changed addresses, but I checked the status of our application online and as naive it may sound, did not realize that having the hard copy of the NOA2 would be important...but then again...is it really? Yes, it is important, see below.

Thanks!

A copy of the I-129F petition approval notice (NOA2) is required to be filed with the I-485 AOS application. Refer to the Form I-485 instructions, page 3, Item 10- B, for more information: http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-485instr.pdf

There have been some reports of folks successfully sending in the visa petition approval email message from USCIS, in lieu of the copy of the hardcopy NOA2. Check forum threads for details.

I would urge you to attempt to get a your NOA2 hardcopy. A duplicate can be requested, filling out Form I-824 and paying a wad o'cash.....

http://www.uscis.gov/i-824

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.