18 posts in this topic

I am a bit confused about the medical record. My husband came into the country under k-1 visa. His last medical was done april,2014. He received his visa June,2014.

My understanding is that he does not need any medical ... I am now reading about vaccination document. Is this mandatory? if yes, Do i have to include this with the initial application? I have my package ready to be mailed out tomorrow.

this is my cover page list. Please advise. Thanks for all our help.

AOS

1. Check for Application Fee of $1,070
  2. Two Passport Pictures
  3. Form G-1145
  4. Form 1-485
  5. Form G-325A
  6. Form I-864
  7. Copy of I-797(NOA, approval for K1 petition)
  8. Copy of K-1 Visa
  9. Copy of passport biography page
  10. Copy of 1-94
  11. Marriage Certificate
  12. Copy of birth certificate
  13. Copy of Tax returns(2013, 2012)
  14. Employment Letter
  15. Paystub
  16. Joint Bank statement
  17. Utility Bill
  18. Pictures
  19. EAD
  20. Form G-1145
  21. Form I-765
  22. Two Passport Photos
  23. Photocopy of passport page
  24. Copy of I-94 Card

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

yeah he doesnt need new medical if he already had one overseas as long as the form i 485 is filed within one year .he just need to send a copy of his vaccination .but some cases they said there were getting rfe if the vaccination wasnt complete.so what they do is they had to get the shots that are messing then they would see a civil surgeon to transcribed on there i 693 .and send it back to uscis

The overseas medical is valid if you do AOS within one year. You also have to be sure that you had all vaccinations done. The issue is that sometimes people don't get all the series of a vaccines, or don't get the flu vaccine because it's not flu season when they had the medical. In case of missing vaccines, you will need the missing ones done and then have them transcribed onto the vaccination record on page 5 of the I-693 and submit page 1 of the I-693.

Edited by Ian H.

This does not constitute legal advice.

Was he given a copy of the DS-3025?

Edited by Ian H.

Ok if he was given all of the vaccinations at the overseas medical then the vaccination record should be there, which means the I-693 pages doesn't have to be submitted.

Was he given a copy of the DS-3025?

NO, he was not given any documents...

So i am all confused... i really dont want to submit the apps without everything. trying to prevent rfe

The instructions seem ambiguous about this, I know I read a post not too long ago regarding this, but I can't find it. I will try and find it, but someone could clarify for sure what you need to do in the mean time.

Edited by Ian H.

I was right the first time, it looks like you don't have to submit anything if the vaccines were performed overseas and included in the visa package. Here is a link:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/101202-faqs-forms-i-693-and-ds-3025/

Edited by Ian H.

It looks like he still has to submit proof of the vaccines though, but if it was kept with the other papers when he did POE, I'm not sure if he has to submit the vaccination record again. The instructions seem ambiguous about this, I know I read a post not too long ago regarding this, but I can't find it. I will try and find it, but someone could clarify for sure what you need to do in the mean time.

ok.. thanks.. Yes, the instruction is not quite clear. I am going to call the civil surgeon today to ask them. Just trying to prevent RFE. Worst case scenerio, i will submit and keep my fingers crossed.

Read the link, it says that you don't have to provide the vaccination records. Hopefully, they didn't lose it.

Edited by Ian H.

You're welcome.

By the way, I noticed that you didn't include the I-131 form for AP, you should do that as well since this is very good to have if your spouse ever has to travel abroad while the AOS is pending. You would receive a combo EAD/AP document.

You're welcome.

By the way, I noticed that you didn't include the I-131 form for AP, you should do that as well since this is very good to have if your spouse ever has to travel abroad while the AOS is pending. You would receive a combo EAD/AP document.

We decided that he will not be travelling until all is completed...

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

We decided that he will not be travelling until all is completed...

It's free to apply for it. I don't plan traveling either but.... What in case of emergency... Family.... Death....

I don't know I think it's better have it in your desk and don't use it that need it and regret not having it.

y59om4.png

---------------------------------- Pre I-130 ----------------------------------------

Feb- 25- 2009 - Met in Barcelona Spain thanks to a friend in common ???

11 visits in the next 5 years........ ????????????

Apr - 23 - 2014 - My last entry in the US to visit ✈️

Jul - 18 - 2014 - finally proposes and ask me to stay forever!!!! ❤️??

Jul- 20 - 2014 - I don't get in the flight back to Spain ( that means my ESTA will expire the next day )

Jul - 22 - 2014 - wedding ❤️??

---------------------------I-130, I-485, EAD, AP ----------------------------------

Sep- 12- 2014 - AOS sent to Chicago ?? ( delivered sept 15 )

Sep - 18 - 2014 - AOS texts/ emails received with case number ??

Sep- 19 - 2014 - checks cashed ?

Sep - 21 - 2014- hard copies of NOA received in the mail!!! ??

Sep - 26 - 2014- biometrics letter received!! Appointment for Oct 7

Sep - 30 - 2014 - succesful early walk in biometrics ??

Nov - 22 - 2014 - EAD/AP approved ?? ( 71 days )

Nov - 24 - 2014 - card in production

Dec - 1 - 2014 - card mailed ??

Dec - 3 - 2014 - Combo card received ??

Dec - 15 - 2014 - email received with interview date for Jan 15 2015! ??

Jan - 15 - 2015 - Approved!! ???? Here is our interview experience --> http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/531853-aos-interview-from-esta-approved/

Jan - 24 - 2015 - Green card received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.