Jay00

Frustrated with i-485!

10 posts in this topic

This form is making me feel genuinely stupid.

Part 2. Application Type

I am filling this out for my wife. I am a natural born citizen, she was on a B-1 tourist visa when we were married.

She did not enter as K-1. She is not cuban. No where does it say spouse in simple terms.

This is the form: http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-485.pdf

Please help!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

This form is making me feel genuinely stupid.

Part 2. Application Type

I am filling this out for my wife. I am a natural born citizen, she was on a B-1 tourist visa when we were married.

She did not enter as K-1. She is not cuban. No where does it say spouse in simple terms.

This is the form: http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-485.pdf

Please help!

Im from Mexico I came to the USA with B1/B2 visa and my I-94 permit and since I apply ones inside the US I had to apply jointly my I-130 with I-485 and I was confused in that part too. so i went to Seattle field office to clarify my doubt, and my option for that part was the first one....

PART 2 APPLICATION TIPE. (Check one)

I am applying for adjustment status to permanent resident status because:

( I dont want to write the whole enchilada but is option (A)...An immigrant petition giving me......

May 08th 2010: Met in Rosarito, Baja California Mèxico :wub:

September 22nd 2012: :star: Got Married :luv:

October 04th 2014: I-130, I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent :rolleyes:

October 07th 2014: Package Received :goofy:

October 10th 2014: Electronic NOA for all 4 of my forms B-)

October 17th 2014: Electronic NOA for Biometrics :dance:

October 27th 2014: RFE for I-485 form :bonk: :cry:

November 03rd 2014: Biometrics Appointment. :goofy:

November 7th 2014: RFE Documents Sent :thumbs:

November 11th 2014: RFE Package Received :star:

December 17th 2014: Electronic NOA I-131 approved :dancing: & Electronic NOA I-765 Card Was Order To Be Produced.

December 22nd 2014: Case Update, my Employment Authorization Card is on the mail and they put the tracking number :rolleyes:

December 24th 2014: I Have my Employment Authorization Card Combo ( With Advance Parole) on my hands!!! :dance: I`m going to get my butt out of this house and work!! :dance: (Happy Dance) :dance:

December 29th 2014: Applied for my change of status on my Social Security Number, From Not Valid for Work to Valid for Work only with DHS Authorization.

January 12th, 2015: I received my SSC!!!! :goofy:

:goofy: :goofy:

Thank you so much. I thought it was that but it was worded so strangely. I'm guessing that's what the I-130 does. It says to attach a copy of hte approval notice or something, do I have to attach a copy of the form I-130 that I'm filing? Or do I have to wait for them to acknowledge the receipt of the I-130 before I can file I-435?

Timeline

Thank you so much. I thought it was that but it was worded so strangely. I'm guessing that's what the I-130 does. It says to attach a copy of hte approval notice or something, do I have to attach a copy of the form I-130 that I'm filing? Or do I have to wait for them to acknowledge the receipt of the I-130 before I can file I-435?

I suppose you are filing Concurrent, if this is the case you dont have to add any copy since the I-130 is already in the package and this form is the one that gives your spouse an immigrant visanumber (basically)...... you can read about this here...

http://www.uscis.gov/green-card/green-card-processes-and-procedures/concurrent-filing.

Any more questions just ask hope I can help. :goofy:

Edited by Rob & Arlene

December 17th 2014: Electronic NOA I-131 approved :dancing: & Electronic NOA I-765 Card Was Order To Be Produced.

December 22nd 2014: Case Update, my Employment Authorization Card is on the mail and they put the tracking number :rolleyes:

December 24th 2014: I Have my Employment Authorization Card Combo ( With Advance Parole) on my hands!!! :dance: I`m going to get my butt out of this house and work!! :dance: (Happy Dance) :dance:

December 29th 2014: Applied for my change of status on my Social Security Number, From Not Valid for Work to Valid for Work only with DHS Authorization.

Thank you, I was on that site, however I was under hte impression that the 435 and 130 went to different places?

It says concurrent filing cannot occur in consular processed cases, but I don't know what that means.

Do i put both the files in the same envelope?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

**** Moving from What Visa to AOS from Tourist visa forum ****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

Thank you, I was on that site, however I was under hte impression that the 435 and 130 went to different places?

It says concurrent filing cannot occur in consular processed cases, but I don't know what that means.

Do i put both the files in the same envelope?

The Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) offers an individual two primary paths to permanent resident status (a green card). An individual who is the beneficiary of an approved immigrant petition and has an immigrant visa number immediately available may apply at a U.S. Department of State consulate abroad for an immigrant visa in order to come to the United States and be admitted as a permanent resident. This pathway is referred to as “consular processing.” So since you are applying from the USA not other country you are not a consular processing. :goofy:

Yes everything same envelope..... I say everything because I-130 include G325A for both of you and 485 needs I-864 and if you want I-131 and I-765... (last too are optional and free since you are applying I485).

I'm working on the i-765 and stuck on section 16, who may file the form i-765. My wife's last visa type was B-2, she entered as J-1, we met, dated, her J-1 was ending and we renewed under status B-2 tourist. However it has since expired and we're in overstay status.

When I read "who may file" I cannot find a section that seems appropriate for her.

http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-765instr.pdf

Can someone shed some light on this?

Timeline

I'm working on the i-765 and stuck on section 16, who may file the form i-765. My wife's last visa type was B-2, she entered as J-1, we met, dated, her J-1 was ending and we renewed under status B-2 tourist. However it has since expired and we're in overstay status.

When I read "who may file" I cannot find a section that seems appropriate for her.

http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-765instr.pdf

Can someone shed some light on this?

Follow the 1st pag in the instruction sheet......

I think your wife is a family-base non-immigrant .......page 4 follow #7 letter A.. © (9).. since she is asking for an adjustment of status..

Page 4

7.EAD Applicants Who have filed for adjustment of status

A) Adjustment Applicant--©(9).

File Form I-765 with a

copy of the receipt notice or other evidence that your

Form I-485, Application for Permanent Residence or

Adjust Status, is pending. You may file Form I-765

together with your Form I-485

Hope this help a little... :goofy:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.