limboptimistic

NVC to Consulate: How Long?

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hello,

Just wondering what other people's experience has been with the processing time from NVC to the Consulate? We received our NOA2 OCT 17. It was mailed to NVC 23 OCT and a case number was issued 31OCT. Our Consulate is in Kiev, Ukraine. The processing stats indicate an average of 20 days between NVC receiving the file and the actual interview.

Thanks for sharing :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

It will take that amount of time, or more, for the consulate to receive your file. Once received, then you schedule your medical exam and interview. Don't judge anything by the timeline....that is for guidance only. My wife's file was sent Mar 27th, but it did not arrive into Kiev until end of April.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Moldova
Timeline

Our case was sent to the consulate on 29th of October and reached the consulate on 31st. You can check the status on CEAC website by introducing your NVC number.

I-129F Sent : 2014-06-30

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-07-12

I-129F RFE(s) : 2014-09-27

RFE Reply(s) : 2014-10-03

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-10-10

NVC: Case Creation Date: 2014-10-28

NVC: Case sent to the Consulate: 2014-10-29

NVC: Case arrived to the Consulate: 2014-10-31

Received Instructions from the Consulate: 2014-11-05

Dropped off all the documents requested for the interview at the Consulate (we dont have Packet 3&4): 2014-11-17

Interview date: 2014-12-2 :dancing:

Result: APPROVED

Date of entry in US: 2015-01-12

Date of Marriage: 2015-02-19

AOS, EAD & AP sent: 2015-03-11

Timeline

Our case was sent to the consulate on 29th of October and reached the consulate on 31st. You can check the status on CEAC website by introducing your NVC number.

Thanks for the reply. You discovered when it was sent to the Consulate by asking NVC? When I talked with an agent Monday, she said it should be in Kiev soon, but I'm going to call again today.

It will take that amount of time, or more, for the consulate to receive your file. Once received, then you schedule your medical exam and interview. Don't judge anything by the timeline....that is for guidance only. My wife's file was sent Mar 27th, but it did not arrive into Kiev until end of April.

It's strange how some files at this stage take much longer than others. Hopefully we get through quickly and her interview is later this month. In the meantime, can she go ahead and complete the DS-160 and upload pics on the CEAC website? Just want do all we can while we await the next step. We've already gathered all the documents for the interview. Thanks.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Moldova
Timeline

I decided to wait until I get the instructions before taking the med exam.... It's really annoying to wait and no nothing.

Wrote to the consulate ysterday to inquire about our case, if they got it and what is next. Still waiting for a reply.

I-129F Sent : 2014-06-30

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-07-12

I-129F RFE(s) : 2014-09-27

RFE Reply(s) : 2014-10-03

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-10-10

NVC: Case Creation Date: 2014-10-28

NVC: Case sent to the Consulate: 2014-10-29

NVC: Case arrived to the Consulate: 2014-10-31

Received Instructions from the Consulate: 2014-11-05

Dropped off all the documents requested for the interview at the Consulate (we dont have Packet 3&4): 2014-11-17

Interview date: 2014-12-2 :dancing:

Result: APPROVED

Date of entry in US: 2015-01-12

Date of Marriage: 2015-02-19

AOS, EAD & AP sent: 2015-03-11

Timeline

I suggest waiting before completing the DS-160. If I remember correctly, you will need the KEV#. I would not stress this to much! Honest! You are almost there. Once you get this number, then hit it hard! Go to the bank..pay the fee...make sure you are aware of the exchange rate for payment of the DS-160. The embassy's is different than prevailing rate. Their rate usually lasts a week, or 2, depending. IT WILL BE DIFFERENT THAN THE PREVAILING EXCHANGE RATE!. In fact, when we did our payments, it was more expensive with the embassy than the prevailing exchange rate on the street. Just an FYI!

Timeline

I suggest waiting before completing the DS-160. If I remember correctly, you will need the KEV#. I would not stress this to much! Honest! You are almost there. Once you get this number, then hit it hard! Go to the bank..pay the fee...make sure you are aware of the exchange rate for payment of the DS-160. The embassy's is different than prevailing rate. Their rate usually lasts a week, or 2, depending. IT WILL BE DIFFERENT THAN THE PREVAILING EXCHANGE RATE!. In fact, when we did our payments, it was more expensive with the embassy than the prevailing exchange rate on the street. Just an FYI!

Thank you; really appreciate your insight--both me and my Lvivian goddess! Guess what?! I called NVC just a bit ago. They mailed our file to Kiev 3NOV! The NVC agent gave us the KEV# and Invoice ID number. The agent today gave me the date it was sent to Kiev and the Beneficiary ID#.

So I take it we can hit it hard now? :) Guessing she can go the the CEAC website and complete the DS-160? What's the difference between that site and the other State Dept website where you can upload your digital images? Based on this timeline, it looks like we can expect an interview in 2-3 weeks. I presume she cannot schedule medical until the Consulate has her in the system At that time she will also schedule her interview. I could not take off for work to attend the interview with her, but it seems pretty straightforward. I appreciate any thoughts you have going forward.

Regards

Timeline

You should be able to complete everything now. The only bad thing is waiting for Kiev to receive everything so you can then make your medical and interview appointments. I hate to admit this, but I forgot the differences between the sites. I am sorry. It feels like it has been years since I was in those sites. In reality, only 7 months!

Timeline

You should be able to complete everything now. The only bad thing is waiting for Kiev to receive everything so you can then make your medical and interview appointments. I hate to admit this, but I forgot the differences between the sites. I am sorry. It feels like it has been years since I was in those sites. In reality, only 7 months!

No worries, thank you. I called the ustraveldocs site customer service, and they said the file hasn't arrived to the Consulate as of yesterday, but will try again soon. The agent said she sent up a profile for my fiancee, but it didn't work when she tried to log in later. Hopefully it won't be long before they receive it.

Timeline

The only bad thing is waiting for Kiev to receive everything so you can then make your medical and interview appointments.

Still nothing, but trying to stay positive. Today is 6 business days. Do you think they send these in batches like USCIS does? That would explain the delay. It doesn't seem like Kiev handles many K-1 petitions and some here report only a few days between NVC sending and Consulate receiving. The flow chart on here suggests calling the Consulate after 5-7 business days to see if they received it. I'm not sure why it would take longer using DHL. Is there any way to check on its progress, tracking, etc?

Thanks.

Edited by limboptimistic

Timeline

When my package was sent to Kiev, it took over 3 weeks. 6 days is a drop in the bucket! We were even approved for expedited processing. Relax and let the days just flow together. Contact every Tuesday and Thursday, or on days you want. Not needed to contact everyday. It will only stress you out.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Still nothing, but trying to stay positive. Today is 6 business days. Do you think they send these in batches like USCIS does? That would explain the delay. It doesn't seem like Kiev handles many K-1 petitions and some here report only a few days between NVC sending and Consulate receiving. The flow chart on here suggests calling the Consulate after 5-7 business days to see if they received it. I'm not sure why it would take longer using DHL. Is there any way to check on its progress, tracking, etc?

Thanks.

Our case went into "Transit" step on the 3rd and my fiance called the embassy today, still nothing even though now the case status is "Ready" so i am a bit confused about this step but it is what it is, we are waiting. We did schedule a medical for next week though and i received a letter from NVC on Monday just stating our case number and that it was shipped out to the embassy. Not sure about tracking.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

No worries, thank you. I called the ustraveldocs site customer service, and they said the file hasn't arrived to the Consulate as of yesterday, but will try again soon. The agent said she sent up a profile for my fiancee, but it didn't work when she tried to log in later. Hopefully it won't be long before they receive it.

Would you please share what number it is that you called to find out if your case is at the consulate yet?

Is this a number to the consulate in Kyiv? I need to call as well to find out if it has arrived but i am not sure how to do that from the US

Thank you!

Timeline

Would you please share what number it is that you called to find out if your case is at the consulate yet?

Is this a number to the consulate in Kyiv? I need to call as well to find out if it has arrived but i am not sure how to do that from the US

Thank you!

Here's the US number: (703) 988-7107.

Our profile is set up in the system, and I suppose she could do the medical but it would be just extra trip to Kiev.

Timeline

When my package was sent to Kiev, it took over 3 weeks. 6 days is a drop in the bucket! We were even approved for expedited processing. Relax and let the days just flow together. Contact every Tuesday and Thursday, or on days you want. Not needed to contact everyday. It will only stress you out.

Hopefully we get luckier than you, as I'm on a tight schedule for work reasons. What do you mean you were approved for expedited processing? By the embassy, or USCIS/Embassy?

I'm considering putting in an expedite directly to the embassy, but they can't act on it until they have our file.

Thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.