limboptimistic

NVC to Consulate: How Long?

23 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hopefully we get luckier than you, as I'm on a tight schedule for work reasons. What do you mean you were approved for expedited processing? By the embassy, or USCIS/Embassy?

I'm considering putting in an expedite directly to the embassy, but they can't act on it until they have our file.

Thanks

The expedite was done with USCIS prior to receiving NOA2. Now that you are almost there, there is really nothing you can do to speed it up. I really wish I knew of a way. Just get ready...when you recieve your KEV#, pay and get the receipt so you can complete your DS-160(260, I forot), then set your medical and then, hopefully next day, you can set your interview. That is what we did....we looked up the appointment slots available for the interview and then called the clininc to make an appointment first....then scheduled the interview for the next day. Keep in mind, that they will take your fiancee's passport and send the visa...it took about 5 days from embassy to her city.

I know whit is frustrating and a very very very very very drawn out process, but believe me, the light is now in the middle of the tunnel! not the end of the tunnel, anymore!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

The expedite was done with USCIS prior to receiving NOA2. Now that you are almost there, there is really nothing you can do to speed it up. I really wish I knew of a way. Just get ready...when you recieve your KEV#, pay and get the receipt so you can complete your DS-160(260, I forot), then set your medical and then, hopefully next day, you can set your interview. That is what we did....we looked up the appointment slots available for the interview and then called the clininc to make an appointment first....then scheduled the interview for the next day. Keep in mind, that they will take your fiancee's passport and send the visa...it took about 5 days from embassy to her city.

I know whit is frustrating and a very very very very very drawn out process, but believe me, the light is now in the middle of the tunnel! not the end of the tunnel, anymore!

I did find an option for expediting at the Embassy: http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ua/ua-main-contactus.asp

I wish we had the luxury of just taking a zen-like approach, but as a result of the nature of my work, all our dates had to be made way ahead of time. I simply do not have the flexibility to go beyond 11DEC to have her visa in hand. She isn't going to allow TNT (the delivery service used to return passport) send it to her city, b/c it would be quicker to retrieve it from the Kiev TNT office. I hope we can expedite this and get her interview soon.

She can go in the system and see what slots are available, but not able to schedule the interview yet despite paying the fee and submitting the DS-160. So you think she should schedule/do the medical in the meantime? Only thing is that's she's a good train ride from Kiev.

Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I did find an option for expediting at the Embassy: http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ua/ua-main-contactus.asp

I wish we had the luxury of just taking a zen-like approach, but as a result of the nature of my work, all our dates had to be made way ahead of time. I simply do not have the flexibility to go beyond 11DEC to have her visa in hand. She isn't going to allow TNT (the delivery service used to return passport) send it to her city, b/c it would be quicker to retrieve it from the Kiev TNT office. I hope we can expedite this and get her interview soon.

She can go in the system and see what slots are available, but not able to schedule the interview yet despite paying the fee and submitting the DS-160. So you think she should schedule/do the medical in the meantime? Only thing is that's she's a good train ride from Kiev.

Thanks

If you have the KEV# and form which lists the KEV# then you can/should apply for the medical exam. The form with the KEV# is needed when checking in for the medical exam. They might/might not, as I have seen some posts relating to this form, allow the exam without the form. Having the KEV# is the key part.

When we did everything, once we had all info, was we looked at open interview dates. My fiancess, now wife, called the clinic to schedule the exam 1 day prior to the interview. She, too, had a train ride and we decided it would be best to do everything as quickly as possible. So, having seen the open interview slots, she scheduled the medical exam and then we scheduled the interview at the embassy for the next day. It worked like a charm.

She arrived early in the morning into Kiev...went to the clinic...an ALL DAY ordeal...went to the hotel she selected and spent the night...woke up early and went to the embassy and had the interview.....her and the girls were on the van back to her city with time to spare.

If you can get the medical done, then it is up to you. I might/might not expedite things, but you would have it out of the way. I hope you get this resolved quickly. Your date is fast approaching. I feel for you.

Timeline

When we did everything, once we had all info, was we looked at open interview dates. My fiancess, now wife, called the clinic to schedule the exam 1 day prior to the interview. She, too, had a train ride and we decided it would be best to do everything as quickly as possible. So, having seen the open interview slots, she scheduled the medical exam and then we scheduled the interview at the embassy for the next day. It worked like a charm.

She arrived early in the morning into Kiev...went to the clinic...an ALL DAY ordeal...went to the hotel she selected and spent the night...woke up early and went to the embassy and had the interview.....her and the girls were on the van back to her city with time to spare.

If you can get the medical done, then it is up to you. I might/might not expedite things, but you would have it out of the way. I hope you get this resolved quickly. Your date is fast approaching. I feel for you.

Thanks for your input. How did you know when the embassy received your case? Was it through checking the site, calling reps at the call center or the letter the embassy sends? Ukrainian mail takes awhile, I doubt it was waiting for some letter. We can see today that the open interview dates are 7 days from yesterday, so we should be okay provided they receive our case in the next 10 days or so.

thanks

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Thanks for your input. How did you know when the embassy received your case? Was it through checking the site, calling reps at the call center or the letter the embassy sends? Ukrainian mail takes awhile, I doubt it was waiting for some letter. We can see today that the open interview dates are 7 days from yesterday, so we should be okay provided they receive our case in the next 10 days or so.

thanks

We are in the same boat as you. Waiting for consulate to receive the case.

Timeline

We are in the same boat as you. Waiting for consulate to receive the case.

When was your case mailed from NVC? I'm going to call NVC again and see if they can track it and then email the embassy today.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

When was your case mailed from NVC? I'm going to call NVC again and see if they can track it and then email the embassy today.

It was mailed Nov 3rd. (That's when the status went into In Transit). I looked it up on DHL and it seems like it was delivered to the embassy on the 6th.

Timeline

It was mailed Nov 3rd. (That's when the status went into In Transit). I looked it up on DHL and it seems like it was delivered to the embassy on the 6th.

How were you able to look it up on DHL? I tried getting DHL information from NVC but wasn't successful.

Thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.