We Keep Receipts

Thief grabs a 76-year-old's purse THEN ...

9 posts in this topic

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

How could I have guessed

Guess what? A thief was stopped by someone. What's wrong with the story?

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Scary looking black guy ( braids, Tupac t-shirt) stops a crime being committed by a white looking guy.

I think the brains of some VJ members are going to explode from this. :dancing:

Guess what? A thief was stopped by someone. What's wrong with the story?

Nothing, just that's it's always to pre-guess the racial makeup of the good guys and bad guys when you post, yet you claim to never have racial agendas when you post but yet castigate those who do. Not saying it's not ok for you to have a racial angle, just own it. If I was black and on this board I would have posted it also. Casted a dreadocked very well spoken brother in a very positive light, we need more of it.

Just stop with the "what, lil ol me act.

Other than that a great story

Scary looking black guy ( braids, Tupac t-shirt) stops a crime being committed by a white looking guy.

I think the brains of some VJ members are going to explode from this. :dancing:

It's obviously a hoax

It's Halloween. That's got to be a white guy doing a blackface costume, there's no other reasonable explanation.

Nothing, just that's it's always to pre-guess the racial makeup of the good guys and bad guys when you post, yet you claim to never have racial agendas when you post but yet castigate those who do. Not saying it's not ok for you to have a racial angle, just own it. If I was black and on this board I would have posted it also. Casted a dreadocked very well spoken brother in a very positive light, we need more of it.

Just stop with the "what, lil ol me act.

Other than that a great story

It's obviously a hoax

Maybe it's because when I post a story like this, I leave the comments out like:

"Polar bear hunting"

"Thuggish black teens"

"Problems with black people"

This story doesn't have a racial angle because there's no racism in it. The joke about it? When I heard purse snatching, I thought the perp was black until I watched it. And if he was, I still would have posted it. Because someone stopped it, doesn't matter what color they are.

I post on both sides of the spectrum. You just don't see it because you're looking for these type of threads where race is evident:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/519308-police-indiana-man-could-be-serial-killer;-cases-may-go-back-decades/

Black serial killer

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/516619-dna-links-suspect-in-hannah-graham-case-to-2-missing-virginia-women/

Black man might have killed two white women

I don't shy away from stories because of the racial make up, but then again I don't troll the internet looking for stories to make white people look bad. Monsters come in all shape, sizes, and colors.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg